Mobile Home Screen Change

I mean the new Home/Welcome screen. Having the Widgets as start screen + the customisable create buttons was much more useful and intuitive. Can't understand why they though the new screen has any useful use case...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Akos_M said:

Can't understand why they though the new screen has any useful use case...

This new video explains how they came to design the new screen and the user research they did. 

• Thanks 4
  • Level 5*

There were several versions floating around and personally I haven't seen the final one that was shown in the video, but I think what they have settled on will work for me.  What they didn't mention is that the iPad home screen is back to being the same as desktop, at least for me, so the changes they are showing appear to be only for the phone.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I now have the new mobile screen and ... I surprisingly like it.  

Clipboard is back and easy access to shortcuts has been added.  Those were my main complaints earlier.  Notes, Shortcuts, Tasks, and Calendar are all one click away, which I'm fine with.  Interestingly, files load much quicker than on the desktop app which I don't understand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Notes, Shortcuts, Tasks, and Calendar are all one click away

Yeah and I hate it. The first thing I want to see are my notes. I do not create notes on my phone, but I do view them or edit them. Hopefully they will add an option to pick what you want to see when you open the app - create, notes, shortcuts, tasks, calendar.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, matej1990 said:

Yeah and I hate it.

You’re pretty passionate about a single click, but ok.  If you don’t close the app it will open where you left off.  Didn’t the earlier version open to the Home Screen where you then needed to click to get to all notes?  I’m not seeing the difference.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If I remember well, we had this very same discussion when the Home Screen (ver. 1) was released. EN made the app to always open on Home, and users complained about it until a settings option was introduced. So open with Home, or where you left.

New team, lost experience, and here we are: Discussions about a toggle for starting with or w/out Home, ver. 2.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, s2sailor said:

You’re pretty passionate about a single click, but ok.  If you don’t close the app it will open where you left off.  Didn’t the earlier version open to the Home Screen where you then needed to click to get to all notes?  I’m not seeing the difference.

95% of the time on my phone I need a quick access to my recent notes and previous version of the home screen provided exactly that (no clicking needed):

image.png.65fdde253bae48d46bda97b958bb9685.png

It's an easy fix if they make an option so that notes tab is my default screen when I start the Evernote on my phone.

• Like 5

Same here. I need a quick access to already created notes and don't want to create 20 notes everytime I open the app.

3 minutes ago, matej1990 said:

95% of the time on my phone I need a quick access to my recent notes and previous version of the home screen provided exactly that (no clicking needed):

image.png.65fdde253bae48d46bda97b958bb9685.png

It's an easy fix if they make an option so that notes tab is my default screen when I start the Evernote on my phone.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, matej1990 said:

make an option so that notes tab is my default screen when I start the Evernote on my phone.

Options are always good.  I don’t see a setting currently so it might be good to provide comment to feedback@evernote.com.

• Like 2

Just woke up to latest update for iOS. 

My previous personalised Home Screen which enabled me to get to everything I needed quickly seems to have dissapeared. 
In its place is a screen which has large unnecessary buttons and less menu options. 
I cannot believe the majority of users will be happy with this. 
The previous Home Screen and widgets was excellent, at least for me. Why keep fixing what isn’t broke. 

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
27 minutes ago, johnyone said:

My previous personalised Home Screen which enabled me to get to everything I needed quickly seems to have dissapeared. 

It is still there, but now two taps away.  Tap the settings icon in the upper left and then My Widgets to get back to your old Home Screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

"Evernote product lead Federico Simionato shares how user feedback shaped the new Home experience on Evernote Mobile"

So much for feedback. Guess my mobile data will be back in Notion. 

On 4/28/2024 at 8:02 AM, johnyone said:

S2sailor - Thank you so much, Home Screen restored. 

It's not restored. You are going to have to do that every time you use mobile.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can get to my “old” Home Screen from virtually anywhere with just two taps and if I close the app whilst on the Home Screen it reopens on the Home Screen. 
As far as I’m concerned that’s restored!

That is not always the case (try force closing the app). You will need to use 2 taps a lot. Also enjoy it while you can because it will not be there forever. There is a reason why they moved it. It's only a matter of time since they remove it permanently.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, matej1990 said:

There is a reason why they moved it. It's only a matter of time since they remove it permanently.

Maybe, but I think more likely probably not.  They kept it on the iPad.  If they were going to pull it, I think they would have done it now.

Has anyone noticed the Win desktop Home screen no longer has a scrollbar? You're stuck either using your keyboard to scroll down or you're relegated to just those widgets that fit on the top portion of the screen. Wonder if they're preparing to do away with Home on desktop, too.

15 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Maybe, but I think more likely probably not.  They kept it on the iPad.  If they were going to pull it, I think they would have done it now.

They are still keeping it for a smoother transition. I'm sure they are checking the parameters how much old UI is still in use. Once the users are getting used to the new UI and hopefully they also add some customizations options to it, the old home UI makes no sense to exist.

Absolutely. Somehow the Bending Spooners got the idea that widgets are of no use for us mobile users. So please everyone using widgets on mobile, please go on via profile / my widgets to get them back and use them. It is a way to tell BS you still need them on mobile via metrics of how often the "my widgets" is triggered.

26 minutes ago, Alxa said:

Absolutely. Somehow the Bending Spooners got the idea that widgets are of no use for us mobile users. So please everyone using widgets on mobile, please go on via profile / my widgets to get them back and use them. It is a way to tell BS you still need them on mobile via metrics of how often the "my widgets" is triggered.

I still have the widgets on mobile.

On 4/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, matej1990 said:

That is not always the case (try force closing the app). You will need to use 2 taps a lot. Also enjoy it while you can because it will not be there forever. There is a reason why they moved it. It's only a matter of time since they remove it permanently.

This.

I really dislike this new home screen on iOS. The only part of this new design that I find useful is the navigation bar on the bottom.

It is very cumbersome having to reach up and tap on the top left to open a menu and then tap again to bring back the widgets. Try doing that on an iPhone Max, that upper left corner is almost unreachable with your right thumb.

And this isn't the worst change they have forced into us, believe me. I am creating a new thread about the one change where they have completely screwed up the users with visual impairments. I have created support tickets and sent feedback about it but as usual BS is completely ignoring customer support requests.

This last month has seen some of the worst decisions taken by the EN devs in recent memory.

• Like 1