Android app crashes on opening 10.5 and 10.6

Go to solution Solved by Waldopepper,

I have evernote app on my android (android 10 on sony), and it stopped working after update 10.5. I was hoping the next update would solve it but it didn't (10.6). I try to open the app, there's a splash screen for 1 second and then nothing. On the second try I get the message "evernote keeps stopping".

Tried: uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling. No luck.

Submitted a crash report too, through google play.

Can I install an older version of the app? Where can I find it?

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, juneloon said:

I uninstalled Web View and rebooted and still have the problem.

We fixed it by un-installing updates to Webview, not uninstalling the app completely, is that what you did? I would have thought this is not an app you can uninstall. 

• Shane D. pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Same error "evernote keeps stopping" on my Motorola. Evernote opens one milisecond, then closes itself.
None of the solutions here worked. Updating or installing Chrome and Web View did'nt do anything.

• Like 2

WhatsApp crashes every time it launches on Samsung A71 - Android 10.  I've uninstalled Android Webview, then updated it and Chrome.  Nope - nothing works.  I've tried several times ... deleting Google Play data...uninstalling and updating Android WebView...uninstalling/updating Chrome again.  Rebooting the Samsung, and then relaunch WApp.  Nope - same crash occurring.  This SUCKS!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Since the previous version, the app crashes. I have just updated the latest version yesterday and it has not fixed. I have a Galaxy S10 on Android 11. It crashes with the app online. It is very frustrating!

Behaviour: click on app to open, the initial splash quickly appears and than it crashes.

UPDATE: I was able to fix it. Went to the apps part of the Android and cleared Evernotes memory, removed all the permission I had microphone and camera) and forced stop. I am not sure if I had just done the force stop if would have been enough. All I know is that now it is working again.

Edited by marcoforini
FOUND A FIX
  • Thanks 1
On 4/17/2021 at 4:31 AM, marcoforini said:

I have the same problem. Since the previous version, the app crashes. I have just updated the latest version yesterday and it has not fixed. I have a Galaxy S10 on Android 11. It crashes with the app online. It is very frustrating!

Behaviour: click on app to open, the initial splash quickly appears and than it crashes.

UPDATE: I was able to fix it. Went to the apps part of the Android and cleared Evernotes memory, removed all the permission I had microphone and camera) and forced stop. I am not sure if I had just done the force stop if would have been enough. All I know is that now it is working again.

I'm running a Motorola G30, Android 11 / RRCS31.Q1-3-34-1-2 and have the crash on launch with Evernote 10.7.2.

I have tried the webview solution (but found I was already on most current webview version - did try also loading and setting default the current webview beta, but no joy so I uninstalled that.  Have also tried clearing the cache associated with Evernote (but not the storage).  No change - still crashing on launch.  

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue Android shows the error "evernote keeps stopping" since the last couple of days.

Moto G100, Android 11 - Evernote 10.9 (Apr 28th 2021); Android Webview 90.0.4430.9 (Apr 26th 2021) - I cannot see the last update listed so I cannot remove update

• 4 weeks later...

The admin tagged me and said specifically to ping him if any questions, so I gave it a shot. I can't use the web client on Android, not supported. Using it on a desktop defeats the purpose of having a mobile app.

I'm trying something else, may open a ticket. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, juneloon said:

The admin tagged me and said specifically to ping him if any questions, so I gave it a shot. I can't use the web client on Android, not supported. Using it on a desktop defeats the purpose of having a mobile app.

I'm trying something else, may open a ticket. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi. I don't have a solution for this problem beyond deleting and re-installing the app.

I've had to do it several times since changing to an Android phone a couple months ago. Each time has been a different problem, so the bugs keep me on my toes, but last time it was a sudden, inexplicable inability to open the app without crashing it. Eventually, after a week or two of that, I just deleted and re-installed. Is it fixed? Well... downloading the notebooks for offline use has taken a really long time. I don't remember how many days it has been, but I still have a long, long way to go before everything is sorted. I assume this offline sync thing is causing my other headaches: for some reason the note counts don't match with my computer, notes are missing, and recent notes are not appearing. Interestingly, when I make a new note on Android, it appears immediately on my desktop, but not vice-versa. And, on Android it still has the green un-synced mark in an apparent effort to trick me into thinking it isn't syncing. Go figure. 

Anyhow, it is opening, so even if the sync is only working one direction, it is an improvement!

Just started having this problem too, after trying a web-clip from WorldCat. The clip said "success!" then the app crashed. On my laptop, Evernote had not done the clip. Since then, cannot open any notes: they show on the screen for about 3-4 seconds, during which time I can't scroll past the initial display, and then the app crashes.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

1 hour ago, CIanLehrer said:

Just started having this problem too, after trying a web-clip from WorldCat. The clip said "success!" then the app crashed. On my laptop, Evernote had not done the clip. Since then, cannot open any notes: they show on the screen for about 3-4 seconds, during which time I can't scroll past the initial display, and then the app crashes.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Have you tried clearing storage and cache in app settings? This worked for me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I am using the app on a Note 10+ with the most recent Android updates.  I was having the same issue (splash banner and crash with an android notification "Evernote keeps crashing", here was my troubleshooting and what ended up fixing it:

1) Uninstalled updates on Android System Webview - no change.  Reinstalled said updates and moved forward.

2) Used force stop on Evernote - No change.

3) Cleared Cache - no change.

4) Cleared Data (said yes to prompt that EVERYTHING would be deleted) - Fixed.  Required re-login upon reopening the app, but now I am able to open the app freely.  I don't have enough knowledge in the wheelhouse of this apps style to know exactly why that worked, but there must have been something from the previous version of the app that was incompatible with the update.  While it wasn't a completely raw reinstall, the clear data option deletes everything local and personal that isn't the app itself, so do what you will with this information.  I will edit this post if this fix does not remain permanent or needs to be performed again later.

• Level 5

You probably exceeded your 2 device limit. This can lead to an endless loading page instead of a message we all would expect.

Go to you account, tab devices. Only 2 are allowed, and you need to be down to 1 to add another. The web client counts as a device.

• 1 month later...

Hello all:

My Evernote app (free version which has been perfect since 2013) now crashes on my Pixel 4a.

Can someone walk me through the solution please?

I am not well versed in techno jargon so would really appreciate a step by step. I'm nervous about deleting the app and re-installing. Will deleting the app affect my Evernote Web content/data which I now rely on entirely.

Thank you!!

• Level 5

All data is kept on the server, uninstalling a client will not touch it.

What Android version are you running on your Pixel ?

When you go to the web client, account information and look into devices - how many devices do you see ? If you want to connect another one, you need to be down to 1 client left, which in your casework be the web client. Unsync all others, including the Pixel, if it is listed.

To start with a white sheet I would treat the Pixel as a new device, so uninstall the app There, switch the phone off, wait a Moment, switch it On again, reinstall and log in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 11:31 PM, marcoforini said:

On 9/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, PinkElephant said:

All data is kept on the server, uninstalling a client will not touch it.

What Android version are you running on your Pixel ?

When you go to the web client, account information and look into devices - how many devices do you see ? If you want to connect another one, you need to be down to 1 client left, which in your casework be the web client. Unsync all others, including the Pixel, if it is listed.

To start with a white sheet I would treat the Pixel as a new device, so uninstall the app There, switch the phone off, wait a Moment, switch it On again, reinstall and log in.

Thank you, marcoforini.  Your update fixed it for me.

It turns out that the solution to the problem is so simple, thank you. When I had this problem, I also thought that most likely, this version does not support the Evernote application. So just didn't want to mess with it and just scored. After a while, I needed this application and canceled new updates for the application to work.
By the way, I recently discovered one great application for a Macbook. I was just looking for a file manager and accidentally found the Oka Paste application. It turned out to be very convenient. I didn't even know about the existence of such an application. That is, it allows you to view and apply everything that you have copied in advance.

Guys I've just found the solution!!

Its crashing bcz ur signing in through google!!

sign in through email with an email and a password given and it will work just fine it wont crash!!

better do it after a clean install 

good luck guys!

7 hours ago, Yazzx98 said:

Guys I've just found the solution!!

Its crashing bcz ur signing in through google!!

sign in through email with an email and a password given and it will work just fine it wont crash!!

No..., that wasn't what fixed the issue for me. I was signing in via email and password.

Clearing storage and cache fixed it at the time.

Also, later updates fixed it.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Evernote Expert

Can you identify what happened a week ago? I'd explore which software was updated at that time. Could be Evernote or something else.

Which version of Evernote do you have?

Have you tried opening support ticket?

• Level 5

I have that same phone and have not been having the problem. (I use a non-Android-stock keyboard, FWIW.) There was a recent system update--I wonder if that is involved somehow. I installed that update and haven't had any problems. But interactions among Evernote, its Electron wrapper, Samsung One UI, and Android leave a lot of room for weird errors. This may require a support ticket, for which they will want your logs, and that may be hard to deliver without a functioning app.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I tried it without the Microsoft Keyboard, and went back to the Samsung Keyboard.  No change.

agsteele:  

• I had a look but was not able to tell if there were any updates the week prior that may have impacted this situation
  • I am using Version 10.48.  Newly installed.
  • How do i open a "support ticket".  Not familiar with this.  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Not familiar with this Forum.

Thank you for your advice.  This is killing me.  Just love my Evernote but now I am stuck.

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

Same with me
After updating the Evernote mobile application (to 10.48 (1129232) - the mobile application practically does not work, every click takes ages, not to mention launching.

additionally, the mobile application does not synchronize with the computer version, the computer version with the web version,
Only the mobile application is synchronized with the web version.

I sent a report, but silence.

Damn, Evernote is slowly becoming useless 3 years ago, with the liquidation of version 7.0, I was siphoning 50% of my notes now too. Now, after updating the mobile application, about 500 notes have been lost, including the last one! They are also missing in the web application - I only see them on computers but they do not synchronize.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Many people have found the Android app to be intolerably slow and difficult to sync (not me, but lots of others), but losing notes is another matter. This definitely sounds like an issue for technical support. How long have your been waiting for a reply from them? Honestly, I doubt that there's much your fellow users here can do but sympathize. Just TBC, it's not a matter of one Evernote client syncing with another. Each client (desktop computer, Web, mobile) syncs with the Evernote server to update the master copy stored there, and then other clients sync down from that. Which makes it all the more surprising that the mobile and Web clients are lined up, and not the computer one.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Lorena Flores Agüero said:

I got this problem a few days ago and thought it was my phone.... or my internet. But I have done everything. Nothing has helped.

And I cant contact support becase I use the free version. So.... any other suggestions? :(

Welcome to the forums. There have been several problems described in this thread. Can you give some more details about what is happening (or not happening)?