Jump to content
We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
  • 0
martinrice

Evernote Helper in menu bar problem

Idea

I just installed v. 10.0 and noticed that now I have two EN create note icons in my menu bar (see attached image). They're both there only if my EN desktop app is open. If I click on the left one, it takes me from whatever window I'm in to my EN desktop app. Then, if I click it again I get a short menu with three choices: Open Evernote (but it's already opened), New Note, Quit Evernote.

If the EN desktop app is not open, there's only the one icon on the right. If I want to create a note and click on it, I get a drop down window, but I can't create a note, that is, I can't get the cursor in it to begin typing.

Is this a know bug or is there something wrong with my setup. I've always used that icon frequently to create notes when looking at various browser windows or different screens, and it doesn't seem usable now.

TIA for your help,

Martin

1886311471_ScreenShot2020-10-08at10_38_49AM.jpg.0a3ddf26ab3c4d1dd2680aeb1decbe07.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

13 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Is there a way to edit my post so that I can change the title? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

My issue with the new helper is that when I click on the icon, I cannot just start typing a new note right there.  The new note gets opened in the Evernote app.  I love being able to write quick notes in the menu bar without even having the app up and running.  

Also the helper is only open when the app is running.  The last version, the helper always ran so I wouldn't even have to be running the full application to capture a quick thought or screenshot.

Please fix this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This is a major regression. The original functionality was very useful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, cowright said:

My issue with the new helper is that when I click on the icon, I cannot just start typing a new note right there.  The new note gets opened in the Evernote app.  I love being able to write quick notes in the menu bar without even having the app up and running.  

Also the helper is only open when the app is running.  The last version, the helper always ran so I wouldn't even have to be running the full application to capture a quick thought or screenshot.

Please fix this.

Evernote Helper for Evernote 10 is coming in the next few updates. Stay tuned. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

Evernote Helper for Evernote 10 is coming in the next few updates. Stay tuned. 

Should be notified, it's a regression. At least put your answer in the bullet that appear when attempting to add quick note or use the screenshot capture. It should be fine to read "it's comming in a few updates to make it even better".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, ebretteville said:

Should be notified, it's a regression. At least put your answer in the bullet that appear when attempting to add quick note or use the screenshot capture. It should be fine to read "it's comming in a few updates to make it even better".

it's in the release notes. 

Screen%20Shot%202020-10-11%20at%2011.35.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Glad to see this coming back, it really is a great feature. I can't really imagine why the app was launched before it could be included, but whatever, the sooner the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm not sure of the name... I think its called the 'Evernote Helper.'  It sits in the menu bar.  One could use it to do screengrabs and to jot down quick notes to later save into Evernote.  It seems to be missing.  Will it return?

 

image.png.7c7da13d37557539a4d90d1977f72313.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, Nick L. said:

Evernote Helper for Evernote 10 is coming in the next few updates. Stay tuned. 

What's the expected time?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...