Jump to content
Introducing 'Templates' for Evernote Read more... ×
Notebook Limit Increase Read more... ×
  • 2
Mark Miller

Evernote for Mac 7.2 Beta 1

Idea

Hello, everyone.

Today we are releasing 7.2 Beta 1! The release contains an option to automatically download and install updates, improvements to search results for Business users while online, streamlined onboarding for Spaces, and several bug fixes. The release can be found here.

Evernote for Mac 7.2 Beta 1 Release Notes

New:

  • An option for users to automatically download and install updates
  • More relevant search results for Business users while online with the introduction of service side search
  • Streamlined Spaces onboarding flow

Fixed:

  • A fix for an issue where resources such as image, pdf, or audio are broken after merging notes and syncing
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where drag and drop operations would interfere with the pastebord contents
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where content won't load for a shared URL
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where a share to iMessage only shares title
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where removing a notebook shortcut caused the notebook to not display
  • A fix for Spaces where a space member list includes blank users
  • A fix for Spaces where an 'Unable to load' message displays in Widget when it should not

 

Share this post


Link to post

29 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Bug Report: Lost attachments                                                                                                                    
A note with two attachments          1898360113_ScreenShot2018-05-08at06_46_39.png.772ef520acda767c87f79430979b9c05.png     

Attachments disapear                      482522637_ScreenShot2018-05-08at06_46_56.png.da82eb4b162225f5fa00dbb63d6c98e3.png

 

Same note on the web                      1207311337_ScreenShot2018-05-08at06_50_43.png.7ca87d89a7539c35581a8a3f1f2524b6.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

Still getting the ads - My assumption would be if a customer says no multiple times to an offer that they probably don't want to take the offer up and that we should stop pushing the ads are they just annoying and create a negative perception of the company.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

While I personally think the concept of auto-updates is cool, there are a lot of grumpy folks burned by some Evernote updates in the Mac discussion group that may not be big fans of this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yeah that's one of the funniest things I've seen on here. What could possible go wrong......?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hey y'all, 

Emphasis on optional here. You don't have to turn it on if you don't want to, but it's been a popular feature request for a while. If you're like me and have to have control over everything, then leave the box unchecked ;)

 

Screen_Shot_2018-05-04_at_11_21_28_AM.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

So still no fix for the blank note list glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, janstet said:

So still no fix for the blank note list glitch?

It's still early but so far, I have not experienced the invisible note list issue.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

It's still early but so far, I have not experience the invisible note list issue.

Thanks for reporting your experience so far.

I'd really like to see something in the release notes about this. I mean the bug has been present for over 2 months now. If the note list is fixed...why would it not be listed in the release notes?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

A bug is back where clicking on a note in shortcuts causes the note to highlight briefly before the highlight shifting down to 'All Notes'. When I select a note in shortcuts, the highlight should remain on that note.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@DTLow Sorry you experienced dataloss here. Are you able to DM me your activity logs and the date you noticed the issue occurring? Were you able to recover the files via Note History?

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mark Miller said:

More relevant search results for Business users while online with the introduction of service side search

is there more info about this somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There was a "new" build of 7.2 beta 1 released recently — what's new in this?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@macfixer Nothing new. We needed to bump the build number to prepare for an upcoming release.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mark Miller said:

Hello, everyone.

Today we are releasing 7.2 Beta 1! The release contains an option to automatically download and install updates, improvements to search results for Business users while online, streamlined onboarding for Spaces, and several bug fixes. The release can be found here.

Evernote for Mac 7.2 Beta 1 Release Notes

New:

  • An option for users to automatically download and install updates
  • More relevant search results for Business users while online with the introduction of service side search
  • Streamlined Spaces onboarding flow

Fixed:

  • A fix for an issue where resources such as image, pdf, or audio are broken after merging notes and syncing
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where drag and drop operations would interfere with the pastebord contents
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where content won't load for a shared URL
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where a share to iMessage only shares title
  • A fix for an intermittent issue where removing a notebook shortcut caused the notebook to not display
  • A fix for Spaces where a space member list includes blank users
  • A fix for Spaces where an 'Unable to load' message displays in Widget when it should not

 

Followed the automatic update request. (nur now on:  Version 7.1.1 (456663 Direkt)   (WHY????)

I cannot use Evernote any more. Get the message: "Your local Evernote data is being managed by a newer version of Evernote. Please use the latest version"

Need TOP-URGENT your solution
a) Revers back
b) new working Version

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, Mark Miller said:

@macfixer Nothing new. We needed to bump the build number to prepare for an upcoming release.

I believe this crashs everything! (see my comment above).
Please, need top urgent help!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Mic@Evern said:

I believe this crashs everything! (see my comment above).
Please, need top urgent help!

I guess you can try downloading the latest 7.2 beta http://bit.ly/EN7-2b1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Vincent Noel said:

I guess you can try downloading the latest 7.2 beta http://bit.ly/EN7-2b1

Curiosity is:
- I used exactly that Version (7.2 beta) from your link (http://bit.ly/EN7-2b1)
- once installed it shows 
   a) the message " "Your local Evernote data ...."
   b) when looking at info it Shows Version Version  7.1.1 (456663 Direkt)  EDITOR: 45.1.5170 (bfe1ee3)

This is the stränge thing.
Maybe @ Evernote Team @Mark Miller , it has to do with German language ???

STILL NEED URGENT HELP!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Mic@Evern said:

Curiosity is:
- I used exactly that Version (7.2 beta) from your link (http://bit.ly/EN7-2b1)
- once installed it shows 
   a) the message " "Your local Evernote data ...."
   b) when looking at info it Shows Version Version  7.1.1 (456663 Direkt)  EDITOR: 45.1.5170 (bfe1ee3)

This is the stränge thing.
Maybe @ Evernote Team @Mark Miller , it has to do with German language ???

STILL NEED URGENT HELP!

when this kind of message appears, I've seen people recommend that you trash your evenote App, your evernote library files (in ~/Library/Application Support/), and reinstall. The evernote application should re-download all your notes from the server (which might take a while).

Before doing that, I'd suggest checking on the evernote web site whether all your notes are there 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Vincent Noel said:

when this kind of message appears, I've seen people recommend that you trash your evenote App, your evernote library files (in ~/Library/Application Support/), and reinstall. The evernote application should re-download all your notes from the server (which might take a while).

Before doing that, I'd suggest checking on the evernote web site whether all your notes are there 🙂

how to re-connect all OFFLINE Notebooks?
do you know a Detail description somewhere ... how to do?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Mic@Evern said:

how to re-connect all OFFLINE Notebooks?
do you know a Detail description somewhere ... how to do?

I have no info about offline notebooks, sorry 😕

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Mic@Evern If you have offline notebooks, then we can use a local backup of yours to try recovering them. I'm opening a support ticket for you.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, nicolml said:

@Mic@Evern If you have offline notebooks, then we can use a local backup of yours to try recovering them. I'm opening a support ticket for you.

great, when can I expect a solution?
 (stupid ... just always Happens when you have a urge :( )

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 hours ago, Mic@Evern said:

how to re-connect all OFFLINE Notebooks?
do you know a Detail description somewhere ... how to do?

I responded here with a solution for restoring from TimeMachine backups

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Mic@Evern said:

how to re-connect all OFFLINE Notebooks?
do you know a Detail description somewhere ... how to do?

If Evernote Support doesn't come through for you, you can use this process to backup/recover EN Mac Local Notebooks.

  1. Export to ENEX all Local Notebooks you have, with each NB to a separate ENEX file.
    Repeat for each Local Notebook:
    1. Click on a Local NB, then
    2. select all Notes, then
    3. File > Export Notes > Evernote XML Format (.enex)
    4. Be sure to check the box "Include tags"
    5. Give the ENEX file a name like the NB name
  2. After you have setup a new, clean install of EN Mac, then just import the ENEX files from Step #1.

Questions?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, nicolml said:

If you have offline notebooks, then we can use a local backup of yours to try recovering them

@nicolml, it would be very helpful to many if Evernote could publish a detailed procedure (in your Knowledge Base site) for how to recover Notes from a Time Machine backup.

Until you do, perhaps you could review/critique the procedure I have written:
How to Restore Selected Notes from Mac Time Machine (TM) to EN Mac 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

If Evernote Support doesn't come through for you, you can use this process to backup/recover EN Mac Local Notebooks.

  1. Export to ENEX all Local Notebooks you have, with each NB to a separate ENEX file.
    Repeat for each Local Notebook:
    1. Click on a Local NB, then
    2. select all Notes, then
    3. File > Export Notes > Evernote XML Format (.enex)
    4. Be sure to check the box "Include tags"
    5. Give the ENEX file a name like the NB name
  2. After you have setup a new, clean install of EN Mac, then just import the ENEX files from Step #1.

Questions?

thanks for your response but ....
...  since upgrade I cannot access anything!!!! (so I can´t export Notebooks to ENEX  :(

Therefore my request was the description on how to:
- recover betest working "EN-APP + all Evernote*" to the last saved state of the TM Backup
  (*in respect to recovering the "last backuped LOCAL NB 
State" & bringing back "cloud Notebooks"

thanks for your recommendation on that in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/17/2018 at 1:16 AM, Mic@Evern said:

Therefore my request was the description on how to:
- recover betest working "EN-APP + all Evernote*" to the last saved state of the TM Backup

I provided that above:

On 5/16/2018 at 6:10 PM, JMichaelTX said:

How to Restore Selected Notes from Mac Time Machine (TM) to EN Mac 

If you have specific questions about that procedure, please post in that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×