Recently Evernote Android always opens with the attached start page, inviting me to create various kinds of new notes.  I much preferred the previous "Home" page which showed recent notes and other things (I more often want to refer to or continue a note rather than starting another one).  To get that page back I have to go through the menu and select "My Widgets".   Asking for the "Home" page takes me back to the unwanted "New Note" page.   This happens on both my Android phone and tablet while on Windows the Home page is still the useful one.  Does anyone know how to get the usual Home page back on Android ? 

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Same, and the UI for my widgets (which as you said, used to be right there as my Home when opening the app) are now buggy, too. Recent Notes, for example, don't refresh/display.. They just strobe as if waiting to sync--but sync isn't an issue.

It's far less useful now, bordering on broken. ☹️

• Like 1

Is there no way to reactivate the normal start screen? I've already deleted all my data and reinstalled, but that didn't help either. I've been an Evernote customer since 2008, but they've never made such a mess.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
On 3/28/2024 at 4:50 PM, grischuni said:

Is there no way to reactivate the normal start screen? I've already deleted all my data and reinstalled, but that didn't help either. I've been an Evernote customer since 2008, but they've never made such a mess.

As indicated a couple of posts above yours, this is a test that Evernote is running on "selected" users. So you've been selected. There's a long-running thread about this in another forum (below). The more recent posts in it indicate that they are responding to user feedback. But I'm afraid we are going to lose our beautiful, widget-filled "normal" start page.

Em 26/03/2024 at 08:43, jowett2001 disse:

Recently Evernote Android always opens with the attached start page, inviting me to create various kinds of new notes.  I much preferred the previous "Home" page which showed recent notes and other things (I more often want to refer to or continue a note rather than starting another one).  To get that page back I have to go through the menu and select "My Widgets".   Asking for the "Home" page takes me back to the unwanted "New Note" page.   This happens on both my Android phone and tablet while on Windows the Home page is still the useful one.  Does anyone know how to get the usual Home page back on Android ? 

image.jpeg

I liked this new home page because it was more practical and simple. However, it doesn't make sense to include the old home page (with widgets) in the menu. I think it's better to have an option in the settings where the user can choose which page they want to start with: the old one or the new one. I have already sent a message to feedback@evernote.com with this suggestion.
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, Valgarður Guðjónsson said:

Is there anyway to get out of this 'selected users group'? This is awful, and trying to submit a support request results in a message that Evernote does not support my browser (Chrome) after requiring me to login 3-5 times.

I don't think there's any way out. You can email feedback@evernote.com. The support pages have been revised recently, so I don't know if that will make them easier to access: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

It would be a smart thing to make beta things optional and not forced. They have Google Play console for beta testing, they don't use it.

Also I REALLY hope they don't settle on this design. It's horrible that I can't see my recent notes anymore and it has so much wasted space. :(

They are currently deciding on these 2 designs:
image.thumb.png.f0294c5f86e283205b699b02cd722811.png

Second one looks good, but I still don't know why they greet me and why do I need the date in a note taking app... Again lot's of wasted space. 🙄
Looking forward to the "much faster" stuff!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the idea of the new start screen. We have OS level widgets (I can only speak for Android). If we want direct access to new note, new audio capture, new photo capture etc. we can place the powerful respective one-click-widget on our device home screen. I won't open the app to press new note on a dedicated screen, if this can be done with widgets for years - with one fast click. If fast capture is "your needs", maybe Evernote could try some onboarding for the device widgets for new users that probably are not aware of them.

I like the former unified home screen, as we got direct widget access (calendar, filtered notes etc.) and - for me the most important: scratchpad. The scratchpad(s) directly at hand, synced through all devices absolutely killed the last paper in my home flying around. Sad to see they are now hiding and probably later dismissing the old home screen with widgets on mobile 😞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 5:27 AM, matej1990 said:

It would be a smart thing to make beta things optional and not forced. They have Google Play console for beta testing, they don't use it.

Also I REALLY hope they don't settle on this design. It's horrible that I can't see my recent notes anymore and it has so much wasted space. :(

They are currently deciding on these 2 designs:
image.thumb.png.f0294c5f86e283205b699b02cd722811.png

Second one looks good, but I still don't know why they greet me and why do I need the date in a note taking app... Again lot's of wasted space. 🙄
Looking forward to the "much faster" stuff!

And most importantly,

NOT MINE
image.png.d4c1cc75a17bc02a7766ac1f16cca936.png

And it doesn't matter how fast it comes up if it puts me 2-4 clicks away from content that used to appear on my home page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why we aren't given the choice of what we see when we first open the app. I just want to have access to my notes, but every time I go  back to the app, I have to go through that (to me) utterly useless screen. I paid a certain amount of money, and end up in the place of a Guinea pig (if I understood well) for a badly redesigned product. It's unnerving, it impedes my workflow. If I add the (to me) ugly, dull and slow new Windows app, all pleasure in using Evernote, a once wonderful product, is lost to me. I have been using it for 13 years, I'm afraid there won't be a 14th.

• Like 2