AI Cleanup issue

• Level 5*

Same here on a couple of random tries - if you need cleanup,  any of the AI services offer something similar - just copy/ paste content across and experiment whether you want "note-style / bullet points / 100 words or less" type prompts.  Since I always have a browser open on desktop it's easy to swop between the two...

• Evernote Expert

I don't find AI Cleanup useful but this error would arise if you have a note at for Cleanup on one device but then edited on another.

I'd close the web browser or move to another note or even the Home view. That should end the Cleanup.

Or has been reported by others in small numbers.

2 hours ago, laurence.glazier said:

It happens every time on the Windows app, including on new notes. Doesn't happen on webapp. I'll just use the webapp for now, a minor inconvenience, 

Same problem here. (Or maybe not actually a "problem" for me either, as I mostly just testing the feature from time to time to see if it can used for something).
Anyway - seems that if I wait a couple of minutes after the error message, and then run AI Cleanup again, it will work 🤔

2 hours ago, laurence.glazier said:

no doubt it will be fixed soon as it will be happening to users at BS too.

I don't think anybody at BS is using Evernote 🫤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was successful with AI Cleanup on Windows with two different notes just now. Both were BRAND NEW NOTES.

When I tried AI Cleanup with other notes created as recently as Dec. 24, I got the same error message as I had been getting and as others in this thread are getting.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Got the same message when I tried AI cleanup.

But after I opened the note in a new window and clicked on the AI cleanup there, it was properly processed.

Looks like one of these beta hiccups to me. Won't issue a support ticket, I don't use the feature.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

But after I opened the note in a new window and clicked on the AI cleanup there, it was properly processed.

Looks like one of these beta hiccups to me. Won't issue a support ticket, I don't use the feature.

I tried your suggestion...opened the note in a new window. AI Cleanup ran fine. So far, it's worked 100% of the time.

Many thanks!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, PinkElephant said:

Thanks for the note. AI Note cleanup doesn't work in the Mac app when viewing the note in the list view. When the note is opened as a separate note, the AI Note clean-up works just fine. I use it to clean up writing. I clip and paste from my Mac when using the 'reader' app on the Mac. Not a big deal for me, it works fine this way and in the web version.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, DTrahan said:

Thanks for the note. AI Note cleanup doesn't work in the Mac app when viewing the note in the list view. When the note is opened as a separate note, the AI Note clean-up works just fine. I use it to clean up writing. I clip and paste from my Mac when using the 'reader' app on the Mac. Not a big deal for me, it works fine this way and in the web version.

I've never used Evernote's AI cleanup, so I ask out of sheer curiosity, what does it clean up? Grammatical and spelling errors, poor organization, lack of adequate data? I'm a real control freak, so I like to find and fix such issues myself, but I might be persuaded to let Robbie Robot have a go at it, if he is really capable and doesn't regard my elegant prose as a lack of robotic exactitude. 🙂

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I've never used Evernote's AI cleanup, so I ask out of sheer curiosity, what does it clean up? Grammatical and spelling errors, poor organization, lack of adequate data? I'm a real control freak, so I like to find and fix such issues myself, but I might be persuaded to let Robbie Robot have a go at it, if he is really capable and doesn't regard my elegant prose as a lack of robotic exactitude. 🙂

Most of it is formatting, setting paragraphical breaks, and subdividing notes into a form when exported as pdf are readily printable.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, PinkElephant said:

Beta means what ?

Playstuff, for playkids (or the nerdiest of nerds, pick your choice).

Beta testing is the final round of testing before releasing a product to a wide audience.