How do I change the week start date from Monday to Sunday on Evernote for Windows?

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Currently the week starts on Monday on the calendar that appears when I schedule tasks and reminders and it's causing me no end of scheduling headaches and missed appointments. I really need the week to start on Sunday but the option to change the start day seems to have disappeared out of the settings menu. Can anyone help? I can't find the answer to this anywhere and I've tried everything I can think of in the Windows app and online to fix it.

image.png.513dac9a432fd0ddec051b2d0c44bf11.png

I've still got Sunday first for me -- how I'd want it -- on 10.67.4 on MacOS Desktop.

Wonder if they made some changes to try and guess at what locale we are in and in some cases guessed wrong.

I can't say I ever remember there being a setting toggle for it in v10.

So, here's the trick: it's not in the app settings, weirdly enough. On Windows, you gotta go to your system settings > Time & Language > Date & Time. Scroll down and change the "First day of the week" setting to Sunday.

@agsteele,

I >think< I just changed my calendar week to start on Monday in Windows.  Taskbar calendar now starts on Monday.  Evernote still starts on Sunday, though.  I've pasted in the method I used to change the week start day in Windows but, this being Windows, there could easily be some other system setting I should be using.  Maybe @PinkElephant has a suggestion.

Anyway, the method below for setting the start day of the week doesn't affect Evernote on my system.

Vinnie

image.png.bb9e666026f3cc3aef8d684afea65c2c.png

Slightly off-topic, but all of the "Sunday week starters" in the Western World are a mystery to me. The work week, school week, financial week, and government services week all start on Mondays, and so I've never understood why anyone would want their calendars to start on Sunday!

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I've always started my weeks on a Sunday since childhood. So my Windows default for the UK is Sunday. Evernote remains stuck on a Monday start. No idea why but I can survive whatever. ;)

It's a Canadian thing, maybe? Carry-over from the UK? Everything starts on Monday but the calendar has always been SMTWTFS. My PC date/time settings are Sunday-start. I uninstalled the Windows app and I'm going to see if I can change it via the web. I remember several updates back there was the option to start your calendar on Sunday or Monday, but as I said it looks like that's gone now.

Would it have anything to do with the VPN I use? If I connect in Europe maybe it'll change the start day?

• Level 5

You folks aren't looking nearly far enough back. In very ancient Jewish and Christian tradition, God created the world on Sunday. Good enough to be God's first day.... So the tradition of the Sunday - Saturday week settled in in "the West," and largely remains. Doesn't bother me, I'm retired, nothing starts on Monday for me either! 😄

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

Slightly off-topic, but all of the "Sunday week starters" in the Western World are a mystery to me. The work week, school week, financial week, and government services week all start on Mondays, and so I've never understood why anyone would want their calendars to start on Sunday!

I don't want it that way, it just is! I'm also game to switch to metric and end daylight savings, but I'm not holding my breath on either one.

• Haha 1

OK - It seems to be specific to the Windows app on my setup, so I'm guessing it's something built into that app. The web app is Sun-Sat when scheduling things, whether or not my VPN is connected. Well, that's disappointing. I prefer to use the app for toggling purposes, but I guess I'll have to wait for an update.

Just on a practical level, I have all of my calendars start on Sunday because it makes it easy to see what I have coming up on Monday.  Whenever I've changed a calendar to start on a Monday, I've regretted it when I wake up at 10 am (semi-retired, lucky me!) to find I was supposed to be somewhere at 9 am.  With calendars starting on Sunday, it's more likely I'll bump into a screen that shows that pesky early appointment -- even if I'm just looking at YouTube videos or working online crossword puzzles.

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

It would be helpful to find a way to do this. All my settings everywhere, as well as all physical calendars I have, start on Sunday. It's easy to click the wrong thing when Evernote is the only thing I have starting on Monday.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Clean Socks said:

It would be helpful to find a way to do this. All my settings everywhere, as well as all physical calendars I have, start on Sunday. It's easy to click the wrong thing when Evernote is the only thing I have starting on Monday.

OS and Evernote version numbers?  If you're a subscriber,  contact Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (mainly other users here...)

• 2 months later...

This worked for me

Change to Month view with a Monday start date 

1. Click Calendar.
  2. Click Home > Arrange > Month.
  3. Click the File tab.
  4. Click Options, and then click Calendar.
  5. Under Work time, for First day of week, select Monday.
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Whichway said:

This worked for me

On what version of Evernote?  That option does not exist.  Please don't post incorrect information.