Requesting refund for annual subscription

Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

Hi I thought I had cancelled my yearly autorenewal, but It went through anyway this year. So I cancelled it moving forward, but I want to receive a refund for this year and cancel outright. I cannot find any customer service emails or phone numbers on here, so asking on the forum? Please advise.

According to policy, since I had an annual subscription, I have 60 days from when I cancelled it (less than a week ago) to request a full refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Actually there is a lot of fine print in this help article, and there is more (a LOT more) behind the links in that article.

Since we are just other users, we may sympathize with your desire to get the money back - but to make it happen, you need to go through support anyhow.

The link was already posted above. To reach the right people, use the ticket type Payment&Billing. This is only possible for users paying directly to EN. If you used one of the stores (like the AppStore or PlayStore), you need to contact them instead.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2023 at 6:12 AM, DTLow said:

Where do you see that policy?   
I have this address for support https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

After I submit, I got "We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable due to the high volume of support requests. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding."

• 2 weeks later...

Have  you got back your refund money? Actually i am also in the same situation. My annual subscription money is deducted and within 3 hours I have submitted ticket to get refund and immediately cancel my subscription. Almost 1 day past, not yet received any response from them. 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Rajib said:

Almost 1 day past, not yet received any response from them.

Hi.  Who did you pay your subscription to?  Have you had an email quoting a ticket number?

23 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Who did you pay your subscription to?  Have you had an email quoting a ticket number?

I paid directly to Evernote using credit card. It was automatic payment. Yes i have the email quoting ticket number but i see no activity from Evernote team. I am worried about my refund.

14 hours ago, Rajib said:

Have  you got back your refund money? Actually i am also in the same situation. My annual subscription money is deducted and within 3 hours I have submitted ticket to get refund and immediately cancel my subscription. Almost 1 day past, not yet received any response from them. 

Hi yes I got it back April 17.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Rajib said:

I paid directly to Evernote using credit card. It was automatic payment. Yes i have the email quoting ticket number but i see no activity from Evernote team. I am worried about my refund.

And how long ago did you post your ticket ? Less than a day. Plus there is maybe a timezone shift. Plus they tell on the help pages they have a high volume of requests. Plus they probably need to check your account billing & payment data, at least if they want to give you an individual answer. Plus you asked when the payment probably was still with the payment provider, not even received at EN. I could go on …

I think from what you told yourself, your ticket is in a nice queue, trickling down to the moment in time when a real human being will open it and say, oh boy, here is somebody waiting for a refund.

This just leaves me scratch my head and asking myself: Why didn’t he cancel earlier ? You can cancel any time, and then you don’t need to wait for tickets to be proceeded and payments to be reversed. Legally, you subscribed for another year (month ?) by not taking action before your subscription became due.

But now, everybody needs to speed things up to avoid you to wait a little ? On a non critical  procedural issue like checking for a refund ?

Just asking …

• Like 1

Thank you all. Evernote support team is awesome. They have processed my refund. However it is not yet credited to my card but hopefully it will be credited within few days. But they have processed the refund. 

#Update on 23/06/23

Late update ! The amount has been credited to my account on 17th June. Thank again to Evernote team !

Edited by Rajib
To give amount credit update
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 5:33 PM, Srinivas Chintakindhi said:

I need to raise ticket for refund.could u please provide me email address ?

I also am trying to find out who to submit request for refund.  While the policy is clear it does not provide how or who to contact if you are applying for a refund

PS: I have posted an email to the sales team in hope of email account to send this request to!!!

On 4/16/2023 at 11:07 PM, Masha Oh said:

Hi I thought I had cancelled my yearly autorenewal, but It went through anyway this year. So I cancelled it moving forward, but I want to receive a refund for this year and cancel outright. I cannot find any customer service emails or phone numbers on here, so asking on the forum? Please advise.

According to policy, since I had an annual subscription, I have 60 days from when I cancelled it (less than a week ago) to request a full refund.

I have exactly the same problem. I've submitted two tickets and received no response. What is the next step?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/11/2023 at 1:55 PM, wilcolley said:

I have exactly the same problem. I've submitted two tickets and received no response. What is the next step?

Hi.  If you have still had no response please quote your ticket numbers here - we can flag them for Forum admins.

• 1 month later...

I have attempted to request a refund also. Each time I do, I have to log in again, and then again, and then again. Each time I get logged in, but then when I attempt to access the link above, it logs me out. after a few attempts, I get logged out. Any chance anyone has any advice?

• Evernote Expert

When you go to the support ticket system be sure to raise the ticket as Account or Billing

Also you should edit your post to remove your account details. These are public forums and bad actors are known to harvest details. This is possibly half way to cracking your account open 

• Like 1

In the past I have had trouble filing support requests through the website, getting automatically logged out similar to what I think Pastormike is describing.  (I have no idea why but I haven't found it worth the time to track down.)  Instead, I create a request with my mobile Android client.  I keep that request bare bones, and then elaborate by replying to the confirmation email with more information.  Hope this helps.

Vinnie

• Like 4
  • Level 5

Yes, the mobile client is a good option to contact support without touching the web access.

However, for me the web access works (and my home network and my browsers are quite heavily under armor to protect my privacy). If it fails, it may be worth to track the issue down.

If the device is mobile (like a notebook), it is the best strategy to take it to a place where a free WiFi can be accessed, like a coffee shop or a public library. If it works there, the problem is with the network used at home or at work. If the problem moves with the computer, the problem is on that computer.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, ar360 said:

I'm in a similar situation. Haven't heard back from support and account is in the red because of the new rates! # 3743099

Hi.  If you have a ticket number,  you have heard back from Support,  just not (presumably) from a human yet.  I'll flag the number to the admins here which may help.

I am also requesting a refund -- I paid for it less than an hour ago and regret it.  I submitted a ticket, but seems that this forum and submitting to an unknown queue is not promising.

Please issue my refund, attached is the receipt from my payment.

Thank you

evernote.jpg

• Level 5*
On 9/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, debrawint said:

I submitted a ticket, but seems that this forum and submitting to an unknown queue is not promising.

Hi.  The Forums are mainly user-supported, so we can't help much with passwords or payments and refunds apart from suggesting you contact Support. Both subscribers and non-subscribers can contact Support through https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true - use the issue type "Account" 

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, melissa carnevale said:

This is a nightmare. Charged full amount on my DEAD wife's account and there is no way to contact anyone at Evernote. This is awful service!!!

How do you submit a ticket for cancellation???

I'm truly sorry for your loss,  but the contact details for Support are already in this thread.  We're mainly users here - please contact Evernote direct to resolve this issue.

I also need a refund! I simply can't afford the huge price increase this year, even with that %40 discount. I didn't realize this forum post was available and just submitted a ticket. It's #3756420

It charged on Friday. I thought I had already downgraded it to a free plan but hadn't. Tonight, when I cancelled my subscription, it didn't give an option or any link to refund. Instead, it just said that I still have Personal until this time next year. Need a refund! Unemployed with huge medical debt. Desperately need the refund to be applied!

My payment method was through credit card. 

Would it be possible to flag my ticket for the admin? Thank you!!!

Thank you! Cindy

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

We are users here, and the admin level got thinned out.

Contact support, choose ticket type Payments and Billing. You can reopen any ticket again by gong to the help pages and log in using your account.

Good luck !

Hi! I just submitted the ticket last night. I totally understand that the admin team has been flooded with requests and that it will be awhile. As long as I end up getting the refund, it should be ok. 

Question - As long as my ticket is still open, is there anything I need to do? Other than provide additional information if they request it? Just asking to make sure I'm doing everything I need to do on my end.

Thanks! Cindy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 10/24/2023 at 4:29 PM, Aljadg said:

Hi,

I've submitted a ticket and received no response. What is the next step?

Id ticket #3771539

Hi.  The next step is to be a little more patient - Support are the only people who can process a refund.  They're very busy at present,  so if you have a ticket number,  you're in the queue - they will get to you...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, test549456 said:
hi,guys, I bought the annual evernote personel subscription today and paid the annual bill.  now i want a refund。

i can't open a ticket , so i come the forum,  hope anybody can help me to deal with it, thanks

Hi all my elderly father is in the same situation. His subscription ticked over yesterday and we tried to go through the channels to get a refund but were unable to get a support ticket and were redirected here. I filled out a contact us form to the sales team in an effort to get in contact with evernote,

• Level 5

It seems to be somehow a game to wait with cancelling a subscription until the very last day. Then it's crying foul and "I didn't want this" and "I request a refund". Refund what for ? For not canceling sooner ? For not reading your email that told 4 weeks in advance that the subscription is up for renewal ? For now occupying valuable support resources with "refund, refund" warcries ?

Anybody can cancel any time, and all what happens is that the subscription will silently run until the next due date, and then the account will reset to Free. No refund needed, no support hours wasted on this nuisance.

It could be so simple. When the due date is passed, a new contract has been closed between user and EN. Take it as a man (or woman) - cancel now, and let it expire the next time it is coming up. No need to reverse things, no need to occupy support with it.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

It seems to be somehow a game to wait with cancelling a subscription until the very last day. Then it's crying foul and "I didn't want this" and "I request a refund". Refund what for ? For not canceling sooner ? For not reading your email that told 4 weeks in advance that the subscription is up for renewal ? For now occupying valuable support resources with "refund, refund" warcries ?

Anybody can cancel any time, and all what happens is that the subscription will silently run until the next due date, and then the account will reset to Free. No refund needed, no support hours wasted on this nuisance.

It could be so simple. When the due date is passed, a new contract has been closed between user and EN. Take it as a man (or woman) - cancel now, and let it expire the next time it is coming up. No need to reverse things, no need to occupy support with it.

What a lousy attitude, my friend. I suggest you go look at the refund policy and then take a time out in the corner to think about your unfounded comment. They give you a fair amount of time after you get billed to request a refund, and that is a privilege given by the company towards its users. So if you're against company policies, then go be a prick on some other platforms' community board. If the users here are complaining within their refund window, then they can complain!

14 hours ago, shogun79 said:

What a lousy attitude, my friend. I suggest you go look at the refund policy and then take a time out in the corner to think about your unfounded comment. They give you a fair amount of time after you get billed to request a refund, and that is a privilege given by the company towards its users. So if you're against company policies, then go be a prick on some other platforms' community board. If the users here are complaining within their refund window, then they can complain!

Yeah, @PinkElephant can be quite exaggerated/strong/extreme in his wording. The lovely effect of this is that this black/white/direct style of communication is that it can help make things more clear, more concrete and more pure. This is a strength. I many times use his thoughts exactly like that, to dissect what I'm working on and finding my true underlying motivations, goals, desires.. 

The counterside of (t)his style can be not having people on board in your thoughts, or not appreciating your communication style or having a polarized discussion not helping the original problem/goal anymore.

PinkElephant doesn't seem to care if that happens. That's fine. Even very good, he'll probably not loose a minute sleep on that. I could learn something from that. I also respect that, a lot.

Many times his style is not my style, but I dearly appreciate the helping intent he always seems to have and the loads of effort he many times puts in helping people allong, and also the effort he puts in the clarifying effects his style many times has.

Finally an unrequested tip for you, and then I'll stop with my hobby-like-psychology approach: the second you start to act based on emotion, you loose the dialogue, the game and the goals that you want to reach. If someone like PinkElephant is not your consigliere, then most times it's wiser to ignore the stuff that person wrote and interact with other partners in crime to get the results you want.

Acting based on emotion, is always a sign of being out of control and will not help you case ever. [Note that I'm not labeling you in any way, I'm giving my general thoughts on all this.] 🙂😘🙏🤗 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I submitted my ticket: #3806116

I requested a refund and thought that I paid the monthly payment plan but ended up paying the yearly plan. Now my account is negative and I want my money back! To be honest, I don't feel like waiting for days to get my money back. Why do they take quicker to take money out of your account but take forever to give you your money back? And why do they only have live chat and email support but they don't have a phone number or anywhere where I can talk to a real human being? This is so frustrating!

UPDATE: So, they issued my refund an hour within this post. Has that happened to you guys before where they give you your refund this soon? I thought it would be a day or so until they give you your refund.

How long does it take to get a refund? I went through the steps and got a ticket number (#3809285); but I did NOT get an email saying my request was submitted, I just see it on the website. The communication or lack rof it has been pretty frustrating. I like their service and used it in school, but I graduated this past fall so I do not use it anymore. Other subscriptions I use I typically get a "we will charge you X amount by this date unless you cancel" to give me a heads up since its an annual subscription and you typically forget. With these guys, I just got a "hey we chargewd your account $140" and it was difficult to even sign in and get to the correct page to request a refund. Now that I am trying to cancel and did the proper steps to get a refund, I have heard nothing and its been 2 days. 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Laura.m.thompson44 said:

I have heard nothing and its been 2 days

Average response times were several days before the holidays.  Have a little patience and you should hear more...

• Evernote Expert
21 hours ago, Laura.m.thompson44 said:

How long does it take to get a refund? I went through the steps and got a ticket number (#3809285)

@gazumped says several days before the holidays. I'm estimating 21 days since the holidays but probably improving. :(

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, agsteele said:

probably improving.

A couple of recent refund requests seemed to be handled quite quickly,  so I thought that non-technical stuff might have been given  a new treatment - so "several days" to help set expectations,  but not be too optimistic... :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Contacting Support repeatedly about the same issue usually just slows things down.  I'll flag your tickets for a Forum Admin to pass on the message...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I am posting to this thread for a similar issue. I signed up for a Team account and have not used it or added to it. I want to cancel or reduce it to a Professional account. I have submitted two tickets and neither have been answered. The posts were 6 and 9 days ago, respectively. 

Thank you for your help

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, albertsbar.com said:

The posts were 6 and 9 days ago, respectively.

Typical waiting times were 10+ days.  Please wait a little longer - you'll get a response soon...