Jump to content
  • 18

*Everything* in v10 takes *more taps* to accomplish. Was this even considered?!


soundsgoodtome

Idea

14 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Agree. I cannot imagine that any UX tests has been conducted before. Like letting power users use the app and watching them and/or asking them to think aloud while performing basic (or even advanced) tasks.

Everything has become crazily inefficient. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
  • 0

Totally agree with op. I like the look of the new apps. Most of functionality that I use is present (I know that is not the case for everyone). BUT everything takes longer with more clicks. I am primarily using the iOS app on my iPad and iPhone and the amount of clicks and then getting moved back into all notes by some odd swipe is just crazy. It does not help that the iOS app currently is super slow, but adding clicks makes things much slower. 

Link to comment
  • 0

Just came here to commiserate since this site says I’m not allowed add anymore reactions today. 🤬 

I can’t even rollback on iOS. I’m a power user for almost 10 years and have put up with a flawed product...to an even more flawed remake. Deflating, to say the least. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0

I agree as well.  Moving between notebooks takes more taps.  If I want to see the notebook that I was viewing last, I have to do several taps to navigate back to it because All Notes is opened by default.

It really feels like every major version since 7.18 has been a downgrade in functionality.  I've been a power user for 10 years as well, and now I'm considering searching for a replacement for my external brain.  Very frustrated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, jilliant said:

Just came here to commiserate since this site says I’m not allowed add anymore reactions today. 🤬 

I can’t even rollback on iOS. I’m a power user for almost 10 years and have put up with a flawed product...to an even more flawed remake. Deflating, to say the least. 

Thank you, I brought this up in the beta program, and I think you are spot on, they don’t seem to care a jot about number of clicks, amount of pointless mouse movement up and down, left and right, all across the screen, for the simplest of tasks or efficiency of workflow. All very very frustrating. It’s like they can’t type so have ignored the keyboard entirely, it’s almost like the classic Evernote never existed. The new owners don’t seem to realise what a great classic, efficient, usable program they inherited looking at this sorry excuse for a so called Upgrade. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

I too am so frustrated.  I need easier access to tags and it needs to be placed more prominent.  I hate that they have tags at the bottom.  Two things I do with every note is to assign it to a notebook and give it a tag.  Why wouldn't they be next to each other like before?  Scanning needs to be fixed.  I need to be able to scan all sorts of items into my notes.  I do this so much, that if I cannot scan, I don't even know how I can continue to use Evernote.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
  • Level 5

Adding tags: Do we talk about the same thing ? You are posting in the EN for iOS forum segment.

My tagging is done here, right at the top:

4476E34E-2C75-4734-85DA-EA4B55F83C67.thumb.jpeg.774b30d07eca87fb3a3c7eef521a85bc.jpeg

Furthermore the iOS client now supports nested tags, IMHO a big plus of v10.

Scanning on iOS:

You can use the build in scanner that uses the iPhone camera, and you can do it everywhere in a note. Simply put the cursor where the scan shall be placed, hit the blue „+“ button, select „camera“ and do the scanning. It is not the best scanner for iOS, but it does the job.

Scanning is very handicapped on the desktop clients, where import folders have vanished, and each scan creates a new notebook. But there you still have the option to install the legacy client, have your Workflows supported and hope that EN v10 will improve before legacy is killed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

There are SO many mindboggling UI/UX issues I have with the remake that it almost doesn't matter whether I'm talking about iOS or desktop version as some functions got removed altogether. 

I'm sure the team has worked hard to change things but this feels like the right answer to the wrong question.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/6/2020 at 6:50 AM, Ron V said:

I agree as well.  Moving between notebooks takes more taps.  If I want to see the notebook that I was viewing last, I have to do several taps to navigate back to it because All Notes is opened by default.

It really feels like every major version since 7.18 has been a downgrade in functionality.  I've been a power user for 10 years as well, and now I'm considering searching for a replacement for my external brain.  Very frustrated.

The closest this comes to is possibly Notion, but even with it's impressive versatility (SQL! full customization!), it still comes up short on the doc management of webclippings if you do a lot of research docs. Which the OLD Evernote was capable of. Like sending emails directly into notes from other sources (I use EN to manage the numerous sites I subscribe to). However, Notion appears to be expanding their development quickly so it's definitely something to watch. Until then, I'll settle for the legacy Evernote that runs on one computer that I'll be sure to never upgrade.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/7/2020 at 2:55 AM, MrIllustrator said:

Thank you, I brought this up in the beta program, and I think you are spot on, they don’t seem to care a jot about number of clicks, amount of pointless mouse movement up and down, left and right, all across the screen, for the simplest of tasks or efficiency of workflow. All very very frustrating. It’s like they can’t type so have ignored the keyboard entirely, it’s almost like the classic Evernote never existed. The new owners don’t seem to realise what a great classic, efficient, usable program they inherited looking at this sorry excuse for a so called Upgrade. 

Well there's some hope yet, as Notion seems to be competing for Evernote users. They're also half the price of EN, though I wouldn't mind the EN price if only their product isn't losing functionality in the first place. Their current version is not up to par for my workflow yet but you might want to check them out in case it meets your needs.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

Wow, so I intuitively felt like the first user above in how this new release of Evernote worked, I just thought it was me. But over and over I felt like 2 things were new and worse than before:

1. It seemed to take more steps than before to do what I used to do. (Not to mention that the process changed as well so there was that learning curve). But there was also a second thing which was

2. It seems to me that I often have to tap something at least 3 times to get it activate. My hardware is the new iPad Pro (less than a year old and up-to-date) and iPhone 12 pro (also up to date). 

I actually got so frustrated that it was the second item that caused me to google and see if this was happening to anyone else. So I haven’t found anyone else with that issue yet as I stumbled upon this one here. (I’m new to forums)

Thank you Evernote team for wanting to improve your awesome product. I rely on it every day. 

I pray that you will find the way forward in a sea of frustrated users. I’m guessing that most users are delighted with your updates but I’m just not one of them at this time. 

May your find peace, hope, joy and goodwill this season even on your forums:-).

Darien

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...