Evernote for Mac v6.7 beta 1 Released

Nick L.

Idea

Hey Folks, 

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here are the release notes for Evernote 6.7 Beta 1

Fixed:

• Fixed an issue that was preventing users from being able to accurately crop high DPI images.
  • Addressed a couple issues to enhance the accuracy of business card scans via ScanSnap scanners.
  • Ongoing improvements to stability and sync performance.

19 replies to this idea

Installed fine and works, so far.

I use EN on Win and Mac. Is there a plan to have color and styles for tags and notebooks on Mac, like in Windows?

Thank you, EvB.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, csihilling said:

Funny thing is that there are use case questions in the Windows and Mac forums that are independent of the device

Common use cases, yes, but often different implementations.  It is dangerous to assume that a feature in EN Win even exists in EN Mac, much less works the same way.  Especially with the most recent updates in both platforms.

Following a forum is one thing.  Trying to guess and give advice about a product you don't have, and don't use, is very risky.

• Level 5*

Funny thing is that there are use case questions in the Windows and Mac forums that are independent of the device.  These are the most interesting and instructive and the main reason I follow the Mac forums, truth be told.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, csihilling said:

Only purpose to post anything in these forums is to help

Or to ask for help.

But how can you help here when you don't read the prior posts, you don't use a Mac, and you don't use EN Mac?

This is a Mac forum.  I would think you Windows guys wouldn't be caught dead here.  :D

• Level 5*

Existential question.  Only purpose to post anything in these forums is to help, albeit sometimes misguided I suppose.  I am not a perfect creature.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, csihilling said:

@csihilling, are you so bored that you don't have anything better to do than follow me around, posting erroneous replies to my posts?

You have cross-posted twice the same thing, both of which are wrong.

8 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:
18 hours ago, csihilling said:

I was cycling through my unread in the forums and the below was next in line to yours.

That's nice, but it refers to Ver 6.7.  I was referring to Ver 6.7.1.

Reading is such a challenge these days.  ;)

@csihilling, since you're not a Mac user, what is your purpose of posting here?

• Level 5*
On 5/25/2016 at 0:39 PM, nicolml said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here are the release notes for Evernote 6.7 Beta 1

Are you going to post a new topic for the release of Ver 6.7.1?

It has been released, but I don't see an announcement.

7 hours ago, micah72 said:

Hello again, 

I was told to repost my comments in this forum so I am doing so. The fix by kyle below worked perfectly.  Just a quick note however, I did need to install the version with the link (below), which replaced the version I downloaded from the Mac App store. Thank you all so much :). 

Best Regards, 

Glad to hear it B)

As for the inability to download the beta builds from the Mac App Store version of Evernote, I'm afraid that's on Apple, not Evernote - Evernote is not permitted to do that.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, JayF said:

The hyphen-in-tags bug still exists in this version of the mac client.  This bug comes and goes through the various releases,

Confirmed - I replicated the error
I'd recommend opending a support ticket in addition to your posting.  Thats what I'm doing

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you give a specific example
I use hyphens in my tag names,  I was experiencing this problem, but it cleared up for me.

If it try to add a tag to a note:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 10.36.52 AM.png

As I type "St,' this is what appears, but as soon as a type the hyphen, the tag is incorrectly autocompleted with the first choice in the list, and the hyphen that I typed is appended to the completed tag:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 10.41.57 AM.png

to which I reply:  ARGH.  

There is a workaround.  If i remember to type "." after the "St" instead of a hyphen, and then backspace and type the hyphen, the autosuggest feature works correctly!

This can be a bit frustrating because users shouldn't have to memorize such workarounds to make the computer application happy.  ;-)

- jay

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, JayF said:

The hyphen-in-tags bug still exists in this version of the mac client.  

Can you give a specific example
I use hyphens in my tag names,  I was experiencing this problem, but it cleared up for me.

The hyphen-in-tags bug still exists in this version of the mac client.  This bug comes and goes through the various releases, and has been blamed on the mac OS in the past. The current beta version incorrectly autocompletes (instead of auto-suggests) tags that contain a hyphen, defaulting to the first alphabetical option. This bug occurs in at least two areas: the note's tag field and the dialog that allows the user to add tags to multiple selected notes.  The  auto-suggestion feature in the search boxes (far-right and the central tag-specific one) seems to work correctly. 

For those of use that use hyphens as separators in our tag names, this bug erodes the overall air of reliability of the mac client. 

jay

Hello again, 

I was told to repost my comments in this forum so I am doing so. The fix by kyle below worked perfectly.  Just a quick note however, I did need to install the version with the link (below), which replaced the version I downloaded from the Mac App store. Thank you all so much :). 

Best Regards, 

20 hours ago, micah72 said:

Hi Nicolml, 

I was part of the Beta program for mac and now I am part of the Evernote Labs program. By chance, can you tell me how I can download this version and install it on my computer. Currently I have the non Beta version installed because I had issues with my computer and I had to delete everything. Thank you so much for your time. 

Best Regards, 

Micah

1. Using the Direct version of Evernote, go into the Preferences panel and click on "Software Update".
  2. Check the "Update to beta versions when available" box.
  3. Click the "Check For Updates Now" button at the top.

The direct version of Evernote can be downloaded from here: https://evernote.com/download/?offer=www_menu

Screenshot 2016-05-31 12.08.46.png

kyle (macfixer) demilo
i fix stuff :-)
http://MadeOn.LI

@macfixer

BSR

• BSR
  • Evernote Employee
  • Employee.png.4786ce587aaf5bc2bc8cd765e43
  • 112 posts

Hi Y'all,

Please direct your questions and any comments related to the 6.7.1 beta to the official thread below:

Thanks!

On 5/25/2016 at 1:39 PM, nicolml said:

Hey Folks, 

Fixed:

• Fixed an issue that was preventing users from being able to accurately crop high DPI images.
  • Addressed a couple issues to enhance the accuracy of business card scans via ScanSnap scanners.
  • Ongoing improvements to stability and sync performance.

Build 6.7 beta 1 is looking good so far. It has crashed on me only once. Just one request, please ask someone in the Evernote team to update us on the status of penultimate. The penultimate and Evernote combo, at least for me, has been the life saver as far as my handwritten notes are concerned. It is this combo that has stopped me from jumping to other note-taking apps. At least let us know of what is going on with the development of Penultimate guys...

Looks solid to me.  I haven't noticed any issues.  In 6.6 I had issues with screenshots.  Sometimes they would turn into the blue question mark after I pasted them in but I would just paste them again and it would work.  I haven't seen that yet in 6.7.  

Any big changes to the note editor yet?

Archived