• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Chaosspeeder

Journaling app "YourDay" with full Evernote integration

Idea

Hi,

I am currently developing an Journaling app with full Evernote Integration. This app took a lot of inspiration from vJournal and DayOne. Think of DayOne (or sort of) just build for Evernote. The App will be hopefully launching in May/June 2016. It would be very nice, if someone here could test the app or  give me a real feedback. Even negative feedback is very appreciated. 

Features:

• 100% native iOS Application for iPhone, iPod, iPad and iPad Pro
  • Very easy way to capturing from notes, pictures. Similar to social media tools like Twitter. Very much inspirited from vJournal.
  • All journal Entries are combined to a day. No cluttered notes. The entries in a day are always sorted by time so you can later add note entries for past days
  • Beautiful animated calendar
  • Very easy access to all your recent photos. Used photos are check marked for convenience.
  • Full native Apple Watch Integration. I love taking notes for journal on the go.
  • Full offline support.
  • Support for Google Places
  • Fully editable Journal Pages
  • Crop your photos before you attach them 

Links:

All 3 devices.jpg

• Like 2

44 replies to this idea

Don't worry. Development on my app is continuing but I needed to pause it last year on personal reasons. I use my development build personally on a daily base and I'm very satisfied with it now. I hope to release a test version in June 2017 and I will post it here for participating. 

Thank you,Andre. 

• Like 1

Add me to the list of interested users in iOS.  There are so few options in this arena that you will fare very well. 

+1 for Android.  I am currently looking to start journaling.  I wish to do most of my journaling with good old pen and paper, but want to be able to readily digitize it into some form of journaling application, or just into Evernote.  So far evernote, via the document camera, seems to be the best option for combining the pen and paper world with the digital world of journaling.  Would love to see more options out there. 

For me, Evernote is almost ideal. I wrote the app mainly with the purpose, to create a beautiful journal page per day and to lower the barrier to enter journals as low as possible. 

• Like 1

This seems interesting, because I was looking into using Evernote as a journal/diary between me and another person.

I'm not exactly sure how your app would work with Evernote in practice, but would it still allow me to share a notebook with another person?
So, meaning that I would open the journal up to another person so we could both leave notes in it.
Or is it just closed off to just the user/creator?

Hi,

to be honest, there is no test version yet. I wanted to check out people with interest for testing.  I hope, I could make a test version in April. I would be very proud, if I you would participate in testing at this time. 

Thank you,

P.S: As a german person I first struggled a bit with your avatar name. Last year I played the game "Hearts of Iron III" and this vehicle was somewhat important there. :)

Hi MichaelAH,

Your described scenario should be very possible, but I haven't tested it so far. The idea of the app is,that you can make very easy a journal entry, like a tweet in Twitter or a messenger app. You enter or dictate your text and send it to your journal. Boom. 

The entry consists of text, time, the location and a picture. the YourDay App searches the note with the date in the notebook for the year. The entry will be appended or inserted at the right time in the day. 

Furthermore all journal notes will be  synchronized with your app so you can browse your journal even if you are offline. You can even edit your journal in the aftermath. 

In Evernote your journal is build as a notebook stack for YourDay and a notebook for every year. 

You can use all Evernote functions and you can edit and extend your journal as well. Changes will be synchronized and even conflicts will be merged. 

I am writing this on my phone so there may be a lot of errors in the text. 

Greetings André. 

On 09/03/2016 at 11:51 AM, Chaosspeeder said:

Hi,

to be honest, there is no test version yet. I wanted to check out people with interest for testing.  I hope, I could make a test version in April. I would be very proud, if I you would participate in testing at this time. 

Thank you,

P.S: As a german person I first struggled a bit with your avatar name. Last year I played the game "Hearts of Iron III" and this vehicle was somewhat important there. :)

I was a die hard fan of World of Tanks, but i don't have the luxury of fast internet in my new place to play that game anymore :(:) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thewiccaman said:

Would certainly go for this. Wish you well on its development. Happy to offer to beta test it.

Thank you very much. I work on the app as a side project and I currently working to create a beta version. As soon, as the beta is available, I will publish all needed information here. Thank you and Happy Easter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panzerkampfwagen said:

I was a die hard fan of World of Tanks, but i don't have the luxury of fast internet in my new place to play that game anymore :(:) 

I'm sorry for you. Really, Fast internet is even in Germany a rather rare option.

Hi ..was looking for such an app from a few months now. I was using DayOne for some time now, but with the discontinuation of their iCloud support, I'd much prefer Evernote integration with my iPhone and Mac, rather than invest in a new Diary app.

Thanks for this and I'd love to participate in the test mode.

Thanks!

This sounds very interesting! How is it coming along? I looked at the site and this app looks nice. Also followed you on twitter and instagram. 

When are you expecting to launch?

@LJRAIN

Good luck with the development, I think it's a great idea and would be happy to beta test for you. If it works as described I'd happily pay. 

I am currently a DayOne user, and have always wanted Evernote to bring out a diary app. 

Thanks.

Hello,

je viens de découvrir votre post ici, et je suis tout de suite aller lire votre site internet.

J'adore cette idée, je pense qu'elle peut répondre très bien à ce que je recherche.

j'ai chercher l'application "yourday" sur apple store (sur votre site il est indiqué que c'est disponible maintenant, mais le bouton ne fonctionne pas)

je ne la trouve pas.

j'espère que vous pouvez avancer comme vous le souhaitez.

Cdlt

Solila