Is it just me or the new web-client sucks

I've tried the new web client and I have to say it sucks. I don't see anything closely resembling a "feature". I turned back to old version and everything is good. 

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade ? 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, evernoteccd said:

So is the new web client an upgrade or a downgrade

It's a beta version, not meant for release to the masses.

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Aside for being able to configure tables in the new version it's a pretty useless upgrade. 

Waste of time. As a premium user for many years it's safe to say that Evernote is well behind the curve. I've regularly looking at alternatives. 

There is a beta version available for testers.
It's not a complete version - some of the features are outstanding.

If you're not interested in testing this version, downgrade to the previous version

• Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
36 minutes ago, delawaredave said:

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

The most recent web client version is fairly recent, hence the "New".  We consider it an incomplete beta version.

I downgraded to the previous version; it's less horrible. 

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, delawaredave said:

So there's "beta", "current version" and "classic version".  I've been on classic last couple years, occasionally go to "current" (which I called new) - and get frustrated by the step backward.

So "beta" and "current" are both step backwards to "classic" from what I've seen. Thanks.

Current works well for me the few times I need it a month.  Traditional started failing and Beta is incomplete.  My view anyways....

Thanks for the feedback here. The newest version of ENWEB is still in the works and we will be introducing feature parity with the older version soon. In the meantime, what are the features that make you switch back to the current version? I'd love to read more about this. 

Thanks,

Latest web version is painfully slow.  I don't understand why search is in different spot vs Windows program.  

The overall design has too much "open space" - which EN seems to think is "clean" - I think it is useless and wasteful.

You've "dumbed it down" to "Google Keep level" - you are going the "wrong way" to differentiate your product.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:10 AM, delawaredave said:

"New" web client is horrible. Been that way for years, right ?  

I just tried it again and it painfully slow.  How can a company go backwards for so long and so consistently ?

So in agreement. Really, really slow. Shocking. 

• 9 months later...

I Use Evernote web version 5.28.0 and I'm impressed about the speed to load and edit the notes compare to Apple notes. Of course it's not the same as the app on my Mac but it works very well for situations I'm on a pc without app. The view is clear without any obstacles.

• Level 5

The new web client has a bunch of new, attractive functions. It is the declared testing ground for the new, unified functions currently under development.

However, it is a testing ground which means there may be problems. Some have no problems, others many. In case, the best way to solve them is to set it back to the classic editor, option is in the settings.

• 1 month later...

Where are all the fonts in the Beta version? I switched back as I use Trebuchet Ms and it's gone. I hope the font list in the new version will eventually be expanded, and not more limited than the current version. 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Halsen said:

Where are all the fonts in the Beta version? I switched back as I use Trebuchet Ms and it's gone. I hope the font list in the new version will eventually be expanded, and not more limited than the current version. 

The new model for Evernote editor uses a simplified font selection, sort of like you see in this forum, GMail, etc.  I think it will honor fonts that aren't in the list on display, but you can't pick these fonts from the list. ALso, I think tat you'll find that the font sizes don't match either; that may be a points vs pixels thingy.

• 1 year later...

I don't know who is running this company. They keep adding "features" but fail to address everyday problems.

As of yesterday, the app will simply not open on my Samsung Note 10. Checked on the web and I am not alone in this problem.
The other thing they might do is to allow for proper encryption of entire, sensitive, files.

Am looking into using OneNote instead.

Jimmy

Yes, it has occurred to me to uninstall and reinstall. I have, in the past, done this numerous times due to other glitches.

The problem is that when I try to download the notes to my device it takes forever. I found that simply clicking on download all, it stalls, to I have to download 2 or 3 at a time.
Is it really fair that one has to spend so much time fixing issues with an app?

Jimmy

• Level 5

No, it sucks. Maybe even more extreme on iOS, because the OS force closes any app after a short time of being in the background.

What I do to get around it:

Set the automatic lockscreen to never

Make EN the active app, start the download (since EN iOS 10.6 „All Notebooks“ works).

Put the device to the charger, put screen brightness to lowest, let it run.

Usually I do this over the night, when I don’t need the I-device anyhow. After the initial download is through, updating the offline content happens during normal use.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5
14 minutes ago, jonexx said:

No, you aren't. And yes, it does.

So ... you're responding to a 3.5 year old thread about the Web client, whose most recent activity was 2 years ago with some complaints regarding the mobile clients. Any specific information would be helpful for the conversation. Unless it's just general beefing, then OK.

Em 02/10/2023 at 17:45, Dave-in-Decatur disse:

So ... you're responding to a 3.5 year old thread about the Web client, whose most recent activity was 2 years ago with some complaints regarding the mobile clients. Any specific information would be helpful for the conversation. Unless it's just general beefing, then OK.

@Dave-in-Decatur, gee... you really try hard, don't you?

At least here I can post, then:

- There are some features we lost, like reminders, nested tags, tag search by any part of the name (you will have to remember exactly the beginning of the tag name), speed and others you'll discover.

- Another one we lost: you can't quickly filter by notebook name, using a combo selection after you search a note, as you could do in the "old" (but functional) version.

- We have to do more clicks to change the notebook of a note than in the "old" version.

... since 3.5 years ago!

• Level 5

Maybe you should try harder (at least to learn the new clients) ? All pictures from the web client:

Reminders:

image.png.158467fcc3d80e93965f36992050ff39.png

Nested Tags:

image.png.c1c9117102a3e327f377ae7db0065625.png

Finding tags by any part of the tag (not only the beginning):

image.png.3992778d5a2f11f64a1213358608b1e1.png

I skip the rest, I think it is enough proof that you need to go back to learn what works in the new clients.

• Like 1
11 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

Maybe you should try harder (at least to learn the new clients) ? All pictures from the web client:

Reminders:

image.thumb.png.d85b50d49eae8a6b90bc2232e6707ba7.png

Nested Tags:

image.png.c1c9117102a3e327f377ae7db0065625.png

Finding tags by any part of the tag (not only the beginning):

image.png.3992778d5a2f11f64a1213358608b1e1.png

I skip the rest, I think it is enough proof that you need to go back to learn your ways.

Not for me:

• Without Notes / Notizen or Reminders / Erinnerungen:

image.thumb.png.5a44571989fb36434d987e0a692fad40.png

• Tags and more tags without being nested (despite they are in the old web client):

image.png.3510d1d9fc1c136397458901f45a57e3.png

• Unfotunatelly, I have to type all the tag name (the middle doesn't show anything - see the bottom of the picture):

image.png.b6a31ee78a83eec9a4b74fb07b00439a.png

Glad you are listening now!

• Level 5

I assume you either use the old web client, or have the v10+ web client disabled.

Account settings, Page 1: Evernote Web - use the new client

Page 2: Web client - set the checkbox for the v10+ client

The functions are only available you if you have the advanced functions switched on in settings.