Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
hanseric

How do you get rid of Shared notes (shared with me by someone else)?

I have a few notes that are in my Shared With Me section in the left nav of my EN.  Two of them are from a previous job. I'd like to get rid of them.

How do I do that? I can't seem to find any menu selection that let's me get rid of these notes.

Hi.  Have you tried the simple stuff like signing out of Evernote and back in?  If that fails,  go to the Shared With Me listing and right-click,  delete.

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Have you tried the simple stuff like signing out of Evernote and back in?

Did that...didn't work

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

If that fails,  go to the Shared With Me listing and right-click,  delete

When I right-click the notebook "workchat notes" in the "Shared with Me" folder from left panel - nothing, no menu appears, so no option to delete the 'notebook'

When I right click the visible note from the middle Note-list panel...there is a menu on right-click BUT not option to 'delete'

The only options to delete are, and with the note selected...  1) the delete icon in the tool-bar top-right... and 2)  From the main Menu > Edit > delete.  But again nothing! Failed to delete!?

and again did the sign-out sign-in thing...  whats the issue you think?  Also does the left-panel shared with me disappear if there's nothing in it? cheers

The answer from EverNote Support is YOU CAN'T DELETE THEM

You have to ask the person who shared the note with you, to revoke access...and I quote EN:

" you don't have an access to delete the notes that is shared with you by others.  The only option is to contact the person who owns that note and ask them to remove your access to the note "

See attached screen-shot of the EN-Support email-reply to my support ticket for their full answer.  Also attached is the image referred to...or link here

ScreenCap_01 Jan. 10, 2019.jpg

1.PNG

EDIT:  I just did a little more research on EN Help & learning pages re Work Chat Shared Notes and found some info that IMHO seems to contradict what they're saying so I have just replied to above ticket with a further question see attached. Will update once i get a response.

ScreenCap_03 Jan. 10, 2019.jpg

EN acknowledged that the article might be a little misleading and so will look at revising it. 

They re-iterated that the person who shared it is the only one who can revoke access and thereby remove a shared note from the shared with me section. 

I think it would be nice if we the recipients had the ability to delete these notes the same way "WhatsApp" (messaging app) allows me to 'delete for me' messages received from others.

Copy of EN reply attached below...

ScreenCap_01 Jan. 11, 2019.jpg