Jump to content
  • 0
Chantal Leonard

Evernote for iOS 8.2.1 Released

Idea

Hi all,

This morning we released version 8.2.1 of iOS to the App Store. You can download it here. This version includes -

Improved 8.2.1:

  • A change which will make app resume faster for some users.

Fixed for 8.2.1:

  • Fixed an issue where some table columns appear compressed. 
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where some notes are blank on initial load.  

A note on the issue where some notes were showing incorrect spacing in our last release (8.2) - if you edited any of those notes, the incorrect formatting/layout might have been saved to the database, and you will have to recover with note history.

Thanks, 

Chantal and the rest of the iOS team!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

59 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Fixed for 8.2.1:

  • Fixed an issue where some table columns appear compressed. 

I still have a problem with table column width.  These templates are supposed to be full width and look fine on my Mac

    IMG_1647.PNG.e2dd70cf9fb63488e0ce885da1ae80d9.PNG    IMG_1646.PNG.26d07d9a2766f4ef970b2e5e3eec0771.PNG  Template.enex

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yup, tables still broke.  The first table is fixed width with column %'s.  The post IOS is obviously larger, has more padding, has minimum width columns, and perhaps other unwanted adjustments not visible to the naked eye.  Looks pretty much like 8.2 all things considered.  Using the same template I sent you guys to validate the issue.

ScreenClip1.png.1284e480d3d4fdff197e9ecae8b9c33f.png

ScreenClip.thumb.png.6338b9d84f08e68c9c16de52a2de431e.png

EDIT:  added the template

Table Template - 500px.enex

Edited by csihilling
Added template

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I still have a problem with table column width.  These templates are supposed to be full width and look fine on my Mac

    IMG_1647.PNG.e2dd70cf9fb63488e0ce885da1ae80d9.PNG    IMG_1646.PNG.26d07d9a2766f4ef970b2e5e3eec0771.PNG  Template.enex

Thanks for providing the ENEX. I'm looking at it....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
iOS ver 8.2.1 seems performance improved.  My issue (complaint/suggestion) has to do with the note text size (and colour) selection.  
  • I think the default text size should be medium (why small?)
  • I edit (add text or past a link) to existing notes often and if I want to use other than the default text size I seem to have to reset the size and colour each time I do that.
  • Ideally, each note should retained its own text size and colour based on the last entered line of text, even better would be to also allow a default selection setting on each device (for me, small is better on the iPhone, medium on the iPad)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Updated my phone no problem, iPad keeps downloading, then gives an error with a choice of "done" or "retry". Will try again later.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I set a password for Evernote app.

But when I start Evernote app, it shows notes once and then blocked.

I think if someone set a password, the password window should come first.

I want you guys to fix this problem.

I sent report several times, but it is not solved yet.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I unchecked to show notes on a widget.

But on the widget, there is a message that I can see the notes which I recently read.

I think if I unchecked to show notes on a widget, it should be removed this message too.

And I hope there an option to switch the simple view and more view.

I only want to see buttons, not notes or that message.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

58ec6668d3fe2_-1.thumb.png.bddd31db3feb3b8a5dc5efef920fa610.pngOn support menu, send the support request, there is gray border which covers the screen.

I think it should be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

IMG_4180.thumb.PNG.361368d43e0b29ba1ecae643755d4c87.PNG

On iPad, the system line and Evernote design mixed.

It doesn't look good.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Some notes cannot display the preview of their picture.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, prjna said:

Some notes cannot display the preview of their picture.

Also here. It's time to say good bye evernote? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, prjna said:

Some notes cannot display the preview of their picture.

 

5 minutes ago, enki said:

Also here.

Can you post a copy of sample notes? Seems to work ok on my iPad, although I don't usually display images in the list

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

 

Can you post a copy of the notes?  By preview, I'm guessing you're using snippet view and wish to see a thumbnail image

No, i'm sorry....sometime i see the preview and sometime no. Evernote is for sunday notes not for hard/professional use. It is become a *****. Hope they will fail soon for al the project i losed for EN pice of *****.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Does this version fix the problem with the iOS client overwriting the content of notes with the content from other notes? If not, is there a timeframe for implementing this fix? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

8.2.1 did not fix the table reformatting issues when notes containing tables are opened on iOS devices.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Boeshans said:

8.2.1 did not fix the table reformatting issues when notes containing tables are opened on iOS devices.

Thanks for mentioning this, we have heard this from a few others. Can you provide an example ENEX file?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Boeshans said:

8.2.1 did not fix the table reformatting issues when notes containing tables are opened on iOS devices.

I agree, same here. It seams that nothing change. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I went to a note on my iPad which contained a screen capture, just a .PNG in the note.  

  1. The image was not visible and the apparent random text below had been added to the front of the note.  
  2. I went to my PC and the note still had the image with the random text above the image.  
  3. Note history shows 1) when I created the note, 2) the version just created when I came back to the PC to view the note, and the now current version (I deleted the random text from the note).
    • Image1.png.0f373db965a16a983beffd8956207414.png
  4. I went to my iPhone and the note is now blank.  There is a very. very brief glimpse of the image, but then blank.
  5. Back to the PC and the note is still okay.

Don't know if this is related to the table format issues, but it's one thing to change the format of a note, something entirely different to ADD content to a note.  EN, need anything reply here or PM me.  Thanks.

IMG_0321.thumb.PNG.6a55e8dc9e75dc6c730dbc5af4e81ce0.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I open a ticket five days ago. Nobody answer me. This is EN support. Maybe next month, after a new release they will tell me to reinstall EN app on my devices. 

Csihilling - change the app, trust me... EN is on their dead line. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
19 hours ago, enki said:

I agree, same here. It seams that nothing change. 

Can you provide an ENEX file here or in a support ticket to demonstrate the problem? I have an idea of what the underlying cause is here, and I will look into it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

No, I can't. My notes are sensitive data. I've opened a ticket last month, but it will answer me maybe next month after the next update :) They will tell me to reinstall EN on all my devices. I will tell them that I just do it last week (20Gb to download becouse I need all my notes for offline use)  

I start to hate EN after 7 years of premium, but also I start the migrate to ios notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, enki said:

No, I can't. My notes are sensitive data. I've opened a ticket last month, but it will answer me maybe next month after the next update :) They will tell me to reinstall EN on all my devices. I will tell them that I just do it last week (20Gb to download becouse I need all my notes for offline use)  

I start to hate EN after 7 years of premium, but also I start the migrate to ios notes. 

I see, thank you for letting me know. I am the engineering manager for the team that builds the note editor, and the table rendering is something I can directly investigate for you. I can personally fix the bug or work with my team to fix the bug when we uncover the root cause. I do have an idea of what may be causing it, and I am working to get a fix out to you as soon as possible. Any ENEX files you could provide would of course be helpful, but no need to send sensitive data. If you could reproduce the issue with a sample note, that would also be helpful.

I can also share some additional details on this issue that may be helpful. Some, but not all, of the "compressed tables" issues from the last release, 8.2, were fixed by this 8.2.1 release. However, there is more than one underlying cause of the "compressed tables" issue. The varying underlying causes of this problem are resulting in the same symptom -- namely "compressed tables" -- so it is difficult to distinguish them from one another. The issue that was fixed as a change in the stylesheet for the note editor that was intended to help make the tables horizontally scrollable in 8.2. That change was not necessary to make the tables horizontally scrollable, and was reverted for 8.2.1. Additionally, I believe the remaining problem is an issue where tables marked as '100%' width in the ENML document are being converted to '100px' width due to a bug introduced in the note editor. We do already have a fix for this remaining issue internally, and can be more confident in the fix with more real-world ENEX files. I am not certain when the fix will ship in the iOS app, but I can assure you we are working to get it fixed.

If, after the fix is shipped, you still experience "compressed tables", it may be due to the fact that the '100px' width on your tables was saved back to the database. In that case, you can use the note history feature to recover an earlier version of your note (when the table was marked as '100%' width), and it should be back to normal.

Please reach out directly to me if you need further clarification. We will get it fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
53 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

That change was not necessary to make the tables horizontally scrollable, and was reverted for 8.2.1. Additionally, I believe the remaining problem is an issue where tables marked as '100%' width in the ENML document are being converted to '100px' width due to a bug introduced in the note editor.

Tables were horizontally scroll-able before version 8.  I know because I specifically edited my tables so they were fixed width and thereby fixed width in columns via percentages.  I also removed some of the extra spacing in default EN tables.  It made for a better, more consistent viewing experience.  

Version 8 modifies the code removing the settings I put in the notes, per some of the comments above.  Sorry, but this is a bit frustrating, especially coupled with the new bug I stumbled on this morning with a note containing only a PNG, also above.  

  1. Do you need anything beyond the ENEX I included in the table post above?  
  2. Also, is it fruitless to edit the ENML in notes if IOS is going to change it just by viewing the note?  One would hope for a similar viewing experience across platforms.  Just saying....

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, enki said:

I open a ticket five days ago. Nobody answer me. This is EN support. Maybe next month, after a new release they will tell me to reinstall EN app on my devices. 

Csihilling - change the app, trust me... EN is on their dead line. 

I don't know that they are on their dead line, whatever that might be.  I do think they will get this fixed and I hope they examine their processes and quality control while taking a broader view of the user experience cross platform.  Version 8 is far from their finest hour, change is hard, but I don't think it has to be this hard.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Version 8 is far from their finest hour, change is hard, but I don't think it has to be this hard.  :(

You are right, but meantime I paid good money, not fake money, so I pretend that the app works smoothly and support answer me quickly. I'm waiting since January to fix the bugs, but now they introduce new bugs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, enki said:

You are right, but meantime I paid good money, not fake money, so I pretend that the app works smoothly and support answer me quickly. I'm waiting since January to fix the bugs, but now they introduce new bugs. 

Yeah, you have to make your own decision if it is time to move on or wait and see when it gets fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Johnathan Hebertany chance someone can answer my question as well (posted above regarding whether Evernote has resolved the issue with the iOS client overwriting notes with content from other notes)? It's not practical of me to check thousands of notes to see if it's happened again, so I've been limiting my use of Evernote until I have some indication this is fixed. It would be nice if someone from Evernote could comment, as this isn't addressed in the list of things Evernote says were improved/fixed in 8.2.1. I submitted a support ticket when the problem first cropped up and was told it was a known bug in the iOS client, and that I should anticipate a fix to be issued in an upcoming release. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, csihilling said:

Tables were horizontally scroll-able before version 8.  I know because I specifically edited my tables so they were fixed width and thereby fixed width in columns via percentages.  I also removed some of the extra spacing in default EN tables.  It made for a better, more consistent viewing experience.  

Version 8 modifies the code removing the settings I put in the notes, per some of the comments above.  Sorry, but this is a bit frustrating, especially coupled with the new bug I stumbled on this morning with a note containing only a PNG, also above.  

  1. Do you need anything beyond the ENEX I included in the table post above?  
  2. Also, is it fruitless to edit the ENML in notes if IOS is going to change it just by viewing the note?  One would hope for a similar viewing experience across platforms.  Just saying....

Thanks.

Quote

I specifically edited my tables so they were fixed width and thereby fixed width in columns via percentages

How did you accomplish this? Did you export the ENEX file, modify the XML, then re-import it?

Quote

I also removed some of the extra spacing in default EN tables

How did you accomplish this?

Quote

Version 8 modifies the code removing the settings I put in the notes

Can you be a bit more specific about where these settings were modified?

Quote

Do you need anything beyond the ENEX I included in the table post above?  

No, I am looking at that template, and will let you know.

Quote

Also, is it fruitless to edit the ENML in notes if IOS is going to change it just by viewing the note?

This implies that you are manually editing the ENML in the notes -- is that correct? If so, then it is possible that some modifications to the ENML could be adjusted by the note editor when the note is loaded. The note editor will attempt to render the note in a way that preserves the look and feel of the note while adjusting the underlying ENML to make the editing more deterministic. If you, for example, manually changed the table ENML to have an explicit fixed width, then that could have made the table scrollable before version 8, but the note editor itself was not making those changes.

Quote

One would hope for a similar viewing experience across platforms.  Just saying....

This is absolutely the goal, accounting for different viewport sizes, resolutions, orientations, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

How did you accomplish this? Did you export the ENEX file, modify the XML, then re-import it?

On line using ENML.  Paste the note link, make adjustments to the note, save the note, sync it back to the desktop.

13 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

How did you accomplish this?

Changed padding from 10px to 4px.

30 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

Can you be a bit more specific about where these settings were modified?

I opted to use a generic EN table created in a new note as opposed to one of my templates.  I added text to two of the columns on my PC and then added text to the third column on my iPhone.  On the left is the ENML of the note before it is modified on the iPhone, to the right is after.  (same differences if you compare the HTML after exporting and view source in Chrome). The note is full note panel width before and maybe 25% after.  I highlighted some things that appeared after the edit on the iPhone.  Also, if I were to have changed the padding before the IOS edit I'm reasonably sure IOS EN would have changed it back.  Something you guys can replicate assuming you have a PC and an iPhone somewhere nearby.  

ScreenClip.thumb.png.8e5d9822183567a1770f14930acd2ee6.png

42 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

This implies that you are manually editing the ENML in the notes -- is that correct? If so, then it is possible that some modifications to the ENML could be adjusted by the note editor when the note is loaded. The note editor will attempt to render the note in a way that preserves the look and feel of the note while adjusting the underlying ENML to make the editing more deterministic. If you, for example, manually changed the table ENML to have an explicit fixed width, then that could have made the table scrollable before version 8, but the note editor itself was not making those changes.

I am manually editing the ENML, using the tool above.  I made the changes pre 8 so that I had a scrollable note because the note editor for tables did not scroll nor read well and to recover some of the wasted space due to the padding setting.  Now with 8 the note does not scroll nor read well.  That and the look and feel on the PC is destroyed by whatever the IOS note editor does.

53 minutes ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

This is absolutely the goal, accounting for different viewport sizes, resolutions, orientations, etc.

Well, below are the before and after views on the PC when a note is modified in IOS, no intervention on my part.  Assuming not what you are trying to accomplish?  

I may be a fringe case for you guys since I like fixed width tables/columns and scrolling off the edge of the IOS screen is just fine by me.  But it seems reasonable to me that I not lose my formatting from device to device, or EN formatting for that matter based upon the below.  I didn't appear to lose formatting prior to V8.  PM or whatever if you need anything more.

ScreenClip1.thumb.png.57f21bfd80dc0e6aa5f8409d90e2db04.png

ScreenClip.thumb.png.9545643bff896d695ceee6be5b302b22.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi, @Johnathan Hebert

Thank you for listening to our frustrations.

I see you need more .ENEX files to check the root cause. I suppose I can try and help you at least with one more example. 

Here are 2 screenshots: one with 3 images in a 2x2 table (where you can see a compressed right column), and another with 2 images (table became smaller for some reason). They are both from the same .enex file.

example.enex

IMG_2292.png

IMG_2293.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

How long does it take for a change made in a note to save? I've had Evernote for a long time, and it wasn't until I did an update a few months back that notes take many seconds to save a change. I used to be able to open a note, adjust a number, then close it and it's still there. Now I open my notes and sometimes there's half a sentence there, or a number was deleted but it didn't save what I then wrote it. I have to keep Evernote open for a while before I'm comfortable closing it after an edit because who knows if it will have saved my change. This issue persists with the new update. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12:30   Udinese - Atalanta

-

   
  15:00   Chievo - Palermo-      
  15:00   Empoli - Bologna-      
  15:00   Genoa - Inter-      
  15:00   Lazio - Sampdoria      
  15:00   Pescara - Crotone      
  15:00   Sassuolo - Fiorentina      
  20:45   AC Milan - AS Roma

-

Edited by postolov_dragan@yahoo.com
tips-HT/FT

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm obviously not going to receive an answer to my question here, even though what I'm asking about is a known bug. Do any users know of another way I can get this simple question answered, short of submitting a trouble ticket (which seems like a ridiculous length to have to go to for what should be a simple answer)?

To those of you from Evernote monitoring this forum, I would suggest relaying to whomever it is at your company is deciding what gets communicated here that it would be to Evernote's benefit to provide more clarity about what bugs are fixed, and what progress is being made toward those that have yet to be for three reasons. First, Evernote's rating is down to 2 out of 5 stars in the iOS app store; I would be inclined to increase my rating (currently at 1 star) if I had confidence that the bugs that have most affected me were fixed or were going to be soon. Second, in today's age of social media user opinions can spread, and in all good conscience I cannot today say a lot good about Evernote. And finally, I'm very close to canceling my subscription to Evernote and switching to another product. I doubt I'm alone.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
49 minutes ago, Bill Myers said:

Thanks for posting the article link.  One point I disagree with is "Some companies deliberately make exporting your data difficult because they want you to stick around....Evernote is a good example"

Before I committed my data with Evernote, I made sure it was easy to export my data.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, DTLow said:

Thanks for posting the article link.  One point I disagree with is "Some companies deliberately make exporting your data difficult because they want you to stick around....Evernote is a good example"

Before I committed my data with Evernote, I made sure it was easy to export my data.

 

In retrospect I wish I hadn't posted it. It was an act of frustration, motivated by a desire to "stick it to Evernote" in return for what I perceive to be a serious degradation in quality and a lack of responsiveness to customer concerns. While I still believe my frustrations are valid, lashing out in anger is not a productive or useful response. Nor is beating up on individual Evernote employees, like the one who started this thread or the engineer who has been addressing the issue with tables, both of whom I believe are hard-working people with good intentions. I think it's more reasonable to simply find another product that will better meet my needs and move on without spending time kicking over the chairs on my way out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Ok so now it doesn'Int work. All I want to to is speak and have what I say written down on my phone in the evernote app and then sync it to my  iMac.  Now it does not do that.  

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-05-13 at 5:08 PM, wildmother said:

Ok so now it doesn'Int work. All I want to to is speak and have what I say written down on my phone in the evernote app and then sync it to my  iMac.  Now it does not do that.  

You keep posting the same question in random discussions. Not cool

I answered your post at

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Regarding the problem with the iOS client overwriting notes with the content of other notes (a problem which Evernote support has told me predates v8.2), here is what I was told by Evernote support verbatim: "8.2.1 should help, but it's not fully resolved yet. We are still investigating the issue. We're confident to have a solution in our next update, but in the meantime you can use Note History to recover any affected notes." I'm offering this not to further stir up trouble but as information for other users. I don't know how prevalent this bug is; so far I've had two notes that I know of corrupted by this issue and I hope there aren't more. 

I would suggest to other users to bear in mind that there is a possibility this issue could affect you as well, and if possible take steps to print or otherwise have notes available in another format if you know you're going to need them while away from a desktop or laptop. It's a highly imperfect solution but until such time as the bugs in the iOS app are fixed it's the only suggestion I have. 

And yes, despite my noise about moving away from Evernote I'm still using it because I have no idea when I'll have the time to do an effective migration. I do hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'd really love to keep using this solution if I could.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/4/2017 at 9:41 AM, csihilling said:

On line using ENML.  Paste the note link, make adjustments to the note, save the note, sync it back to the desktop.

Dang. Sounded like a cool tool, but I see it's now been "shut down." Really hope that wasn't due to EN action, but... Can't help but wonder. <_<

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.06.00 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, PaperQueen said:

Dang. Sounded like a cool tool, but I see it's now been "shut down." Really hope that wasn't due to EN action, but... Can't help but wonder. <_<

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.06.00 AM.png

It was a cool tool for sure, but it's shutdown had nothing to do with EN.

You can do similar things using some form of HTML editor (paying attention to the differences in EN's deployment) but you have to export/import to accomplish. Which might be a little safer re having a backup, but not nearly as easy.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi, I'm pleased to see a continuous update of EN for iPad and iPhone.

Great also to see an improvement in performance. For me with 10000+ notes this is vital and change of EN app last year (was it to iOS ver 8 ?) seemed to make a big big dip in performance - that was enough to prompt me into exploring OneNote, Notes and Together

Today performance seems a lot better, still room for improvement. I have two comments:

a. Especially on iPad app - there is a lot of space on left of main screen for useful buttons that are not there. My personal irritation is a lack of search with tags. Having re-structured some 18 months ago or so my notes into a small number of notebooks and lots of tags it would be nice to have a tag menu. I cannot see that option now (no visible tag list in search). Yes, I know about "tag:" search syntax but that also needs me to remember all tags. And, tag menu should really be displayed with my hierarchy that I have setup in tags and not just a flat list. Of course, a programming challenge but that would help paying customers. Would be super to add more of the old functions back in that space.

b. I have continual problems between iMac, iPhone and iPad of duplicate Notes. Seems to me the sync function is no longer as robust and reliable as it used to be. Cannot exactly define the problem but I frequently get notes being duplicated when they are first uploaded to EN. 

I was prompted to make these comments by an email from EN asking for my feedback on the online web service - the online EN is fine - I just rarely use it. Probably spend 80% of my time on the iMac and iPad apps and the rest on the iPhone 

Anyway, keep on improving it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-05-20 at 3:50 AM, dalw said:

My personal irritation is a lack of search with tags.

Version 8  has an improved UI for tag searches.  See this post for more details

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thank you - I did not know about this - that is a cool feature.

Just tried it. 

Works partially, here is this users experience on iPhone.

1. Tap EN (in my iPhone dock !).

2. Click on "all notes" - the "all notes button" blinks and goes slightly grey. Nothing happens for 1-2 seconds.

3. Then I get list of recent and my full Notebook structure. (Why so much white space here - such a pain to have to scroll all the time). 

4. Scroll down (lagging response on scroll).

5. Click on stack needed. Scroll down (again - why is this not dynamic when I have selected it to move up).

6. Find the notebook I need in the stack and select it. Slight delay and then the Notebook is there ("Search in notebook" is nice feature that I might use sometime)

7. Tap on the Tag icon

8. Tap again on the Tag icon as it did not respond first time or maybe my fingers are too big !

9. Scroll down again (why is there so much white space). This is an iPhone with retina screen, surely the tag list can be compressed so scrolling is reduced

10. Find the right Tag and select it (would be nice feature to have a "Tag and go" button next to the existing one)

11. Press "Done" and scroll down to the note I want

12.Tap (twice) again responsiveness seems odd on the note

13. Edit the title of the note - serious lack of response, wanted to edit the note title and delete one word and add another - when deleting the response seems around 1/2 second or so - so slow that you're not sure it has deleted the character

14. Press on "Notebook stack name" at top of screen to get back to all notes (here it would be good to have a home button on the EN "dock" where the green Add icon is)

Seems to me a little convoluted.

What would be nice is when on the home screen I hit "Search" icon there should be a new menu that allows selection of Notebooks and Tags.

For my personal taste there is far too much white space. I know on the notebook viewing you can change this - I have to the minimum white space possible and it is still probably some 50% of the screen is empty. Would be great to have a "really minimal white space option" that would display more without scrolling all the time

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Like dalw, I am finding that the sync has taken a step back in v8.x. Mobile sync reliability had long been an issue with Evernote (at least for me) until v7 had been around a while. I had finally gotten to the point where I could stop checking to see if the number of notes on the mobile matched my other devices. Given how buggy v8.x has been I started checking again and am finding the iOS client frequently is out of sync with my other devices, which are in sync with the web client. At least once a day I need to either force quit the iOS app or go into "Account" and tap the "Sync Now" button with two fingers to do a maintenance sync (or whatever it's called).

I would also like to echo dalw's feedback about how cumbersome tag searches are in v8.x. I'd love to see a tag button added to the bottom that would take users to a list of tags that could be searched without having to select a particular notebook.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Bill Myers said:

I'd love to see a tag button added to the bottom that would take users to a list of tags that could be searched without having to select a particular notebook.

Would that be like the tag filter under "All Notes"?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Would that be like the tag filter under All Notes?

Yes. Except with what I'm suggesting, one wouldn't have to remember to select "All Notes" and then tap the tag icon at the top. I suggest a tag button at the bottom that takes one to a list of tags. Given that I have some notes that share a common tag but are in separate notebooks, making tags easier to access and search makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
35 minutes ago, Bill Myers said:

Yes. Except with what I'm suggesting, one wouldn't have to remember to select "All Notes" and then tap the tag icon at the top. I suggest a tag button at the bottom that takes one to a list of tags. Given that I have some notes that share a common tag but are in separate notebooks, making tags easier to access and search makes sense to me.

Just so you understand all the search features are there; you just have to know where to look for them

My preference would also be a single search button/icon instead of multiple (All Notes, Each Notebook).  The search should include  Tags, Notebooks and search phrase

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thank you for the tips - I did not know where all these search tips were hidden. Why not simply make them easy to find with an extra search button. The striving for minimal design in EN loses a lot of ease of use in my perspective

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Bill Myers said:

what I'm suggesting

 

23 minutes ago, dalw said:

Why not simply make 

Good suggestions, but you're posting in a v8.2.1 release discussion
It would be more effective to post a new discussion as a feature request

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi @Johnathan Hebert,

Thanks for your time and attention to the community here!

I've notice a HUGE drop in performance on version 8. I'm on iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.1 (latest) and running EN 8.2.1. I'm talking about, for example, opening a note, tapping in the title field, hitting backspace to erase the current title, and having to wait a literal 4 to 6 seconds for the text field to react. It's not specifically backspace or delete, I've seen it with typing in the body field for instance.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how to improve performance? I loved the lightweight feel of the previous version. 8 just feels too... heavy.

Again, thanks for your time.

Josh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

If anyone else uses paragraph spacing in their notes, and has their line spacing broken as of April 10th, please post in this thread so they can escalate the issue. For the past 45 days, Evernote does not have consistent line spacing across all devices:

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 minutes ago, Chad CEO said:

If anyone else uses paragraph spacing in their notes, and has their line spacing broken as of April 10th, please post in this thread so they can escalate the issue. For the past 45 days, Evernote does not have consistent line spacing across all devices:

 

We are aware of the issue. As I have mentioned in the other post, this fix will be included in both the 8.2.2 GA release on iOS, and the 6.11.1 release on Mac.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I'm having a hell of a time with tables.

I created this in Evernote for Mac

592737cd75f77_2017-05-25-template.png.36c0d5212d25e327512f17f20b8c6bbf.png

But on Evernote on iOS 8.2.1, it looks like this.

IMG_1308.thumb.PNG.b7f0edfae3bbef77ee31cb07c199b841.PNG

Can someone please show me how to rectify this so that the table is at 100% width across the screen on iOS?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, Zach M. said:

Can someone please show me how to rectify this so that the table is at 100% width across the screen on iOS?

This is a known problem and we've been told the issue will be fixed with future releases (imminent)

My solution is to revert to earlier versions

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
18 hours ago, Zach M. said:

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I'm having a hell of a time with tables.

I created this in Evernote for Mac

592737cd75f77_2017-05-25-template.png.36c0d5212d25e327512f17f20b8c6bbf.png

But on Evernote on iOS 8.2.1, it looks like this.

IMG_1308.thumb.PNG.b7f0edfae3bbef77ee31cb07c199b841.PNG

Can someone please show me how to rectify this so that the table is at 100% width across the screen on iOS?  Thanks!

This should be fixed in the 8.2.2 Beta 2, which is available. If you have a sample ENEX file, I can verify that it is fixed for you, or fix any remaining issues that are causing it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, @pwutt said:

How Do I print from my iPhonein Evernote?

It's an iOS function.  Click on the share icon, then the print iconIMG_1728.thumb.PNG.1d24949a95dae09d72434166f946dbb8.PNG
This assumes you have a printer connected to your network (wifi)

 

btw   Its not cool to tack your post onto an ongoing discussion.  Also, you should post in the help forum (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/216-ios-help/)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The ink note created on windows platform cannot be viewed on iphone. It just show nothing but the small blank box on iphone.

ink_note.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...