Penultimate 6.0.2 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Penultimate 6.0.2 to the App Store just a short time ago.

Release notes:
  • Landscape support: create notes in landscape orientation and rotate all pages (portrait to landscape and vice versa)
  • Move and insert pages within thumbnail tray
  • Multi-page manipulation: create, clear, and delete multiple notes at once
  • More responsive strokes and smoother ink
  • Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes

Notable bug fixes:
  • Highlighter no longer spreading when selecting
  • Paste menu no longer popping up unexpectedly while writing
  • Ink no longer being rendered too thin in zoom mode and too thick when it synced to Evernote
  • Ability to paste images into notes
  • Top crashes were addressed

Let us know what you think.

You can download the Penultimate app from the App Store.

More to come. Stay tuned.

Cheers!

41 replies to this idea

New approach, new suggestion...

BUY GOODNOTES - absorb them...

I've used penultimate for a while - and recently (unfortunately) switched from onenote (I've always had a tablet) to PU full time (about 6-8wks ago)...

This weekend your updates finally forced me to abandon PU and go searching for alternatives - I bought the top 3 note taking apps...

I have both Jot Script and touch...

YOU ARE LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM GOODNOTES - and I had no idea how good an app it is...

Therefore, as a still loyal EN fan (Shard 2), I'd suggest you just figure out a way to buy them.

The taste your updates and subsequent lack of communication or solution - have left with the loyal users and the horrible reviews of itunes should place a value in scrapping PU and simply gobbling up Goodnotes...

Fingers crossed...

how do I synch jot script... pen tool not showing on toolb

They claim it works, but the reality of the "updates" are a 'rough' usability of either BT enabled Adonit stylus - I'd guess this is caused by the earth-moving multifinger gestures - but what do I know...  Most of us have only a single finger gesture for the update...

If you want some admirable frustrations...  From the 'start' screen - upper left hand corner is a silhouette of a person - click on that...  Next - click on settings, then second option down...

HAVE A RAG HANDY - as once you begin to use and note the stuff they your palm causes - and the delay and offset of the actual inking - you will utilize some FINE verbiage for which is usually accompanied by spit - and the rag is to wipe the screen off...  Nothing like a $75-$100 paperweight!!!  

Don't worry - its only been a MONTH since they royally screwed this up - I'm sure 2015 or 16 will bring sweeping changes...

I cannot tell you how timely your update is.  I was on the verge of finding another program and dumping Ever note/Penultimate all together.  I have seen an immediate improvement in the use of my jot script utensil.  However, the device continues to not write when the palm touches the screen.  Holding the stylus like a crayon and writing in a perpendicular fashion works much better, but as soon as my palm touches the screen, the pen no longer writes on the screen.  Any suggestions or is dumping the programs still my best bet?

Thanks for not giving up on us. Try changing the wrist position from the stylus icon in the tool bar to see if another position works better for you.

We're actively working with Adonit to improve the Jot Script responsiveness and palm rejection in our next release.

any chance to give some information on WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON for the coming releases.

I fortunately own a Pencil from 53 which does work like a charm, as my JotScript is unusable mainly due to the offset.

And what are your ideas about Drift vs. Zoom box?

Drift was not only touted to be a unique feature, indeed it was one.

Any chance to see anything like it integrated back into PenUltimate?

Or will you give us a solution like some of your competitors have where for example in the zoom box, when hitting the edge, will jump rightaway to the beginning of the next line.

Have a lovely Xmas

I just started using Penultimate prior to the latest upgrade. I liked the way it was just like a composition book with pages you turned (much better than the new scrolling pages). Most important to me was that I could turn off syncing with Evernote and just post a page at a time when I was ready. Either that went away (please put it back) or I just can't find it (tell me where to find it). I also preferred the old zoom to the new box format and that you could change paper by the page, not just by the notebook. Even though I am a new user, I am always disappointed in upgrades the just eliminate features instead of adding new features with old options. If I could go back a version I would.

Sorry, folks. GoodNotes has replaced you. Here are the specific reasons:

-It actually works better with the Jot Script Evernote edition than your app. Question: why was it called the Evernote edition if Evernote doesn't even have handwriting????

-You don't have to use the zoom box if you don't want to. Why your team--and several other handwriting apps are in love with that thing, I'll never understand. It's dumb.

-Page turning works. Know why infinite paper is bad? Because you can only look at one screen of anything at a time. That's the increment of organization. Asking why you need pages is a good question for creative purposes and experimentation, but there's a reason civilization stopped writing on scrolls a thousand years ago.

-I found embedding images and highlighting to be more intuitive than it ever was with Penultimate.

Just thought I'd summarize my move as feedback. I'm sure it sounds like other stuff you've seen, but that's my final $0.02. Penultimate has been deleted. Evernote isn't far behind, probably.

I'm still trying to use your terrible update.  

Here's a list of issues I am still facing, if you aren't going to rollback to the last stable release (5.3.1) then please fix these issues:

1) App crashes REGULARLY causing loss of pages worth of notes (this is a show stopper for using the app at all).  Perhaps try and sync a delta ever new line or at least every page

2) Zoom mode is still terrible - auto play starts scrolling before you even write which has the not so nice effect of causing a mild panic while you desperately trying and remember what you were writing (yes it stops after a short scroll but the initial scroll is immensely distracting, please remove it)

3) The zoom box fails to function near the end of page.  You get a black box and need to scroll of the page join (almost a pixel hunt) to get the pom box to function

4) The overall feel of writing is much more difficult, I am not sure why this is.  Were there "shake" correction algorithms in 5.3.1 that were abandoned in the rewrite - overall the writing experience is much worse.

Here's a couple of suggestions that I feel would improve the app

1) Make the infinite page scroll or traditional page flip a configurable setting (you don't seem to handle the page join well anyway - so why have an infinite scroll if it doesn't actually work??  Fixing the glaring bugs above and returning the option of notebook feel would placate a lot of folks)

2) Make the zoom mode configurable for those who liked the way it worked in 5.3.1

3) Implement pen types

One thing that works well now I've played with it is the notebooks and notes nesting - that is actually better so kudos for that.

Overall, you really need to listen to and actively interact with your user community a whole lot more.  You really have gone to the trenches over the whole 6.0 release.  I don't know what your development processes are but seriously look at implementing changes because this whole debacle has got to be hurting.

I'm off to use Notes Plus again until you release 6.0.3 and I can trust that your app won't crash causing lost notes.

Hi,

Still buggy issues.

- using with jot Script is poor..contrast writing with note shelf. Much smoother in that app.

- I then tried to use my non powered stylus, jot flip and the app often does not register the stylus on the page.

- at times the undo does not work..ie a stroke cannot be erased without closing and reopening note and then it has just disappeared..which makes me nervous that some of my notes will disappear without me wanting

This is an improvement but still harder to use now than in version 5 so not quite back to using it regulU..pls keep working on issues

Based on the EN lack of ANY response the the complaints recently, I turned off auto renewal of EN Premium in iTunes.  My Premium subscription has now expired.  Thank you for ruining a good product and failing to listen to your customers.  Best of luck in the future...you'll obviously need it.

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

You can create a new note from any number of pages in an existing note by:

1. Opening the page tray
  2. Tap Edit
  3. Select the page(s) you want to create a new note from
  4. Tap "New note from selection"

I´m not interested in creating new notes, i need to move pages from one notebook to other one already created. Because thanks to the the first PU 6 update, must of my notes are completely useless and I prefer to create new notebooks to avoid the fatal modifications you make to MY NOTES with this awful upgrade.

Now i have 2 notebooks from December that i need to join together. I need to move these pages. no other options.

We will be adding the ability to move a note to a different notebook in a future release, but you can accomplish this within the Evernote app or web or desktop clients in the meantime.

Future release...... when? when? when? WE REALLY NEED IT

i need TO MOVE some pages from one notebook to other, that´s all.

I'm really struggling with this, even since the update...

1) My jot script stylus / pen has now got a delay between writing and the lines appearing on screen. This is about 1.5seconds, so is completely unusable. It's the same on both my iPad mini retina, and my iPad retina (full size)

2) I keep getting large black sections filling in the writing area when I do try to write. Trying to clear these often triggers a 'scroll to top of notebook' meaning I have to then scroll down some 50+ pages to get to where I'm currently working.

The responsiveness is solely in Penultimate as Ive tried Notes+ and this is as snappy as the old Penultimate.

What's the story guys? I'm an Evernote Premium subscriber, I use Skitch and Penultimate everyday (or did) but Ive had to change my workflow to work around the fact that you have broken a key app for me...

Please can we have the notebook layout & functionality back. I'll even pay money for it to return sooner.

You have royally screwed up one of the best apps on iOS and seemingly on these forums its all gone quiet since you realise your cobbled together 'fix' that's not fixed anything apart from titles to notebooks (who thought the removal of those was a good thing?)

PLEASE. FIX THIS. SOON.

In all my years using computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones I can honestly say this is the worst product I have ever used.

A complete waste of money and leaves me stunned at how Evernote could ever have got themselves involved with this dud.

I recognize we are just a bunch of complainers. 35 replies in a topic about an app that is not the main product of the company may be irrelevant in an ocean of bugs and issues to solve in Evernote. But even so, amazes me the lack of response to us, paying customers, who used to rely on the app as a tool for work. Evernote is a great app, but you guys are making seriously bad moves with penultimate. It's a shame.

• Level 5

Chuck,

The best news is your responsiveness.  Got this lurker to sign-in. 

How about a button to turn on/off writing?  This would allow scrolling without leaving a mark?

David

Hi David,

We've actually fixed the scrolling issue in the upcoming release, so no need for a new button.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

As others have noted, it is an improvement but still not usable. I use the Jot Script and there is too much lag and skipping. Penultimate remains in my unused app folder and GoodNotes is on my home screen. There remains a dramatic difference in how the Jot Script works on the two apps. I will try again when Evernote releases another update with Jot Script improvements, but for now it is not usable for normal work.

Hi,

We've been working very closely with Adonit to improve Jot Script writing in Penultimate, specifically addressing stylus responsiveness, dropped strokes, palm rejection, and offset improvements. This collaboration resulted in Adonit releasing a new SDK that is included in the next Penultimate release (currently "Waiting for Review" by Apple).

I hope you do give it a try when it's available.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

Ok,

So you are listening, great!

Some of the issues are now resolved and this definately is Progress!

There is still one very big and obvious issue, the infinite scroll:

It isn't natural when you have a pen in your hand. It's that simple.

Try holding a pen and scrolling with 2 fingers, I get it wrong 2 out of three times, then have to erase the mistake...etc.

Time consuming and not practical. Try a button or two with next and previous page. That would take care of so much frustration...

Question:

I haven't found a way to make one single page into landscape format is this possible?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We don't currently have a way to rotate a single page, but we're working on that for a future release.

Cheers

I would love to try the new version or even go back to the old one. But ever since Christmas when I tried to bring up a new iPad mini I have been unable to download penultimate. Each time I try, I get the same error message telling me that I must have iOS 8.0 or later to install. I am currently at 8.1.3 so I am at a loss for what "or later" means. No problems with Evernote, just penultimate. I can't be the only one experiencing this problem with the latest version right.

Thanks

Nick

Hey, Nick. I'm not aware of anyone else having installation issues. The latest version should be compatible with any iPad running iOS 8.0 or later, and the store should offer to install the latest compatible version for devices running earlier versions of iOS.

Are you trying to install from the App Store or from a backup? Can you think of anything unusual about your device or iTunes account?

....I am extremely disappointed and irritated. 

Since your scr**up after PU5 its bin 5 (five) "FIVE!!!" releases so far and you STILL havent brought the user experience back to acceptable.

WTF????

Isnt it time that the leading executive responsible for the topic gets fired or something..?

All that has to be said about the improvements has been said.

All problems have been listed

...and you still cant bring the app back to do what it was supposed to from day 1: substitute the paper experience.

as another collaborator of this forum mentioned: THIS IS THE CORE FUNCTION/COMPETENCE ...all the rest is just relevant AFTER this is installed.

I managed to get back at to the PU5 after alot of hassle. 

Everyday I open this forum and hope that something new (EFFECTIVELY) happens.

I read the forum and cry.

I try the app on my other devices (i just rolled it back on my main device) and cry.

....and no, I have not found any other app that was so good as the PU5 so far (have tryed all of the many suggestions I´ve read hier)

Please...get your ***** back together!...and FAST.

PS: sorry for being maybe not so much ...friendly. You weren't as well, when you defecated the PU-change/updates on your loyal paying customers.

OK, I'm biased (and pissed), as I have both the Jot Script and the Jot Touch with PixelPoint...

PenUltimate's CORE COMPETENCY was the ability to take notes...  

In the hassles of the 5 to 6 upgrades, I purchased several other products for comparison on the iPad…

Some ‘Notes’ for you (no pun)…

PenUltimate (I'll shorten it to PU for now on)...  PU5 worked - and pretty well - your integration of a Bluetooth enabled stylus wasn't great - but the APP worked and I moved off paper.  When I didn't have one of the BT styluses around, I used an old school one and it worked well enough.  Yes, there were several 'things' we all wanted, but in the end, we were off paper and this all integrated to EN nicely.

Today with PU6, neither the Jot script nor touch work very well - compared to any of the adobe apps or even GoodNotes...  Part of this problem is the cutting edge gestures – you might consider allowing us to turn off all forms of touch so the pens actually work – because (NEWSFLASH) the ability to write FAR OUTWEIGHS the ability to scroll…

Today, with PU6 the scrolling feature is HORRIBLE.  Adobe forces shortcuts and gestures - and they are HATED for it - and they are about a zillion times larger than you - so what makes you think you're smarter and can do it better than them?.  Photoshop IS the standard and there isn't anything even remotely close to it...  They CAN dictate (and the fact there are about 5000 tools - the shortcuts become useful after years of grueling practice).  You, on the other hand, have some stiff competition in both the EN realm and the PU realm - so dictating gestures - well OneNote who has many more subscribers and significantly more influence (parent) chooses NOT to dictate...  Point is - you need some form of 'manual' page transition - not simply an eleven finger multi-gesturing plan... 

These are MY notes - give me back control.  If I want to cut and paste - let me.

All the other 'stuff" (used stuff as the word CR_P gets **** out) is meaningless if you lose the CORE COMP ENCY...

You may think in time and in hindsight the PU6 upgrade will be viewed as revolutionary - but it’s your customers that are becoming causalities that are paying the price...  

I'd greatly appreciate an app that lets me write notes with a Bluetooth Stylus (that works), browse(flip) through pages, cut and paste, and sync to EN...

I know you think PU6 does, but in my world it doesn’t… 

Scroll through the iTunes store ratings – you happen to notice anything…

OH, and for the record – don’t tweet a response BEFORE you send an email message to your loyal subscribers – it reflects poorly upon you – suggests what the market and the public think outweighs those of us PAYING for you to have the ability to be where you are…

• Level 5

Quick note: when switching from landscape to portrait, the handwriting is offset by about a 1/4 inch. Switching back to landscape the handwriting is spot on. I am using the Jot Touch.

Hi - do you mean that you are rotating the device or rotating the paper? If your device orientation lock is turned on and your rotate your device, you could see that type of offset very easily. If your writing tools are still at the top of the page, there shouldn't be that much offset.

I cannot tell you how timely your update is.  I was on the verge of finding another program and dumping Ever note/Penultimate all together.  I have seen an immediate improvement in the use of my jot script utensil.  However, the device continues to not write when the palm touches the screen.  Holding the stylus like a crayon and writing in a perpendicular fashion works much better, but as soon as my palm touches the screen, the pen no longer writes on the screen.  Any suggestions or is dumping the programs still my best bet?

I just checked again to make sure what I was doing before replying to you, and this weird behavior has corrected itself.

I was turning my device and the tools were at the top.

So, right now I am noticing this update is very good.

Thank you for the update.  I know your team probably worked very hard on fixing up the bugs and optimizing the writing.  On that front the update is great.  I can actually write a note without wanting to throw my iPad against a wall.  Most basic functionality seems to be there, so that is good.

A few issues persist however.

1. Image resizing is super jank.  the pinch gesture doesn't get recognized half the time and then there is crazy lag while the image is reprocessed. (retina iPad mini)

2. rotating paper is laggy as well.

3. two finger scroll is better but still misses the gesture most of the time.

A few complaints that will probably go into the "sucks to be you" pile of things that will not be changed:

1. infinite paper is still inferior to page flipping.

2. zoom box still is a step backward in functionality.

3. clearing a page takes 6 taps to complete when it should take at most 3 (tap the eraser button twice then confirm)

4. still cannot change paper styles on a per page basis (whole note only)

Firstly Thankyou for this revision - a nice little christmas present  :)

I have challenged you to change and roll back and until really functional and will continue to do so.

THAT being said, the hard yards you've put into this revision has partly paid off for me

I can now write and strokes appear where pen is - so I can use without swapping away to another app Yahoooo

Only used the V6.02 a little at this stage and is heaps better - will know more when use it a lot.

;) I really need page turning to be put in - I have no beef if the page turn functionality is vertical or horizontal as before. Scrolling does not work in a lot of conditions i.e. when fingers are not perfectly dry and always leaves marks

To move between pages even those together, I am required to go to the side bar for the thumbnails and select - then no scroll marks that need cleaning. At least give me page turn as an OPTION Pleeeaassee

:( Please put the clock at top - always visible as an option - I need this when in sessions or meetings just so I can  :D

That ability to record conversations would be great though I have already created a workaround

Overall Congratulations I can see Penultimate coming back to being really functional for us and a better fit within evernote for you - I will remain with you guys as I can now use this wonderful app

And look forward to the implementation of the other lost feature :)  :) Great work Keep communicating we like you

Create a great Christmas and New Year to you and all the team

Hello Everyone:

Sorry for my English, i´m not from an english spoken country

GOOD:

Hability to rotate pages

Hability to select pages inside one notebook

Some bugs are repaired

Really BAD: (still missing from Penultimate 5)

Isn´t possible to move pages from one to other notebook (Really important for me)

Isn´t possible to make a copy of one full page 

Easy delete of one full page

Setup to configure to see watch or not

BAD: missing from Penultimate 6.01:

Insert pages in the botton or in the top of one specific page

1 month loyalty waiting.... and we get this....  Without words

best regards

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Device: iPad 3

Stylus: Jot Pro

This version makes me can't write on Penultimate anymore, here are my concerns:

1. Lag. Yes, a lot. Happens while opening notebook, deleting notebook, etc.

2. I write with my palm on the iPad—this version leave "accidental" strokes that uneraseable. (If I close and re-open the note, the stroke dissapears).

3. Point number 2 is very annoying.

4. Two finger scrolling sucks. Sometimes when I try to write, the app accidentaly register my palm as "two finger scrolling"; other than that, most of The times when i tried to write, it accidentally open the zoom box.

5. Writing delay approx 0.5 second after input.

6. While the toolbar opens, writing delay time increases to 1.5 second.

p.s. my sister iPad 3 still on OS 7, and she can't install previous version of Penultimate.

I've wrote this on Penultimate 6.0.1 and it still happens now.

Good morning. I was really happy to see this update. I used it this morning to take some notes and try it. The writing seems smoother and more responsive with my Bamboo stylus. The two finger scrolling seemed better. I had a nice diagram in process, then the app crashed and I lost it all. That really hurt. I had to quickly redo my notes and diagrams on real paper before the information was lost for good.

I am using an iPad 2 running iOS 8.1.2.

Regards,

Mike

Ok,

So you are listening, great!

Some of the issues are now resolved and this definately is Progress!

There is still one very big and obvious issue, the infinite scroll:

It isn't natural when you have a pen in your hand. It's that simple.

Try holding a pen and scrolling with 2 fingers, I get it wrong 2 out of three times, then have to erase the mistake...etc.

Time consuming and not practical. Try a button or two with next and previous page. That would take care of so much frustration...

Question:

I haven't found a way to make one single page into landscape format is this possible?

Loved Penultimate.such a unique useful product. Each of your updates reinforces how much you really don't understand or don't care about how you messed it up. I've switched to Notability which you seem to be creating an inferior version of. Why would I want to use this bad version? Just to backup to Evernote I guess? I wish you the best and hope this is at least achieving your goals since it has ruined the work styles of so many of your users.

• Level 5

Thanks for not giving up on us. Try changing the wrist position from the stylus icon in the tool bar to see if another position works better for you.

We're actively working with Adonit to improve the Jot Script responsiveness and palm rejection in our next release.

• Level 5

Thank you for the update.  I know your team probably worked very hard on fixing up the bugs and optimizing the writing.  On that front the update is great.  I can actually write a note without wanting to throw my iPad against a wall.  Most basic functionality seems to be there, so that is good.

A few issues persist however.

1. Image resizing is super jank.  the pinch gesture doesn't get recognized half the time and then there is crazy lag while the image is reprocessed. (retina iPad mini)

2. rotating paper is laggy as well.

3. two finger scroll is better but still misses the gesture most of the time.

A few complaints that will probably go into the "sucks to be you" pile of things that will not be changed:

1. infinite paper is still inferior to page flipping.

2. zoom box still is a step backward in functionality.

3. clearing a page takes 6 taps to complete when it should take at most 3 (tap the eraser button twice then confirm)

4. still cannot change paper styles on a per page basis (whole note only)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that your iPad was spared an untimely demise.

The image resizing and two finger scroll are being worked on right now for our next release. Can you provide additional details on the laggy paper rotation? How big is the note?

Good points on clearing a page and paper style by page. We'll look into those.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

Hello Everyone:

Sorry for my English, i´m not from an english spoken country

GOOD:

Hability to rotate pages

Hability to select pages inside one notebook

Some bugs are repaired

Really BAD: (still missing from Penultimate 5)

Isn´t possible to move pages from one to other notebook (Really important for me)

Isn´t possible to make a copy of one full page 

Easy delete of one full page

Setup to configure to see watch or not

BAD: missing from Penultimate 6.01:

Insert pages in the botton or in the top of one specific page

1 month loyalty waiting.... and we get this....  Without words

best regards

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

You can create a new note from any number of pages in an existing note by:

1. Opening the page tray
  2. Tap Edit
  3. Select the page(s) you want to create a new note from
  4. Tap "New note from selection"

This will create a new note from the page(s) that you selected and leave the original pages in the original note. We chose this functionality over move to be safer and avoid accidental page deletions.

We will be adding the ability to move a note to a different notebook in a future release, but you can accomplish this within the Evernote app or web or desktop clients in the meantime.

To delete a page (when there are two or more pages):

1. ​Open the page tray
  2. Tap Edit
  3. Select the page(s) you want to delete
  4. Tap "Delete"

If you only have two pages in your note, you can only clear the last page.

To insert a page below any given page:

1. Open the page tray
  2. Tap the page you want to insert a new page after
  3. Tap the plus button at the bottom.
    1. If you want to insert a page at the very top, tap and hold then drag the page you just inserted to the top

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

Good morning. I was really happy to see this update. I used it this morning to take some notes and try it. The writing seems smoother and more responsive with my Bamboo stylus. The two finger scrolling seemed better. I had a nice diagram in process, then the app crashed and I lost it all. That really hurt. I had to quickly redo my notes and diagrams on real paper before the information was lost for good.

I am using an iPad 2 running iOS 8.1.2.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about your crash. We are actively working on fixing any crashes. In the meantime, I'd recommend saving your note every so often by tapping the top right check mark button, letting it sync, and then reopening the note and continuing. It should only take a few seconds. I hope this helps.

Cheers

Unfortunately, the latest update is still a fail! Why do you insist that writing in a zoom box is actually a step forward?! You couldn't be more wrong! I patiently waited for this next update, hoping you would actually listen to your customers. Since you have proven that the company is incapable of this, I have deleted Penultimate and canceled my Premium subscription. I have gone back to Goodnotes. In addition to gaining back most of what you have taken away from us in Penultimate, I can also actually import and annotate PDF files without having to use a separate, equally limited app!

As others have noted, it is an improvement but still not usable. I use the Jot Script and there is too much lag and skipping. Penultimate remains in my unused app folder and GoodNotes is on my home screen. There remains a dramatic difference in how the Jot Script works on the two apps. I will try again when Evernote releases another update with Jot Script improvements, but for now it is not usable for normal work.

The buttons over the writing area are still awful. The same with the concept of "infinite paper" which doesn't work and makes us scratch or erase a note trying to execute the simple task of browsing between pages.

Seriously guys, I'm under the impression that you are more focused on GUI aesthetics than with usability. That's kind of a rookie approach. All about "uh, look how nice it looks" rather than focus on real issues. You are seriously losing paying customers to competitors with this reckless updates.

Other suggestion: Personally I don't want Penultimate to list every single note I had written. For me, some of them are dead files or read only. I really like to manage it on Evernote. Some notes I moved out of Penultimate and now they are kind of back from the dead. This is very annoying.

Archived