Attach File in Evernote to an Email

I feel like there has to be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out. If you have a document stored in Evernote, is there a way to find that email and attach it to an outgoing email or an email you are responding to in Gmail or another mail app? I know that I could email the entire Evernote note, but what if I just want to attach one file that is inside of an Evernote note and attach it to an existing email conversation? I am running the mac version of the software.

• 1 year later...

It's been over a year since I first posted this question... I was actually doing a search again to try to figure out the answer and this thread is the only one I could find. I have to imaging this is a pretty common issue, so figured I would re-post to see if anyone else has any suggestions/tips for attaching a document that you have stored in Evernote to an email?

I am working on going paperless and scanning documents from ScanSnap straight to Evernote. Sometimes I need to email copies of those documents (either immediately or weeks/months later) and it seems kind of silly to save a copy out of Evernote to a folder so that I can attach it to an email. Any work arounds to help with this?

I am using Mac's Mail App.... would be great to have some sort of reverse clipper for Mail app, which would allow you to search for a note and attach documents linked to that note, but that is probably asking a bit much.

• 7 months later...

I also have the same issues. I am using evernote webclipper to save information. How do i attach these clips to some of my regular mail conversations without having to download it to HD and then attaching it again to the email

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to determine how to do this?  I am saving files in Evernote from Scansnap, but if I cannot easily attach these documents to an email, then I end up having to have duplicate versions (one on my hard drive and one on Evernote)  this is a bad plan and can result in mistakes.

• 3 months later...

We are in mid March 2015, and I am still looking for an answer posted in this thread in 2011.

We need to have an easy way to attach a note (Scanned via ScanSnap, some time back) to an email. I know I can do that by scanning it twice - once to a folder and/or once for emailing. However sometime the need to email arises AFTER the original is destroyed and all we have is the scanned PDF version.

Please help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Using EN Mac 6.0.6 in Mac OS X Mavericks, I can drag/drop an attachment from an EN Note to a Outlook email.

I can also just drop the attachment on top of the Outlook icon in the Mac dock, and it opens a new email with the attachment.

Easy enough.

• 1 month later...

I get the drag and drop, and that worked for me, but that is not functional for selecting multiple documents from a note ( I was only able to select one at a time). There really needs to be a simpler way to attach documents to emails from Evernote [and no I don't want to share the entire note].

• 1 month later...

I get the drag and drop, and that worked for me, but that is not functional for selecting multiple documents from a note ( I was only able to select one at a time). There really needs to be a simpler way to attach documents to emails from Evernote [and no I don't want to share the entire note].

You can hit shift and then click on as many attachments as you like.  You can then hit 'share' or drag and drop multiples all at once.

Issue is this doesn't work with Yahoo! Mail :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/28/2015 at 3:09 PM, naeemchak said:

In my view, this is the greatest flaw of evernote that I can't email my all documents sitting over there. It is much better, in my view, export documents to google drive rather than saving in evernote.

Completely agree and one of the reasons I've been trying other note taking services.  Evernote used to plug into different desktop email clients many moons ago and let me leverage my full Exchange Global Address List to email vs just the contacts on my desktop (my corporate spam filters also puts emails from Evernote service in Junk Mail).  One Note and programs like Notability make it much easier to email notes and attachments using your preferred email program on the desktop.  You can also change the note to RTF or PDF before sending.  Huge flaw with Evernote IMO.

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Attaching the file from the note in Evernote to Mac Mail by dragging and dropping works as expected on my Mac running EN 6.7.1 (the version downloaded from our website) and OSX 10.11.5.

If you are finding this is not working for you, please let me know the following:

• The Version of EN Mac you are running currently (Open Evernote > About Evernote from the menu bar)
  • The Version of OSX on your Mac (Apple icon > About this Mac)

Thanks!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BSR said:

Attaching the file from the note in Evernote to Mac Mail by dragging and dropping works as expected on my Mac running EN 6.7.1

Works for me also.  You can also drag/drop into Outlook 2011 email and Outlook icon on the Dock.

• 3 months later...

Great to hear this is working from computers, but how do we replicate from ipad?  I am using evernote with my ipad pro to have clients sign documents with the apple pencil.  How do I then send the signed PDF to the finance company who don't use evernote?  I just want to send an email from my ipad with the PDF attachment.

I would also like to know if I can email ONLY a PDF saved in Evernote from an iPad. I love the search capability of Evernote, but I need to sometimes email PDF handouts to clients, without all the extra Evernote stuff. Otherwise I'll have to save all my professional docs in Google Drive, which is not as easy to navigate and search. 

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-11 at 7:50 PM, Kevin Blair said:

Great to hear this is working from computers, but how do we replicate from ipad?  I am using evernote with my ipad pro to have clients sign documents with the apple pencil.  How do I then send the signed PDF to the finance company who don't use evernote?  I just want to send an email from my ipad with the PDF attachment.

13 hours ago, islavet said:

I would also like to know if I can email ONLY a PDF saved in Evernote from an iPad. I love the search capability of Evernote, but I need to sometimes email PDF handouts to clients, without all the extra Evernote stuff. Otherwise I'll have to save all my professional docs in Google Drive, which is not as easy to navigate and search. 

On my iPad, I use the Mail function under the Share menu.   IMG_1411.PNG

I usually send to myself, and then forward to others,
When I receive the email, I can edit out any Evernote stuff before forwarding

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, I believe this thread is on how to drag and drop a document such as pdf to Gmail for example. On Mac drag and drop to gmail web comp[oser window does not work but a workaround is actully to click the Share button for the document, select  "Mail" which will launch Mac Mail new email popup with the document in it, then simply drag and drop form the Mac Mail popup to Gmail :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 3:05 PM, BSR said:

Hi Everyone,

Attaching the file from the note in Evernote to Mac Mail by dragging and dropping works as expected on my Mac running EN 6.7.1 (the version downloaded from our website) and OSX 10.11.5.

If you are finding this is not working for you, please let me know the following:

• The Version of EN Mac you are running currently (Open Evernote > About Evernote from the menu bar)
  • The Version of OSX on your Mac (Apple icon > About this Mac)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have a Note that consists of two pages that I photographed using the Evernote camera feature.  I want to attach the entire Note (both photographs - happens to be front and back of a document) to a reply in gmail.  Using the instructions in earlier posts I am only able to drag and drop one page at a time, presumably because each page (each photo) is a file within the note.  I know I can send the entire note via email directly from Evernote but I want my reply to remain as part of the ongoing email conversation in gmail.  Essentially I want to be able to drag and drop the entire note.  This must be possible.  Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Hibbs said:

Essentially I want to be able to drag and drop the entire note.

I'd convert your two picture note to pdf format
You'd just have a single pdf file to deal with

• 1 month later...

Seems like there is still no solution to this? As an example, when I'm emailing from my iPhone and need to attach 2 pictures from Evernote, I can't select the "add attachment" menu because that only opens up iCloud drive. Is there anyway for it to open up Evernote instead? Evernote seems a bit overhyped when really simple things mean employing a huge workaround (email to myself, open email, save to iPhone photos or iCloud Drive, go back to composing my email and THEN I can use iCloud Drive to "add attachment". 

Why dont i just give up Evernote premium and just pay for iCloud Drive??? 

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-26 at 5:26 PM, Hibbs said:

Essentially I want to be able to drag and drop the entire note.  This must be possible.  Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

You could print the note to a pdf file and drag that file into your emaill

Archived