[BUG] Notes cannot be dragged to a different notebook on the sidebar

::sigh:: Updated to 10.96.3, it's not possible to drag a note from a notebook such as my default **Inbox** notebook to my Archive notebook. I opened a bug report: #3930192. This is a nasty one, so if anyone else sees this please open a ticket to bump it up in their analytics and do share the ticket number here.

• Like 1
Just now, gazumped said:

I'm on Windows 10.95.6  and it's not an issue for me... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's an issue on 10.96.3 which was released today, because clearly they are unable to release any updates without braking something stupidly obvious. I don't know if they are just arrogant, ignorant, or simply don't take enough pride in their work. My renewal is coming up in August, then I have two months free. If things don't start to get martially better I'm going to have to reevaluate Notion as an alternative.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, mackid1993 said:

It's an issue on 10.96.3 which was released today,

Sorry - got confused with the numbers; thought my version was more recent,  not a couple back..  :blush:

• Like 1
Just now, gazumped said:

Sorry - got confused with the numbers; thought my version was more recent,  not a couple back..  :blush:

It's ok. I'm just amazed they keep breaking things. Could you tell me, was it this bad under the old owners?

• Level 5

Legacy was like 1 or 2 updates A YEAR. And still, they were not free of bugs. And still, they didn't fix all bugs well known, some even for months before the update was released. Glacial ...

v10 had issues, but at least release quality was from my feeling better than we experience it in the last months. I have no problem with the occasional bug - but they seem to break things with every release now, and some are broken several times, fixed in between, but then happening again.

To me it seems nobody is checking, and they rely on their ability to fix fast, and release again.

This strategy you can use with an app that inserts a mistake into a video clip on editing, like Splice. You undo it, and hope the app gets fixed.

But not with an app like EN, where people depend on the integrity of their data, and need to access it for their living. Wrong approach !

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Legacy was like 1 or 2 updates A YEAR. And still, they were not free of bugs. And still, they didn't fix all bugs well known, some even for months before the update was released. Glacial ...

v10 had issues, but at least release quality was from my feeling better than we experience it in the last months. I have no problem with the occasional bug - but they seem to break things with every release now, and some are broken several times, fixed in between, but then happening again.

To me it seems nobody is checking, and they rely on their ability to fix fast, and release again.

This strategy you can use with an app that inserts a mistake into a video clip on editing, like Splice. You undo it, and hope the app gets fixed.

But not with an app like EN, where people depend on the integrity of their data, and need to access it for their living. Wrong approach !

Notion is so close, it's really just missing offline support and OCR. I'd hate to leave but this is becoming insufferable.

• Like 1

For me my frustration is not just all the new bugs it's the focus on the shiny and new while reproducible bugs and issues with existing features languish and support tickets are ignored. For example:

Evernote for Android is still busted in numerous ways, particularly with the Gboard keyboard. The web clipper Gmail function broke for a couple of months, was briefly fixed, then promptly broke again. Searching in the desktop Evernote app while filtering on tags has been broken for as long as I can remember. And many more...

I guarantee if Federico used a Gboard Android phone as his daily driver things would have improved a year ago. Same with if he were a tags user. There seems to be no interest in delivering a high quality product.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

some are broken several times, fixed in between, but then happening again.

= bad code management

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Don't get too carried away - Alt+O on my Win 11 EN 10.96.5 doesn't do anything useful.  With the cursor on the desktop or in another window,  nothing happens.  With the cursor in Evernote I get the current note in its own window,  not a new note.  Have already restarted,  signed out and back - still the same.

31 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Don't get too carried away - Alt+O on my Win 11 EN 10.96.5 doesn't do anything useful.  With the cursor on the desktop or in another window,  nothing happens.  With the cursor in Evernote I get the current note in its own window,  not a new note.  Have already restarted,  signed out and back - still the same.

Yeah, seems like that shortcut is borked.

@gazumped it says you can quickly open a note in a new Window. Not open a new note in a new window. It's designed to open the current note in a new window.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

thanks!  Nearly made a small equid of myself there - clearly I can't read release notes or posts here very well these days!

I misread the notes at first too and thought it was to open a new note and was like F**** great another bug. Then I reread the release notes, so it's not you.