Evernote 10.91.1 windows - Code block bug

Yeah. I saw this with an Apple launchd plist I have saved for my iMessage server. The plist XML snippet has a really long line and it overflows out of the code block.

This looks like a fairly simple CSS bug. I will say as a web developer CSS is a pain in the butt, and I'm not surprised this is an issue.

Its apparently already fixed so waiting for it to find a spot in the release cycle which tends to be quite a fast cycle!

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Thanks ...

I would expect something THAT obvious in a NEW function that it is found and fixed prior to releasing it. Agile development does not include to push crappy results on customers that rely on functions to do their own job, be it private or commercial.

We don't need this ...

image.png.55a166d29580f10df8c0e05053be1e0c.png

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Mike P said:

Seems to be fixed in 10.91.2

Perhaps. But they broke editing (again) in 10.91.3

22 minutes ago, janndk said:

Perhaps. But they broke editing (again) in 10.91.3

Tried to make a screen record to show the problem - but file seems to be too big (7 MB) for this forum. Anyway, there are some problems when editing in the code block. You select one line with the cursor, but the editing happens in the line below.

14 minutes ago, janndk said:

Tried to make a screen record to show the problem - but file seems to be too big (7 MB) for this forum. Anyway, there are some problems when editing in the code block. You select one line with the cursor, but the editing happens in the line below.

Yeah, I have the same problem, with a small html snippet:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Page Title</title>
</head>
<body>

<h1>This is a Heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>

</body>
</html>

• Like 1

I think it has something to do with hyperlinks in my documents (deleting, copying/pasting etc), because that’s what I’m dealing a lot with right now. When I use the delete key on the hyperlink and get to the comma, it crashes.

IMG_5328.jpeg

That's an interesting edge case, but not such a huge deal. You are highlighting whitespace. Clearly the issue is you shouldn't be able to highlight whitespace.

8 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

That's an interesting edge case, but not such a huge deal. You are highlighting whitespace. Clearly the issue is you shouldn't be able to highlight whitespace.

Removing white space --> code disappears. Not such a huge deal? 

4 minutes ago, janndk said:

Removing white space --> code disappears. Not such a huge deal? 

Control Z and wait for a patch. No need to get so upset over every little thing.

Honestly I'm going to have to ignore your posts from now on. The constant anger about every detail brings me down. ✌️

It's not a healthy way to live.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Control Z and wait for a patch. No need to get so upset over every little thing.

Honestly I'm going to have to ignore your posts from now on. The constant anger about every detail brings me down. ✌️

It's not a healthy way to live.

You are constantly bullying others and downplay problems other users have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

image.thumb.png.5fced82d9c5f10597982a090f71fd3c4.png

image.thumb.png.509bad7a10496fc58e4e76f544c916af.png

I have done nothing to hurt or frighten anyone, nor have I forced anyone to do something they wouldn't want to do. This is from https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ before you accuse someone of something, know what those words mean and how they can be hurtful to someone attempting to shed positivity in what has become a very negative depressing angry space on the internet. I'm done with you for now.

@janndk

There is no bullying going on (I don't think that's possible in a text conversation with strangers). What I see is just two users with different views on the same problem. One is more detailed and the other is less so. One is more "negative" and the other is more "positive". No one is right or wrong.

Personally, I agree with @mackid1993 . Evernote has several bugs but I ignore most of them because to me they are small things. Even if they get in my way, I move forward without getting upset. But as I said, that's just my way of seeing things. I'm not minimizing or denying the difficulties that others go through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Cristiano478 said:

@janndk

There is no bullying going on (I don't think that's possible in a text conversation with strangers). What I see is just two users with different views on the same problem. One is more detailed and the other is less so. One is more "negative" and the other is more "positive". No one is right or wrong.

Personally, I agree with @mackid1993 . Evernote has several bugs but I ignore most of them because to me they are small things. Even if they get in my way, I move forward without getting upset. But as I said, that's just my way of seeing things. I'm not minimizing or denying the difficulties that others go through.

@Cristiano478 thank you for this. I was starting to second guess myself as I sometimes do and I appreciate your words.

• Like 1

Eh. I'm not so sure. One commenter is constantly posting about bugs, another user is frequently harassing them for it. Harassment seems like a form of bullying to me. 🤷

The idea to ignore another user is a good one. Hopefully they follow through on it.

• Like 2

Bending Spoons' approach to development is based on user feedback, and is quite clear and open about it. There seems not to be any active quality control before releasing updates, and apparently nobody at the company is using Evernote themselves, as very obvious and visible failures get through unnoticed.

If users are not reporting and highlighting bugs, they are not getting any attention and not getting fixed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just my 5 cents here... i would say this is fault of BS and their new face @Federico Simionato as they are obviously not commenting bugs reported or solving any issue that @janndk is reporting ( as he should ) regularly. I see here bigger issue. 

Tbh, BS gang is again pretty quiet on forum where their paying customers are, and how i see pretty quiet with tickets responding.

Saying that, dear BS & @Federico Simionato you are doing super cool job with bringing EN back to life and back to 21st century note app, but start being visible and active to your main customers.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Eh. I'm not so sure. One commenter is constantly posting about bugs, another user is frequently harassing them for it. Harassment seems like a form of bullying to me. 🤷

The idea to ignore another user is a good one. Hopefully they follow through on it.

Again, you don't seem to know what harassment is.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Hey, guys, anybody got the message by now, and everyone can agree to disagree.

Let‘s call it a (Sun-)day !

Thank you!! :) 

• Like 1
On 6/6/2024 at 8:46 PM, janndk said:

You select one line with the cursor, but the editing happens in the line below.

Not solved  in v10.91.4 (tested in html snippet :

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Page Title</title>
</head>
<body>

<h1>This is a Heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>

</body>
</html>

Nice this is still not fixed 2 weeks later. Sorry but this is unacceptable for a paid program. Either make a rollback or dont invent stuff that is cleary not tested enough.

35 minutes ago, maxkxkx said:

Nice this is still not fixed 2 weeks later. Sorry but this is unacceptable for a paid program. Either make a rollback or dont invent stuff that is cleary not tested enough.

Did you update to 10.93.1?

On 6/9/2024 at 5:06 PM, PinkElephant said:

Hey, guys, anybody got the message by now, and everyone can agree to disagree.

Let‘s call it a (Sun-)day !

Although I for once agree with PE I feel JannDK's frustration with V10. The latest issue today (offline notes unavailable) wraps it up for me here.

V10 definitely isn't a trusted platform for knowledge management anymore.

• Like 2