Evernote 10.86.2 - new tasks section? What and where???

Same here 

Just updated to 10.86.4-mac-mas-public (20240424105017) via mac app store which states "New Features:- New Task section for enhanced organization and efficiency."
Clicking on tasks I see nothing different 

I wish they would stop these annoying partial ugrades. Either keep it with beta testers or roll it out
  • Like 3

I have also wasted so much time trying to log out/ind, removing, cleaning, reinstalling Evernote...  to just find out that they forgot to activate a new announced function 😒

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, janndk said:

to just find out that they forgot to activate a new announced function 😒

I think maybe not forgotten, but instead rolling out gradually.  If that is the case, they should put words to that effect in the fix list.

• Like 5

It would be great if one could click on a task and it jups to the note / anchored area.

Sometimes I have very very long notes and finding 1 task takes time (when I forget to write "#task" at the beginning).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, EN-flow said:

It would be great if one could click on a task and it jups to the note / anchored area.

image.png.b40dd79caf118b1de59c0ac1fe2f664a.png

Hover over a task and jump to the note you mean?

3 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Full screen tasks should be done by early next week. So many folk desperate for this and it works great!

Full-screen tag kingdom next? 🙏 

• Like 2

I do see the new view but I also see something troubling which is that, even though my tasks are still functioning, the "Things to Do" note appears to have no tasks in it if I open it.  This is on both Android and in Windows.

image.png.a5f83a81a171779eb337a7fd50d3c8ea.png

However, if I look at the note overview it shows the first few tasks and the correct number of tasks.

image.png.91bd3e18ed9ce202e218087a85325f0b.png

Is this an intentional change or is there something in my task that is causing display issues when I open the Things to Do note?

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Barry Graham said:

Is this an intentional change

Check Settings (on a desktop) to confirm the default location for tasks not connected with their own note.

Sign out of Evernote / back in or restart the system to refresh the view of saved tasks.

It seems that implementation is gradual. I have version 10.86 installed and I use two accounts. In one account, the full screen view of tasks already appears, in the other it does not yet.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, it looks like a staged rollout. I think the client software contains the code. If it will show is triggered per account.

The new team announced last year in a blog post that they will integrate this ability into the code. It has already been used multiple times, for example with testing the new mobile UI.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, Cristiano478 said:

In one account, the full screen view of tasks already appears, in the other it does not yet.

Similar situation here - my Android tablet has v10.85.1 and a full width Tasks window;  my desktop is v10.86.4 and has the sidebar version.  No difference in function (AFAIK) - just more space.

• Like 1
3 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

Similar situation here - my Android tablet has v10.85.1 and a full width Tasks window;  my desktop is v10.86.4 and has the sidebar version.  No difference in function (AFAIK) - just more space.

There are other differences:

image.png.a60d963b12ec7a0b7b4b761d2e74fbe1.png

• Like 1
On 4/27/2024 at 4:23 AM, gazumped said:

Check Settings (on a desktop) to confirm the default location for tasks not connected with their own note.

Sign out of Evernote / back in or restart the system to refresh the view of saved tasks.

Thanks but this was was not a settings issue.  This was a corruption issue for which I have started another thread here  https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/151759-tasks-note-corruption-task-zap-alert/