Cannot select multiple images out of a "note" anymore. Worked perfectly in Legacy version.

Just updated to the current version of Evernote, from the Legacy version, because I kept getting update notices. 

The issue:   I have a note created.  The note has multiple images in it (one below the previous ....)  In Legacy you could hold the shift key down and drag across all of the images and do a ctrl-c to copy all of them.  Then just a ctrl-v to paste them into Word, Teams or an email.  Upon upgrading, I cannot select multiple images by shift dragging across them.  Only the very last image is copied .............   I have also tried to hold the ctrl key down and drag across them with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Never noticed that glitch myself,  and of course it will depend where the images in your note came from and whether they're all together or spread through the note,  but off the top of my head,  have you tried Ctrl+A to select the whole note / exporting the note to html (all the image files will be in their own folder) / drag/dropping individual images to your desktop and selecting the whole group from there?

• Level 5

There have been some issues about drag & drop of content in the past. I can‘t check on Windows, Mac user.

What usually helped was to select your source objects and D&D them to the Windows desktop. Once they appear there, pick them up again, and move them to their destination.

Not the ideal process, but it worked. As I said, I’m on a Mac - so maybe yon can check if it still does.

I tried the Ctrl+A and it looks like it grabs all of the images, but upon pasting them to desktop or even dragging them, you only get the very last image.

The images were created in Snag-It (great software).  The images paste just fine into Evernote, but copying them out to paste them in an email or a chat does not work.

Needless to say, that the upgrade from Legacy to current is a huge disappointment, plus the price increase.  The current version is sluggish and buggy.  If I could go back I would.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Brian86 said:

The current version is sluggish and buggy.

I don't find it so,  but obviously devices and connections differ.  Did you also try 'export to html'?  I just tried that with one of my notes and got a series of image files in a sub-folder.  There was no JPG pr PNG file type,  but my image app opened them without issue.

• Like 1

When you say "I don't find it so".    Are you saying that you can right click on an image in an Evernote note (new version), ctrl c and then paste into another application like Word or Teams.   Are you also saying that you can click and drag across multiple images in a note and also copy them out and paste them into another application.

If this is correct, I don't understand what would be the secret to this.  I am on the same PC that I ran Legacy Evernote on and never ever had an issue with it.

Thanks

Update:

Images are capture with Snagit.

A note is created in Evernote.

The image and or images are pasted into the Evernote note. (no issues so far).

At a later date you want to use the images.

Open the note from Evernote.

ctrl a      does not work

right click / copy    does not work

Dragging across all of the images and hittiing ctrl c will "sometimes" grab the very last image (none of the others) and most of the time it will only grab the test you may have in between the images.

NOTE:  The reason for wanting to do this is to copy and paste the images in word, excel and microsoft teams.

NOTE:  The copy paste worked FLAWLESSLY in Legacy Evernote

NOTE:  Why would I want to copy the image out of Evernote and paste it onto the desktop and then recopy them again and paste them in Teams....................

ADDITIONAL:  The search function in Legacy would begin filtering the note list as you typed into the search field and was super fast.  Now you have to finish typing into the search field and then executing the search, which is slower and not as intuitive.

BOTTOM LINE:  Copying out of Evernote "DOES NOT WORK"         IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY IN LEGACY

Why would anybody want to upgrade from Legacy which was simple, easy and fast and worked........................   And now pay more annually for inferior performance.

NO IT IS NOT RESOLVED

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Brian86 said:

Are you saying that you can right click on an image in an Evernote note (new version), ctrl c and then paste into another application like Word or Teams.

No.  I was responding to the quote I included in my response: "The current version is sluggish and buggy."

Copying images may work slightly differently in v10,  but there are various alternatives - have you tried the various options above?

On 10/18/2023 at 8:32 AM, Brian86 said:

The issue:   I have a note created.  The note has multiple images in it (one below the previous ....)  In Legacy you could hold the shift key down and drag across all of the images and do a ctrl-c to copy all of them.  Then just a ctrl-v to paste them into Word, Teams or an email.  Upon upgrading, I cannot select multiple images by shift dragging across them.  Only the very last image is copied .............   I have also tried to hold the ctrl key down and drag across them with no luck.

I've had the same issue on v10 ever since it came out -- on MacOS Desktop and Windows Desktop and Web -- and have been using v10 for almost 3 years now. I can usually copy and paste individual images one at a time from Evernote into another program, but not multiple images at once like we could with Legacy -- like what you are asking.

Long running related thread, (but I'm sure there are more similar threads than just this one):

Sorry for dragging this out, but it is really not working.

Yes, I have closed Evernote and shut the laptop completely down.

Fired up the laptop and reopened Evernote.

Same issue.

I have read several threads on this and really didn't find a thread that had a solution.

I would expect that an issue like this, would be a priority and when resolved would be a version rev, with an announcement of the fix.

@Brian86 -- Copying and pasting multiple images and text at once like you are wanting is not working for me either and never has in v10. Hopefully one day it will get addressed, but I wouldn't expect it soon. (The comments above saying it is working for them... it appears they are only copying one image at a time -- not multiple images with text. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.)

I, too,  miss the feature of Legacy, to "save all attachments" of a note very much. I just tried to copy in and out multiple images of EN V10.64.3 on a Windows 11 laptop and it worked in the sense that if there were *only* images in the note, they got selected by a CTRL-A or picking "select all" from the context menu and could be copied out with with one CTRL-C.

So far, so good. But:

There is no way to select just the images if there is text in the note, too.

In other words: there is no multiple (but not all) select. The usual  ways do not work, I cannot CTRL-click or SHIFT-click, as it is custom under Windows. One could say: the UI violates Windows UI principles.

Selecting one image and CTRL- or SHIFT-clicking another immediately unselects the first. This is very bad programming (on Windows at least) and can be considered a bug (even if some here will argue that this is a feature or they don't need it or they use some other (yet another) tool or can solve it by a sequence of a mere of 15 steps).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Simply export the note to HTML, and you get all attachments neat and nicely in a folder, for whatever you need it for.

Thanks, I know the trick, learned in here in the forum.

That's one of those 15-step workarounds (well, approx. at least) that are possible but I hate them. I am spoiled by the legacy version.

I understand that I don't have a choice (outside migrating to another tool). But V10 is still a mess and my productivity dropped considerably with it. V10 would be  hardship for me, even at unchanged prices.

• Like 1

BTW, regardless of the workaround (which is extra work, as in the name) what is the justification for not implementing multiple select (CTRL-click) on Windows (or any platform whatsoever)? That's what I do not understand. The are making a lot of decisions that just make no sense and annoy the users. I am not expecting an answer here, as we don't make those decisions. 

But it makes no business sense what they are doing. Never seen anything like it.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Razmataz said:

what is the justification for not implementing multiple select (CTRL-click) on Windows

A software company does what it thinks is best at the time.  In the current situation probably the predecessor of the current software company made the decision.  'New' Evernote are concentrating on speed & reliability for the moment,  and will have their own plans for the future.  Feature requests would be welcome.

1 hour ago, Razmataz said:

making a lot of decisions that just make no sense and annoy the users.

Not many new decisions that I'm aware of,  I'm sure there is no deliberate plan to annoy,  and every user doesn't seem affected.

As usual with these issues - what you see is ALL you got - for several months at least.  Use a workaround / feedback to Evernote or find an alternative note-taker.  There are no magic wands to make this work sooner.

- Exporting to html - nope     I need to "COPY" and "PASTE" like I always have !  I need to paste it into emails, Microsoft Teams ........

- Basically after all of this.   It DOES NOT WORK and all the other options are weak workarounds that are not efficient an subpar to your previous version.

- It sounds like no one at Evernote will declare this necessary or a bug.  That is too bad.

- If things were better in the new version, we wouldn't be having this discussion and there wouldn't be so many other threads.

- Wonder if users are increasing or decreasing...............

In a similar vein:

Can somebody verify if their desktop EN is behaving the same as mine:

If I have an attachment and and it is set to show as *preview* (which is now with V10 the default and I cannot really change that setting, as it was possible in legacy), I can right click it the "copy" option is active and it, well, copies the attachment to the clipboard.

If, however, the attachment is set to view as *title* (which needs to be set now (v10) for every one of them manually (and this annoys me a lot and please do not tell me that it is easy to do, just a few clicks etc.), the context menu of the attachment shows the "copy" option grayed out and I cannot select it.

I am just curious if anyone has this same problem. 

I need to collapse attachment to titles. I hate it that it cannot be set as default. And I abhor it that if I want to copy one, I have to set it to "preview" first, copy it, then set it back.

If anyone sees the same behavior, I'll report it as a bug. 

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

If, however, the attachment is set to view as *title* (which needs to be set now (v10) for every one of them manually (and this annoys me a lot and please do not tell me that it is easy to do, just a few clicks etc.), the context menu of the attachment shows the "copy" option grayed out and I cannot select it.

This is a bit of a can of worms. I agree that the copy option is grayed out. However if you select the pdf (get a blue box around it) the the copy keyboard shortcut (ctrl+C),  works fine.

28 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

I hate it that it cannot be set as default.

How are you adding the pdf's? You can change the default using tools 🢂 settings 🢂 Notes

image.png.2114797e52b87e5a49fffe7b0f315351.png

However this default is only used in a small number of the possible different ways of adding a pdf to EN. Perhaps you will be lucky.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

This is a bit of a can of worms. I agree that the copy option is grayed out. However if you select the pdf (get a blue box around it) the the copy keyboard shortcut (ctrl+C),  works fine.

How are you adding the pdf's? You can change the default using tools 🢂 settings 🢂 Notes

image.png.2114797e52b87e5a49fffe7b0f315351.png

However this default is only used in a small number of the possible different ways of adding a pdf to EN. Perhaps you will be lucky.

Thank you. Most of my PDF-s are added from the import folder. And I am not really lucky there.

But thank you for the "trick" with selecting it and then CTRL-C. That works. It is another matter, and a bug I maintain, that the context menu doesn't let me do that. This way I need to switch between mouse and keyboard way more often.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

This way I need to switch between mouse and keyboard way more often.

If you select the file as discussed, you can then use the edit menu at the top and copy is not grayed out and it seems to work fine.

image.png.23e646bfb19f20b49d18cd8e6a2d61d9.png

I agree it is definitely a bug as you should be able ot access copy from the right click menu if you can access it from the edit menu.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

They won't comment on what they are working, and no deadlines for sure.

You may get an information shortly before something releases.

I doubt that this nuisance is anywhere in the higher ranks of the backlog.

Just too many "nuisances" in V10, I must say. And those for a much higher price.

This is not a clever plan.

I watched the interview by toolfinder.com with Frederico Simionato on youtube. Very interesting, worth watching.

There isn't much hope for the "nuisances" I would say. And Frederico thinks that EN V10 is worth the 2x-3x price premium, as is.

• Level 5

„Nuisance“ is what I call issues that are just that.

If I classify bugs, the worst class are those that take everything around them down. Blue screen of death, all that. 

The next are those that take the app down, but fatally so, often in conjunction with a loss of data. But they leave everything else untouched. Often just freezing, and needing a restart.

Then are those that prevent some functions of an app to work, with the app in general working.

And then there are those that are disturbing a workflow, but are below a malfunction. In this case, you can copy everything, but one by one. Or you use the export to HTML, to get all attachments nice & neat in a folder for further use. That‘s pretty much wrapped up in my definition of a „nuisance“.

But maybe I have worked for too long in support and QA/QM-functions, and of course you can have a different perception.

I see. 
What my point is though:

1-2 nuisances don’t render the app unusable. 

1-2 dozen do. Well not technically, since the rest works. But from the user perspective, it might become intolerable. 

But I gather, user satisfaction is not a top-listed item for EN right now. It would be interesting to know, when it will be. It will have to come to that. Or there will be no EN. It s not enough if Federico is satisfied and a few here on the Forum. 

But I acknowledge: I could belong to the few who are not satisfied. 

• Level 5

It may depend on your use cases which level of satisfaction can be reached.

Since all users have different use cases, user satisfaction is not transferable - and for sure not by forum posts.

The subject of this thread is created by a design decision (placing content into an individual HTML container each). This means any fix will be much more than flipping a few lines of code. Which is unlikely to happen, no matter if you stress the developer or the coder view.

Thats interesting, even though I am not nearly as technical as you are. Are you saying that we cannot select multiple attachments because they are in separate HTML containers now?

But we can: CTRL-A works (but selects everything, not just attachments). I also found out that one can select multiple attachments if there is nothing else in between: say 3 adjacent jpg images can be selected by clicking and dragging the mouse with the mouse button pressed. 

Sorry, if I am too illiterate. Just like to understand things. 

Just exported a note to html in the hope that I could drag across the content and copy then paste.

NOPE - Does not work.

The ONLY thing I can do, is export it as a pdf and send the entire pdf to somebody.

Simply not acceptable.  I cannot understand how this was never considered and issue and is still not addressed.  Wow !

I might misunderstand what you wrote, but I did something similar. Exported the note as HTML. I could find the attachments in a subfolder of the top folder of the export. Thex were all there in separate files. Then I could do everything Windows can do (copy, paste etc) with the Explorer or another File Manager. 

I don't know if this helps. 

For the record - unlike some here in the Forum - I am very unhappy with these problems, too. As if they deliberately made it hard to use V10. Or never used it, themselves. 

"They" are probably not the current team. But it is disturbing and discouraging that the current team do not address the issues or at least communicate that they will. 

On 18. 10. 2023 at 16:32, Brian86 said:

Práve som aktualizoval na aktuálnu verziu Evernote zo staršej verzie, pretože som neustále dostával upozornenia na aktualizácie. 

Problém: Mám vytvorenú poznámku. Poznámka obsahuje viacero obrázkov (jeden pod predchádzajúcim ....) V Legacy môžete podržať stlačený kláves Shift a ťahať cez všetky obrázky a stlačením ctrl-c ich všetky skopírovať. Potom stačí použiť ctrl-v a prilepiť ich do Wordu, Teams alebo e-mailu. Po inovácii nemôžem vybrať viacero obrázkov presunutím myšou cez ne. Skopíruje sa iba posledný obrázok ............. Tiež som skúšal držať stlačený kláves ctrl a ťahať cez ne bez úspechu.

Akákoľvek pomoc by bola veľmi ocenená.

For me this is working in 10.65.3 in Windows 10.

I can select more image by draging from one line above image to down to last image (without SHIFT) and than CTRL+C and Paste to another note, or Word... So like selecting text... same selection system.

Now I tested it...

For Word its work only with images, that are not edited with Skitch (Annotate in Evernote)..

5 minutes ago, ferol said:

For me this is working in 10.65.3 in Windows 10.

I can select more image by draging from one line above image to down to last image (without SHIFT) and than CTRL+C and Paste to another note, or Word... So like selecting text... same selection system.

Now I tested it...

For Word its work only with images, that are not edited with Skitch..

Let me understand how this is different from what was written above. 

Does it work, too, if there is text between the images?  Can you also take an additional image elsewhere in the note and add it to the selection? Can you also take one particular  image out of the selection (by, say, CTRL-clicking it)?

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Does it work, too, if there is text between the images?  Can you also take an additional image elsewhere in the note and add it to the selection? Can you also take one particular  image out of the selection (by, say, CTRL-clicking it)?

Thanks. 

In Evernote from one Note to another Note its work also with text between images.

To Word no... only if there is no text between images.

I just wrote a solution that does exactly the thing that was complained about in the beginning, except that you don't need to use SHIFT. It works that way for me, and I'll let the complainant test it out to see if it solves his problem.

18 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Thanks. 

Just tried this:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Opened a note that had several images that were captured with Snag-It and pasted into the note.

No text before, in between or after the images.

Used the mouse to click and drag across all of the images.  NOTE: The images flicker and get a small border around them as though they have been selected.

CTRL C

Open Word document.

CTRL V

Did not work (nothing).

Also tried Shift dragging  ..... (nothing).

47 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

I might misunderstand what you wrote, but I did something similar. Exported the note as HTML. I could find the attachments in a subfolder of the top folder of the export. The were all there in separate files. Then I could do everything Windows can do (copy, paste etc) with the Explorer or another File Manager. 

I don't know if this helps. 

For the record - unlike some here in the Forum - I am very unhappy with these problems, too. As if they deliberately made it hard to use V10. Or never used it, themselves. 

"They" are probably not the current team. But it is disturbing and discouraging that the current team do not address the issues or at least communicate that they will. 

Thank you for clarifying this.

I tried what you said and found the folder.  Yes the individual images are in there and they can individually be copied and pasted into Word.

However, my notes are set up with text in between them, describing the images ....... so this is really not going to be a solution.

Again,  Thank You for explaining.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Brian86 said:

Just tried this:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Opened a note that had several images that were captured with Snag-It and pasted into the note.

No text before, in between or after the images.

Used the mouse to click and drag across all of the images.  NOTE: The images flicker and get a small border around them as though they have been selected.

CTRL C

Open Word document.

CTRL V

Did not work (nothing).

Also tried Shift dragging  ..... (nothing).

So problem is Snagit with Evernote 10. I have also Snagit for year, but  found, that for me is really better and easier to use freeware https://app.prntscr.com/sk/index.html for screenshots.. I tested it now and with screenshots pasted direct to Evernote I have same proble like you.

1 image is no problem... more images cant CRTL+V to Word...

Can you cach this way?:

- Screenshot by Snagit saved to temp folder in Windows and than from this folder drag to evernote Note...

I thing, that will work... but sure.. this is one step more.. :(

7 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

I use Snagit for all Copying and pasting into EV. You can even Grab text from an image and paste it in as Text.

Yes, I also use Snagit to "paste images into Evernote notes".  This works just fine.

Snagit is probably the most useful piece of software ever as "was" Evernote.

The issue is when you open a note you have and want to "extract" images out of Evernote notes.

This kind of defeats the purpose of making notes to use at a later date.

I often use one or several images out of a note.   Sometimes I click in the upper LH side of the note content and drag across text and multiple images. Hit CTRL C and then paste the content into a Teams chat window.  This is what made Evernote so useful for me.  Create notes and then use the notes as trouble shooting guides later.  This function worked flawlessly in Legacy and made Evernote a powerful tool.  Now the tool is basically broke and useless as being able to trouble shoot with info you have saved in an efficient manner.

It is just super frustrating to build an entire toolbox full of information (which worked efficiently and flawlessly) and then be forced to upgrade to a tool that only 1/2 works now.   You can put info into a note, but you can no longer get it out of your note.  I would think that this a major issue for a ton of users.

• Level 5
39 minutes ago, Brian86 said:

I often use one or several images out of a note.   Sometimes I click in the upper LH side of the note content and drag across text and multiple images. Hit CTRL C and then paste the content into a Teams chat window.  This is what made Evernote so useful for me.  Create notes and then use the notes as trouble shooting guides later.  This function worked flawlessly in Legacy and made Evernote a powerful tool.  Now the tool is basically broke and useless as being able to trouble shoot with info you have saved in an efficient manner.

It is just super frustrating to build an entire toolbox full of information (which worked efficiently and flawlessly) and then be forced to upgrade to a tool that only 1/2 works now.   You can put info into a note, but you can no longer get it out of your note.  I would think that this a major issue for a ton of users.

Clearly, as this and other similar threads demonstrate, there are a lot of users who are finding this problematic. Specifically, users who have the process you describe as an important aspect of their workflow. For those of us who do not, it's not an issue, and it can be hard for us to see it as a make-or-break for Evernote. I've long thought that Evernote's great strength in making possible a wide variety of workflows and processes became something of a liability when v. 10 was no longer compatible with some of them, while leaving others intact or improved. I hope they'll get this sorted out so that those who need this possibility have it available again.

• Like 1

@Dave, my point is that nobody should break OS conventions. It is good Windows convention to select an object, CTRL-select another to add it to the selection or remove it if it is already selected. SHIFT-Click the second to add all objects between the two. This is the behavior on Windows and Linux, perhaps even on the Mac (I don't know).

Why would anyone want to break it? Especially when there is *NO* benefit to this "new" way of doing things in V10.

And I do not comprehend how people here try to beat sense into such a nonsensical decision. 

If it doesn't disturb you for whatever reason, fine. That doesn't make it a good design decision, though.

I begin to suspect that these (and there are many) were *not* design decisions. They just mucked it up and for whatever reason don't want to admit it.

And I don't buy the frequent argument here that "it would require so much work".

These issues demonstrate the quality of the product, I'd say.

• Level 5

Actually it doesn't break anything. Breaking means to intentionally damage something.

In this case the framework based app needs to containerize content to handle it. What makes multiple actions difficult now is that the containers are to be handled one by one, not as a group. That's the unbroken situation we have now.

To change this they would need to create some code that unwraps the content out of the containers, and make it available for (say) the OS clipboard. This on the fly would be a challenge in performance, I believe.

There is a routine that does it: It's the HTML export, which collects all attachments from their containers and place them as files in a folder, that is saved beside the notes text in the HTML export folder "envelop".

29 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Actually it doesn't break anything. Breaking means to intentionally damage something.

In this case the framework based app needs to containerize content to handle it. What makes multiple actions difficult now is that the containers are to be handled one by one, not as a group. That's the unbroken situation we have now.

To change this they would need to create some code that unwraps the content out of the containers, and make it available for (say) the OS clipboard. This on the fly would be a challenge in performance, I believe.

There is a routine that does it: It's the HTML export, which collects all attachments from their containers and place them as files in a folder, that is saved beside the notes text in the HTML export folder "envelop".

For whatever reason.   Bottom line is that the application has lost a valuable piece of functionality.  Actually it has lost another one that I just came across.  You can downsize an image in a note, but you cannot enlarge it. (another function of the application gone).  I can't say that I have come across any features in the new system that I would deem as improvements.  Opening notes takes longer.  Sometimes the notes open with no content displayed. The search function is now clunky, compared to the old one. Before you could start typing in the search field and the filter started immediately.

I am sure there was a reason or need to move to the new platform.  But trying to convince users that missing functionality is planned and not a priority with the parent company is probably not what the customer wants to hear.  What would be better is and acknowledgement of the issue and the plans and tentative time frame to correct the issue. 

• Level 5

Don’t expect any longer term lists of „acknowledged“ issues and timelines about „fixing“. First not everything you (or me, or anybody else) miss is a missing feature.

Second not everything missing may be easy to fix, or fixable at all. Example: When v10 launched first, I checked other Electron apps for scripting. I found none, not a single one. Conclusion: When you decide to use Electron as platform, no scripting possible (ever).

Third even if both doesn’t apply, there are usually more ideas than capacity. And plans will change, so why infuriate users waiting for „their“ feature when others are moving up, and pass by. 

Let’s have some fun in life, and the EN devs surprising us from time to time is among them.

Maybe they even do it one day with „your“ feature …

51 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Don’t expect any longer term lists of „acknowledged“ issues and timelines about „fixing“. First not everything you (or me, or anybody else) miss is a missing feature.

Second not everything missing may be easy to fix, or fixable at all. Example: When v10 launched first, I checked other Electron apps for scripting. I found none, not a single one. Conclusion: When you decide to use Electron as platform, no scripting possible (ever).

Third even if both doesn’t apply, there are usually more ideas than capacity. And plans will change, so why infuriate users waiting for „their“ feature when others are moving up, and pass by. 

Let’s have some fun in life, and the EN devs surprising us from time to time is among them.

Maybe they even do it one day with „your“ feature …

Well said.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Well, in my books that's what's happened. They did break the established ways to deal with multiple objects. Whether it was intentional I don't know. But it was prior to the BS acquisition so they are not to blame for having done it. 

But they are to blame for being silent about it and not acknowledging it. And thinking they can double prices with that kind of product. And we haven't seen the end of substantial price increases yet. They are certainly losing customers, so the question is: are they gaining more than the half of what they are losing (with double or so prices). 

We shall see soon. 

I, for one, would prefer if EN survived. But I cannot take another price hike, regrettably. 

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

And we haven't seen the end of substantial price increases yet.

I've seen no evidence for this.  Evernote had a price pause for years,  and Bending Spoons needed to spend some serious money to update and upgrade the backend systems;  hence a major one-off adjustment to get prices back on the same level as the rest of the market.  While there's a lot of protest out there from users who apparently liked the feature set,  but weren't prepared to pay a reasonable rate for it - there are a lot of users like me who appreciate the value and flexibility of the service and are willing to give them another year to make good.

This not being my first rodeo I'm using the interim to make sure I have a secure exit strategy in case that doesn't happen - but all the signs are that things are getting much better than they were.

Users trash talk isn't likely to change Evernote's strategy to -finally- close Legacy down, control 'Free' access more closely and give us a much better overall experience.  If you don't like the options or the cost,  please do find an alternative - the most pressure you can exert will come from actually migrating away. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Brian86 said:

Yes, I also use Snagit to "paste images into Evernote notes".  This works just fine.

Snagit is probably the most useful piece of software ever as "was" Evernote.

The issue is when you open a note you have and want to "extract" images out of Evernote notes.

This kind of defeats the purpose of making notes to use at a later date.

Can't really comment, I do copy and paste a lot, but probably not in the manner you do. Legacy is only a dim memory for Mr it has been a long time since I had any use for it

@gazumped: "trashtalk" is very impolite and totally unjustified. I thought this was a discussion forum.

Just review your recent contributions, please. When we discuss how to copy out attachments from a note and how cumbersome and inconsistent it is, you jump in and explain how easy it is in with your tools to copy into a note. 

You don't like criticism on EN, that's fine.  Defend any stupid change as you do, zelously.

But please don't call critical posts "trashtalk". This might be against Forum rules, too. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Razmataz said:

"trashtalk" is very impolite and totally unjustified. I thought this was a discussion forum.

Merriam-Webster says: "disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other"

- Which I thought was quite appropriate,  especially since I generalised it with "Users" in my comments.  This is definitely a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion,  whether users or moderators...

...and "defend any stupid change"?  IMHO we've not seen any stupid changes;  only continuous and frequent corrections and improvements to the somewhat moribund package that Bending Spoons bought into.  Constant heckling - or whatever you prefer to call it - isn't going to help anything.

• Like 1