After upgrade to Evernote 7.14 on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 my notes are now very narrow with lots of whitespace on the right

After upgrading the notes dow not fill out the entire Notebook area.  They only show up halfsize with white space on the right.  If I expand the size of the window the whitespace (or should I say gray-space just gets bigger but the content of the notebook remains narrow.  If I open the notebook in it's own window then it's the normal size.

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue. 

I looked through Preferences and don't see a new setting that might have caused this behavior.  It's really a poor use of screen real-estate.  There is no handle to grab that screen on the right and resize it to fill out the right hand side.

Thanks.

Evernote problem.jpg

• Level 5

IMHO makes no sense to contact support on this - 7.14 is dead, deprecated, nobody will do anything about it any more.

They can just tell to upgrade to v10, and that’s it. That client is working fine with Ventura, I run it myself.

Absolutely awful - how could you release this without proper testing?   What has happened to this company? 

I have been loyal for nearly a decade -  

wow SMH all the bad social media darts I can send - shame on youer team

image.thumb.png.52d9b0ef2a4afee4f8b280301c5dad1b.png

7 hours ago, bennetthall said:

Absolutely awful - how could you release this without proper testing?   What has happened to this company? 

I don't think you understand the problem. Did you read PinkElephant's comment right before yours?

Evernote 7.14 was released on December 12, 2019: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/122340-evernote-for-mac-714/

This post is a problem because of an Apple OS update and change to MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 -- the Evernote product 7.14 hasn't changed in three years and is end-of-life.

If you want to update to the latest software -- you can get it here: https://evernote.com/download

• Level 5
2 hours ago, bennetthall said:

I have been loyal for nearly a decade -  

wow SMH all the bad social media darts I can send - shame on youer team

LOL - running software deprecated for 2 years now, with a successor already counting 49 releases cycles. Crying foul when being himself 50 (!) releases behind only shows bad updating habits.

Nobody is testing if a piece of software that’s out of the loop that far will stand an OS change. If it fails, it fails, it’s as simple as that.

@PinkElephantWhile I understand that V7 is depreciated - here we are "...2 years now, with a successor already counting 49 release cycles...", and there still isnt feature parity with the older V7 versions.  I know we're stuck, but there is a real reason a lot of people still run Evernote Legacy V7...

Edited by mshannon
spelling
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, mshannon said:

and there still isnt feature parity with the older V7 versions

I don't think this is ever going to happen and I'm not sure it is even one of Evernote's goals. Features will come and go as a product evolves, but true that the feature change from Legacy to v10 was definitely way more abrupt than most.

In the end for some, v10 is enough different (depending on workflow and personal preference) that it's almost like a different product from a different company that just happens to have a built-in note database migration. So choosing to go to v10 could be the same as choosing to go to a new product for them. (Plus maybe now there is a better fit out there with some of the newer product offerings.)

FWIW - I used to keep Legacy around so I could tweak the modify datetime of the note since you can't do that in v10, but it became too much of a hassle so now I just deal with it (and only think of it with the tiniest bit of annoyance!)

• Level 5
23 hours ago, Boot17 said:

FWIW - I used to keep Legacy around so I could tweak the modify datetime of the note since you can't do that in v10, but it became too much of a hassle so now I just deal with it

I found the modification of the Created Date for notes so valuable in the Legacy version.  But I switched to newest versions with no ability to edit the created date.

I've been using Evernote since 2008 (70,000+ notes). Fortunately, many years ago, I started adding my modified created date at the beginning of each note title. So this crutch has helped me document what I consider to be my version of the created date.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Boot17 said:

FWIW - You can change the created date in v10, just not the Updated (Modified) date -- at least on Desktop (and probably web):

I have been using this in V10 for ages mainly for archiving email (I set the date and time the email was oiginally sent)

• Like 1

I also have been using v7.14 for years because I don't like V 10, and purposely chose not to move to, what I think is a significantly inferior, v 10.   But on the computer that I upgraded to Ventura, v7.14 has display problems described above and it looks like an "upgrade" is the only choice (with heavy emphasis on the quotes).   For me, it is really a PITA to have to click on every PDF, Click on the 3 dots, View As "All Pages" in every single stinking note!   As others have suggested, this needs to be a global option/setting.   Aren't computers supposed to automate repetitive tasks?   Others have said that this may have been implemented to optimize load time ...  I have developed software and that's a bogus answer.  Fix the architecture!