[Fixed: Issue Resolved] Notes duplicated in filter

Dom Pom

Idea

39 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Seems to be a problem on some accounts, not on others: When my wife searches in her account, all results show in double. When I search in mine, they show only once.

What is amazing: We share some notebooks. Search hits in the shared notebooks show duplicated in her account, and the same search shows the same notes in the shared notebook only once in my search.

Weird !

I think it is a Server side issue, and I hope they get it fixed.

To help I just issued 2 support tickets, one from her iPad, another from mine. They both run on EN iOS 10.20, we are both on the Personal Plan, the only difference is the iOS version (14.8 on her iPad, 15.1 on mine).

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Duplicated notes - dealt with (endlessly) elsewhere;  I think the filter is just showing you the duplications you have,  not causing the issue itself.  Should you find that the 'duplications' are actually the same note shown twice,  please check that your filter criteria are not just finding the same note in two different ways (by date and by content forinstance).  If it seems to be an error,  please contact Support.

22 minutes ago, markjl said:

I can’t be waiting for Evernote to fix things they break (and do their unit testing). Fik me, if I tested like that I’d lose my job

Especially core functionality !

• Like 1

Same for me. Duplicates being returned in search and filtered Notes widget. Also, the count on notes in filtered widgets also seems off - some show correct counts (accounting for the duplicates) and others show incorrect counts. Sort order in search is also incorrect with the duplicate notes.

I have the same issue, search displays each note twice. This issue was not present EOD Nov 4, 2021. So, not sure what update went out overnight but whatever it was caused this issue. The issue exist on all platforms (Browser version running on Chrome, Windows 10 and iOS), going to old reliable the legacy platform where search displays correctly.

How to duplicate this issue:

1. Create a save search (criteria is not relevant)
  2. Create a new note with a condition that matches the save search
  3. Run the save search

Screenshot 2021-11-05 083450.jpg

Edited by clarkmcclendon
Adding new information
  • Level 5

If you change nothing, you make no mistakes.

This one is an easy one: It does not stop anything, it delivers results, as I experience it it is mainly a duplicated display of the search result. Notable to the user (which is bad), but not so heavy in consequences.

I have two macs and they are both doing this. Entries duplicated in card, snippet and list views. When I select a note, the note and the duplicate get highlighted. I'm sure its something server side. Only seems to happen during search. Sometimes, in list view, the note titles get garbled like text is overwriting text. A bit frustrating and I hope there is a fix soon. 

The search feature in ver. 10.24.3 on PC (Win 10) returns notes in duplicate. The notes themselves do not seem to be duplicated, thankfully, so it is a search-related bug. 

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 21H1 and iOS 14.8.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

On the account where we had the issue, search is back to normal since a few minutes.

Customer service was at it, so maybe somebody with a hammer just went into the machine room and banged against the right pipe ….

works again for me as well 🙂

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are aware of this issue, and believe that it is now fixed.

This fix does not require any action on your end, and search should now be working without creating duplicates.

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are aware of this issue, and believe that it is now fixed.

This fix does not require any action on your end, and search should now be working without creating duplicates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2