Search update - using punctuation

• Shane D. unlocked, pinned and featured this topic

That is a nice stepp forward!

The legacy versions found still more stuff 

You searched for Worter and it found Wörter. And characters with accents where found when you searched for the basic character e.g.  e -> ë 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, tim.bushell said:

But "#"... I have used them to temporary tag (without using tags [sic]) stuff for today to go back to, etc., etc. -  but seems not to be open for search when used as "####" for instance . Any suggestions?

Use some other identifier as a prefix
We know "#" is excluded from the search index; other suggestions are    
"_"  (underscore)      
"z" 

Thank you @Shane D. For me this is a small step forward. But as long as Evernote does not find parts of words within words (for example "eltern" out of "Gesamtelternversammlung") in plain text I will never feel the announced magic ("remember and accomplish anything!") with the search of Evernote. Do you have any insight, if this will ever be possible (like in every desktop search)?

Is there a way to search  a list of  the "remarks" I have made when using web clipper?  Often when I clip, I use the "remarks" field to remind me why or how  this clip would be useful down the road...  but then I can never find those remarks again, not even on the note itself. Tags are helpful of course, but  sometimes remarks provide much more specificity.  Can someone point the way for me, please.  I've been an Evernote user for years, but this still eludes me! : )   

148596681_remarksfieldonwebclipper.thumb.png.e4899aa11ab4f1b5e044c269a6c49679.png

1 分鐘前, Damon98xp說:

Hi fellows,

For the situation I just know the "id" in between underscore in a note title,  how could I search for the sample below? Many thanks in advance.

image.png.37099f39b431cb777763b4197c8ca790.pngs

None of the following syntax work : (

",id,"

image.png.1d7520c6b7953bcdc32650d28447535f.png

"id,"

image.png.ec3f5eb0534a874a9665b03b0b425be3.png

",id"

image.png.a700db44a7df706a37496098467e6adb.png

image.png

26 minutes ago, Damon98xp said:

None of the following syntax work : (

You will notice from the announcement that it says:

On 6/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, Shane D. said:

I wanted to let you know that in the latest version of Evernote,

You appear to be using the legacy version

14 minutes ago, Damon98xp said:

Thank you Mike,

I just tried the web interface, it's still not working. : (

Looking at your screen shot that isn't the latest web interface either! You should have been automatically updated unless you have a lots of notes in which case I understand that people aren't being updated yet.

image.png.38db5a4985a4bb28b78577f91404bf88.png

3 分鐘前, Mike P說:

Looking at your screen shot that isn't the latest web interface either! You should have been automatically updated unless you have a lots of notes in which case I understand that people aren't being updated yet.

image.png.38db5a4985a4bb28b78577f91404bf88.png

Thank you Mike, I switch to new web interface, and problem solved for search without "intitle:", please see my result.

image.png.246762db8f2aa7a9309924b2acb2081b.png

image.png.6898ffc58a13ad205d8d789552860f0f.png

2 minutes ago, Damon98xp said:

I switch to new web interface, and problem solved for search without "intitle:", please see my result

Very strange. It appears to have worked for me. I have had other unrelated strange results using intitle:. It may be an indexing issue so worth checking back a bit later. Otherwise I would raise a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...
On 6/6/2021 at 8:09 PM, Angry said:

That is a nice stepp forward!

The legacy versions found still more stuff 

You searched for Worter and it found Wörter. And characters with accents where found when you searched for the basic character e.g.  e -> ë 

I was also trying for my web nize printing which is offering best printing services in burbank

Help! Help! Help! Plz!

Good afternoon I have been using the service for 10 years. Today I found out that now I have to pay for the account in order to continue using it, because I already have more than 50 notes. I agreed. Made this one through iTunes. The payment went through, I have all the receipts, but my account status has not changed. I wrote letters, wrote to the bot, nothing helps. I followed all the support instructions, but still did not gain access to the service. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

12 hours ago, seudfhuibd said:

Thank !!

I agree that you shouldn’t hijack somebody’s post. In regard to your question if you subscribed through an App Store, you have to take the billing up with that App Store Bending Spoons/Evernote can’t do anything about it if it went through an App Store.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...