Same here as a user. But I stopped paying them. its hopeless, they deliver bad buggy products for years, and can't seem to make an update without breaking the app. The users are just paying for privilege of being beta testers of the program that is not even safe for the data, a primary function of the program. No official feedback from CEO that has been promising new evernote that will make it smooth and fast, non of that. Just more silence or lies from incompetent and irresponsible developer team at Evernote. its been like this for years and years now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This update is a joke! Should have never been released. Absolutely not ready for public use. 

• Reduced functionality
  • Critical feature are now missing
  • Basic tools can't be found. 

I thought the primary mission was to create a platform with tools to make us "more" efficient. You're going the wrong way! 

As a paying subscriber, you've just made my life more difficult. Headed to OneNote if you guys don't get this fixed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just updated EN.  Now when I click on the elephant at the bottom of my MacBook Pro, it goes to an online version and acts as if I am entering my first note ever.  All of my thousands of notes are lost.  On my iPhone all is still there.  How do I fix this on my MacBook Pro?

I agree totally with gianlucapalumbo. I hate it when tech companies use their clients as guinea pigs and that's what I feel like. Why do I complain?

I have two paid subscriptions. On one of them, I use Evernote to store and find my photos which I use every single day. I found it the best option for locating my pics to use in teaching and in presentations. I update to the latest version yesterday—which one would expect that they would have worked out any kinks. WRONG!!! . In the sidebar, half of my pics show up as default icons—which obliterates the usefulness that I had enjoy previously. In the notes themselves, it turned all my pics into attachments.

Not only that, there is only ONE OPTION in the Preferences.

You need to fire whoever thought of sending this out now. What were you thinking?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Greg Waddell said:

I found it the best option for locating my pics to use in teaching and in presentations

This is similar to one of my use cases. The problem is that you can no longer copy and paste images out of EN into whatever application you need. You need to download them first. Also, if you add an image to a note by copying and pasting from the web it adds a link not the actual image. If the image gets changed or deleted on the website you got it from, it will be changed or deleted from your note.  I'd stick with the legacy version for the time being.

And, I discovered that I can no longer drag a bunch of pdfs into a Evernote notebook. I now have to do one file at a time. And moving multiple notes between notebooks is significantly slower. 

QUESTION: how difficult is it to restore to the previous version? I have over 11k notes and can't risk losing them.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, BruceGB said:

QUESTION: how difficult is it to restore to the previous version? I have over 11k notes and can't risk losing them.

Not difficult.  The link is above.  You can have both installed. V10 does use a different database structure so if you install both there will be two copies of your data, in case storage is a concern.

• Like 4
  • Level 5
39 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

You can have both installed. V10 does use a different database structure so if you install both there will be two copies of your data, in case storage is a concern.

I would caution that flipping between V10.2.6 and legacy EN and back again caused me a lot of problems (But perhaps it was just me?  Speculation: perhaps a problem with EN installing multiple databases in different locations??)

IMHO I would recommend that most users stick with the legacy version until V10 become more stable and functional.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Peter Olins said:

I would caution that flipping between V10.2.6 and legacy EN and back again caused me a lot of problems (But perhaps it was just me?  Speculation: perhaps a problem with EN installing multiple databases in different locations??)

I had a database corruption problem on Windows legacy that I think was caused by a note created on v10 iOS, but so far no problems with having both v10 and legacy Mac installed together on another system.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Mike P said:

This is similar to one of my use cases. The problem is that you can no longer copy and paste images out of EN into whatever application you need. You need to download them first. Also, if you add an image to a note by copying and pasting from the web it adds a link not the actual image. If the image gets changed or deleted on the website you got it from, it will be changed or deleted from your note.  I'd stick with the legacy version for the time being.

I thought this was a bug.  They actually -broke- the ability to paste images into notes?   By design?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BruceGB said:

And, I discovered that I can no longer drag a bunch of pdfs into a Evernote notebook. I now have to do one file at a time.

This is not my experience. If I select a number of pdfs and then drag them onto the note list it will create a new note for each pdf.  If I'm in a notebook then it will create them in that notebook, otherwise in my default notebook. If I drag them into an existing note it attaches them all to that note. What is your workflow?

I completely agree that all actions on multiple notes are painfully slow and this isn't helped by the fact that you have to use the menus not just drag and drop.

The update is a disaster. Not sure they tried it out before releasing it. A list of notable problems:

+ Copy and paste artifacting (text becomes reformatted and rearranged)

+ Odd line spacing choices (results in menus being oversized with undersized font) 

+ Notes become duplicated (and then the program asks you to view the new duplication - very annoying)

+ For macs, some notes are now unreadable.  

I wish I checked in on this forum before I upgraded to 10.3.7.

Important features that I use daily have simply disappeared in this new version.

Given the way 2020 has been going for most of us, I really should have thought twice before accepting the update and thinking it would go well.

I really need the screen and text capture features that were available to me in the 6.* version, so I guess I'll downgrade.

ENScript.exe is gone too?

...and why didn't this install in %programfiles%?

Buying lottery ticket tomorrow so that I can hopefully retire early and just not care how the rest of the world is burning.  😉

• Like 2

...Same thoughts on this topic exactly  ;)

With this new Evernote update it seems also more difficult to find the database folder on my hard drive. They changed the way to access it.

Could anyone provide me with info on where it is located? It's important to me to back this up every now and then.

Thx! :D

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Ignacy said:

With this new Evernote update it seems also more difficult to find the database folder on my hard drive. They changed the way to access it.

Could anyone provide me with info on where it is located? It's important to me to back this up every now and then.

For Windows          C:/users/<youraccount>/appdata/roaming /evernote
For Macs                      /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote

Make sure you know how to use your backup data
For my backups, I use the Evernote export feature (HTML format) - Daily Incremental and Weekly Full

• Like 1

Add another victim of the version 10 "update". I'm now getting errors when adding and updating notes on Windows and iOS. Performance is slow and intermittent.

I should have known better. I've been a heavy user of Evernote for years, use it all day every day. This may be the straw that pushes me to migrate to something else. The communication about this update was totally inadequate. The code was clearly not production ready. Really incredible that a company with such a long tenure and large customer base would release this dreck. To be fair, the UI looks pretty but I really don't care if it doesn't work. Will be reverting to legacy version but obviously that's not a long term solution so I'll need to start investigating alternatives. Too bad, Evernote has been such a useful tool.

Hi Evernotes 🙂

I AM DESPERATE!

Is there any reaction by evernote? For more than ten years i've been using the import folder feature as a main thing in my daily work... I even chose a Windows OS because of that... (!)

I was  lucky of being able to downgrade with your help (link above) !!! WHAT A MESS!! My whole workflow is essentially gone with the deletion of the import folder feature. Hope that version 6.25.1 will operate in the future... I won't install evernote 10.

Now I think about moving to other software solutions which offer the folder monitoring option.... does anybody have an idea?

"MY CORE FEATURE" IS GONE... will there be any solution for that?    

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

The Legacy product is working in the present - Why are you desperate?

thank you DTLow for your question! 🙂 you are right... ich reinstalled the older version right before you asked... and everything runs as usual again.. hopefully long enough. THANK you Evernotes for your links and care... think I can live with the older version... it's like a part of my body... did not need any design upgrades.. the offered functionality of EN 6.25 has been always sufficient and powerful enough...  

I slept with a software I trusted for years, and woke up with a beta version without basic functionalities.
Evernote is an everyday tool for life and WORK, not a game. We are premium users who rely on Evernote, a strong change couldn't happen this way.

What if the Legacy Version didn't exist? We wouldn't even be able to export our notes.

Fact is: One day this new 10.x version may become outstanding and disruptive, but this day isn't today, definitely. I will remain with Evernote because I think developers are working overnight to clean this mess, BUT WITH THE LEGACY VERSION. A vote of confidence Evernote deserves.

Lessons learned: Really sensitive notes will be out of Evernote for some years, I can't risk.

Saying the obvious:
1. The mess is done, time to recover. No one will accept something worse than previous version.
2. Windows users are conservative, remember that.
3. Functionalities are important, USABILITY also.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
18 hours ago, DTLow said:

For Windows          C:/users/<youraccount>/appdata/roaming /evernote
For Macs                      /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote

Make sure you know how to use your backup data
For my backups, I use the Evernote export feature (HTML format) - Daily Incremental and Weekly Full

Depending on the version, and whether the mac app was downloaded from the App store or evernote.com, my mac installations have been in different places:    in ~/library/containers  or /group containers

After a complete purge of ALL evernote-related files (AppCleaner and Installer), a fresh installation of mac v10.3.7 went into /application support. (Rebuilding the database took days, but at least the app is stable for me (albeit hobbled).

Regarding export/backup, the current version only permits 50 notes at a time to be exported, and only in .enex format. Do you have a recommended approach for backup on mac, or are you relying on the legacy version, for now?

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Peter Olins said:

Regarding export/backup, the current version only permits 50 notes at a time to be exported, and only in .enex format.

The Version 10 product permits export by notebook

>>Do you have a recommended approach for backup on mac, or are you relying on the legacy version, for now?

I'm still using the legacy version
imho  The Version 10 product is a work-in-progress; it's not ready for general use
I'll take a look when the work is completed

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, 90% sure I am going to finally get rid of Evernote - been thinking about doing that for about 4 years.  Too buggy.  Too many weird things going on.  Too much ***** I don't care about (like the stupid context feature).  And, can't do a "shift return" to just make a space in a bulleted list.  Today was final straw.  New notes basically would not create (AT ALL).  I would make a note, put in a title and start writing and THEN BANG the title would disappear...  90% sure I am off to Bear.  Anyway.  Amazing how a company with masses of users and money can't actually do the very basics correctly.  That's all I ever wanted.  A place to "whack stuff" that sync'd to my iPad.  Dumping Evernote will lose me access on my PC but I hardly use it so no real loss.  Anyway, I have now moved my work notes over, I will then run on Bear for a week and see how it goes before moving my 1300 personal notes.  

• 1 month later...

Stunningly poor new version.  I updated yesterday as requested and Evernote would not open.  Rebooted; it opened.  Today, it had closed, and again wouldn't open.  Nothing I did would make it open.  Lots of work lost as a result of this.  And I'm paying for the privilege!  

As someone suggested, I reinstalled the "Evernote Legacy" version and have been using that successfully for the last month. I'll continue to do so as long as it's supported. Hopefully by the time it isn't, a new version with all of the features we depend on will be released.