Jump to content

"You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet"


Recommended Posts

 Im an android user and just upgraded my phone

Using "username & password' it will give me an error "you cannot sign in at the moment this is likely caused by a bad connection to the internet" and i have solid internet connection

Using "continue with google" it will give me an error "email is already registered"

I am able to log in on desktop browsers

What i have done so far: restart my device, reinstall app and revoke devices.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 8/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, Jacob.starsky said:

I have the same problem. Before reinstallinhg the app, I uninstalled the app from the phone, but the problem is still existing. Any solution please 

Hi.  Did you power the phone off and on too?  What version of Android are you using?

Link to post
  • Administrator

@FrancoAngeles @Jacob.starsky @EINF

Thank you for reaching out, and for letting me know!

To clarify, does this occur when you're using Wi-Fi, cellular, or both?

What country are you located in currently? Do you use a VPN?

Have you noticed connectivity issues with any of your other apps? 

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, FrancoAngeles said:

 Im an android user and just upgraded my phone

Using "username & password' it will give me an error "you cannot sign in at the moment this is likely caused by a bad connection to the internet" and i have solid internet connection

Using "continue with google" it will give me an error "email is already registered"

I am able to log in on desktop browsers

What i have done so far: restart my device, reinstall app and revoke devices.

after downloading evernote from play store, download a proxy vpn(free on play store), connect vpn, then try to login into the account. This worked out for me......

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post

I have the same issue with my log in and I have tried uninstalling and installing the app while i also reset my password and when i entered my gmail account it says "email already registered" or "there's a connection problem" ... I don't know what to do ... :(

Link to post

I recently purchased a new phone and when trying to sign in on the Evernote app, I got the error message "You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet". I then remembered the device limit so I logged off the app on my old phone. Still got the message on the new phone. Tried logging BACK IN on the same phone (old phone) that has device permissions. Got the message again! I got onto the web version and checked under "devices" but it says "No devices are associated with this account. You are currently accessing Evernote via web only." So there are no devices to revoke, and it looks like I can now not log in via the app on either device and it has been a full 24 hours and I definitely have no internet connection issues! I tried searching for this topic but it looks like most advice revolves around revoking permissions. Can anyone help me?

Link to post
On 8/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, kiran150150 said:

after downloading evernote from play store, download a proxy vpn(free on play store), connect vpn, then try to login into the account. This worked out for me......

Yes indeed, it worked for me as well. Don't know what the underlying issue is though!

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 8/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, lisakerttu said:

I recently purchased a new phone and when trying to sign in on the Evernote app, I got the error message "You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely cause by a bad connection to the internet". I then remembered the device limit so I logged off the app on my old phone. Still got the message on the new phone. Tried logging BACK IN on the same phone (old phone) that has device permissions. Got the message again! I got onto the web version and checked under "devices" but it says "No devices are associated with this account. You are currently accessing Evernote via web only." So there are no devices to revoke, and it looks like I can now not log in via the app on either device and it has been a full 24 hours and I definitely have no internet connection issues! I tried searching for this topic but it looks like most advice revolves around revoking permissions. Can anyone help me?

Merged your post with the others on this topic...

Link to post

I also have the same problem. I'm using a new android phone. But since the first time i tried to login to my Evernote account on the new phone (August 15 2020), it kept tell me that i can't login for a while because of the bad internet connection. i was using Wi-Fi and data cellular on that day. I even tried to use tethering, but it doesn't help at all. The second day, i tried to login again. The same thing happened. But, idk why i can login using my data cellular that time. Then to make sure, I clear the app data and tried to login again but the problem keeps happening. I change to Wi-Fi, not only one but 4 Wi-Fi, but i still can't login and it kept saying that i can't login bcs of the bad internet connection. And it keeps happen till today.

Notes : I'm pretty sure that I was on a good and strong internet connection. one of the wi-fi i use is even on 5G connection.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Evernote app really didn't help at all. I did it for many times.

I think I already tried to login to my account for a million times. But i can only login for maybe about 5 times from that million times. 

The problem didn't happen to my old phone and PC. I still can login on my old phone and PC without experiencing the internet problem.

Also, I already downgraded the Evernote app, but I also just a waste of time. Btw, I'm from Indonesia.

Oh, I also tried to login with VPN and it works.

I really hope that I didn't have to do this for a long time. I really hope that there's a solution for my problem. thank you

 

IMG_20200822_103724.jpg

IMG_20200822_103755.jpg

Link to post
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, ehouston said:

Purchased brand new Kindle Fir 10 yesterday and having the same problem. Any solutions.                    

What version of Android is running on your Fire?

Link to post

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950) running Android 9. Evernote worked before formatting my smartphone. Now I can't even log in with this error. Error happens both via Wifi and cellular network. Clarifying that all other applications on my smartphone work. I opened Ticket on Evernote support.

Screenshot_20200823-092220_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-001002_Evernote.jpg

Link to post
  • Evernote Staff*
On 8/23/2020 at 5:38 AM, hudsonaf@gmail.com said:

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950) running Android 9. Evernote worked before formatting my smartphone. Now I can't even log in with this error. Error happens both via Wifi and cellular network. Clarifying that all other applications on my smartphone work. I opened Ticket on Evernote support.

Screenshot_20200823-092220_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-001002_Evernote.jpg

Are you still unable to sign in at this time? If so can you DM me your IP address along with the email associated to your Evernote account? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Same here. I downgraded from the (awful) beta version and can't login anymore. Just double checked the password and it is ok, on all my browsers I can login, but on the Android app I can't.

Link to post
3 minutos atrás, taq disse:

Same here. I downgraded from the (awful) beta version and can't login anymore. Just double checked the password and it is ok, on all my browsers I can login, but on the Android app I can't.

Tried to restart the phone, no luck. If I was pissed of because I didn't have the widget on beta, now I have NOTHING about Evernote on my phone. Could you please fix it or give us an advice on how to proceed?

Link to post

If I try on WiFi, I get the same error message.

On 4G, it works

WiFi is 350M broadband on virgin, with a solid 5ghz WiFi signal and speed test from my android maxes hits 100mbs.   So I have no issues connecting to the internet.

 

It seems like Evernote are not allowing access from devices on WiFi.

 

I also have the issue if I try and sign in on my Google account I get a Email is already registered, but on 4G, works fine on email/password or Google. Account.

I was about to purchase Evernote, not now.

Link to post

Currently having this issue on a Amazon fire hd 10. Old HD 8 has no issue. Same network. Tried a different WiFi and tethering as well. 
I can even create a new account and it tells me account is created but I can’t use it. Please fix it. 

Link to post
hace 5 horas, Carlos Fuentes dijo:

Same problem here in Spain trying to access from A Galaxy S20

Tried restart, change password fro internet, tried from and out of the wi-fi but does not work.  Any solutions?

 

 

If you have already downloaded Evernote from Google play, enter the application with your google account "BUT WITHOUT THE WIFI ACTIVATED", enter with the mobile data. Onece it lets you in to Evernote, you can turn on the WiFi again. It worked for me.

Edited by Ado
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Here, at Brazil, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to log in at the evernote app in my samsung tabS6 without succes. When I try to connect at the web browser, it works, but at the app doesn't. I reinstalled the app, disconnected the evernote from my older tablet, but still no results.

Link to post

This is also a problem in Greece. Can't login to Evernote on Android 10 device, tried delete/reinstall/downgrade and now opened a ticket. 

People at evernote this is a serious issue that's around since at least August and no definite solution or news from you?! Please act asap. 

Link to post

Same issue here from Ghana. I have cleared cache and storage, un-installed, re-installed, rebooted, downgraded, used a VPN, used WiFi, used data connection... Only thing that works is using the V 10 beta and Evernote web..

I badly need a solution.

Link to post
  • Level 5

@niikassim Have you tried to use the VPN and move your geolocation to another country, like somewhere in North America or Europe ? We had a thread here a while ago where IPs from Vietnam got blocked, probably a security issue.

When connected issue a support ticket.

Link to post

@PinkElephant Finally got it to work. Sorry I didn't post back here. I downloaded an older version from Apkmirror, version 8.0 I think, installed a VPN with the location set to the US and stopped the username and password from being filled in automatically at the log in page.

The finally updated to the latest version from the play store.

 

A bit long winded but at least it works.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

"stopped the username and password from being filled in automatically at the log in page."

Typing username and password instead of autofilling it with my 1password app did the trick for me.  No login issues any more. There is maybe a small bug somewhere in Android about that. 

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

Oof - this is not good. I get same error right after installing Evernote on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, running Android v10. Have force stopped the app multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off autofill, restarted the device - and never any change, same error.

I'm in the USA.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, patrickj said:

Oof - this is not good. I get same error right after installing Evernote on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, running Android v10. Have force stopped the app multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off autofill, restarted the device - and never any change, same error.

I'm in the USA.

Hi.  Is this the new Evernote v10 app?  If so, you're in the wrong thread;  if not,  I'd suggest you try it.  You really need to talk to Support and they're only going to advise you to upgrade to the new app.  You're not likely to see a quick fix - Support is a little busy right now - but they can advise you more on connection issues than we can here.

Link to post

Just got a new Amazon Fire HD10, and Evernote was the first app I installed. And I get this silly error too, "Login Error You cannot sign in at the moment. This is likely caused by a bad connection to the internet." 

Come on, Evernote, you can do better than this. I'm a premium user, have used Evernote since 2010. This bug is clearly affecting many people on a variety of platforms. Step it up, please.

Link to post

Just had this bug too. Error was fixed by signing in with my Google account while my phone wifi was turned off/disabled, and only my Data/4G was enabled. For some reason Evernote does not like you signing in with your phone wifi antenna even on at the moment

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, clarkras said:

ust got a new Amazon Fire HD10, and Evernote was the first app I installed.

Hi.  So this would be v10?  If so,  you also are in the wrong thread.

4 hours ago, clarkras said:

Come on, Evernote, you can do better than this.

Amazon Fire hardware (and software) is somewhat locked down to Amazon products,  though I see that Evernote is offered in the Fire apps shop.  I'd suggest you contact Amazon support as well as Evernote support* for help to resolve the connection issue - unless another Fire owner here can offer any suggestions.  My best would be to uninstall and reinstall the app from the Play store.

* NB

  1.  That isn't us - mainly users here.
  2. They're a little busy with a major launch just before the year-end holidays;  responses will be slow...
Link to post

Got the same problem (Android 8.1.0, fresh install of the Evernote app after enabling 2FA, Premium account, location Germany) - nothing helped (mobile network, WiFi, uninstall, VPN on a US server, any combination ...) - but it worked for me in a different way: look in the Android app settings - force quit the Evernote app, delete the cache and delete all data (there were some kB of cache and ~1MB data used, even the evernote app said that the login failed?) - then open the app and login - worked. I put a SD card in the phone before trying to use Evernote on the phone, Evernote let you choose where the data will be stored (I've seen it after the login worked) - maybe this could be an issue? (preselected was SD card on my phone by the app). Some apps have problems with the data extension with an SD card (remove SD card would be a step further if this wouldn't work...). Hope this helps. @ Evernote team: Good idea, good software - but please test your software before a release and take care of your customers if they can't use the software (took me 1.5hrs to figure it out).

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...