kilolo

Other Webclipper for Brave browser

Idea

Hi there, @evernotehelps suggested I post this here –

I've recently begun to use the Brave browser (https://www.brave.com/) and so far think it's pretty great. On Safari I'm a big fan of the webclipper and would love to see it implemented for Brave as well. Any chance that might happen soon?

• Like 6

49 replies to this idea

I wonder how serious evernote can be about webclipper for Brave, surely this is not a hard task for evernote. What possible reason could there be for the delay. Heck, we are paying enough money each year for Evernote. Better support on this would be welcomed.

I support this as well.  I have switched most of my tasks from Safari and Firefox over to Brave.  Brave is great for quickly browsing through help forums, blogs, and other generally slow pages owing to lots of ads.  But I still have to re-open URLs from Brave in Firefox so I can clip them.  This is inconvenient.   

I fully second your idea! However, as a workaround, I recently found www.ukeeper.com. There you can create a Bookmarklet (or save the resulting Javascript Code to a new bookmark in Brave browser) to have sent from Brave directly to your mailbox a clutterfree version of any website. From there I use the MailButler plugin for Mac Mail to save the message as Evernote (but you could also simply forward it to your Evernote mail adress, with tags and all the rest).

Brave is a browser that blocks any tracking and protects privacy as we all know who use it.

Frankly, the slowness or reluctance on the part if Evernote to provide a web clipper makes me wonder if they are more concerned about tracking us and less about privacy.

Maybe it's just that Evernote doesn't listen to users who dearly now to use it?

it certainly raises questions in my mind.

• Like 1

If you were to clip something with Brave how would the tracking be any different than if you used Chrome or FF, from an EN perspective?  Web page put in the note would be the same in either case?

One more vote here. It seems likely that recent political events will increase interest in privacy all round (not just VPNs). Brave works really, really well, and as more people try it, it will get bigger.  As people switch browsers, let's hope they don't also switch to one of Evernote's burgeoning alternatives! The web clipper is pretty crucial part of Evernote....

Brave is increasing its users rapidly, evernote should (must) update with the market. Don't make users adapt to your products features, it's the first step to lose them(us). thank you

Sadly many don't know of the benefits of Brave, some may not want to know, but when evernote is essential to life and Brave is the best browser for security and speed, I am BAFFLED at Evernote's reluctance to make a webclipper a priority. 

Is there something going on, some roadblock, that I don't know about?

Evernote is my digital brain and it's a must for my research to continue with the necessary speed and accuracy on Brave.  Brave is the future of browsing.  It's built on the blockchain, which is the platform of the future and it protects the user rather than the advertiser.  Please, please please see the wisdom in this investment for development.  

Webclipper is an essential tool for keeping with workflow, Brave has the ability to give credit to content from users with cryptocurrency, ether and there might be a way Evernote could see benefits in aligning themselves with this technology. 

Please create a webclipper for Brave, Thank you.  

i so want to give up on Evernote ...

for this, Brave, omission ...

insult to the injury that is the forever lack of Edit/Replace ...

if only MS OneNote had Tagging, I'd be there

of course sure would be nice to tell a feel-good story to colleagues & fambly about Evernote responsiveness to client

On 19/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, xgironx@yahoo.com said:

i so want to give up on Evernote ...

for this, Brave, omission ...

insult to the injury that is the forever lack of Edit/Replace ...

if only MS OneNote had Tagging, I'd be there

of course sure would be nice to tell a feel-good story to colleagues & fambly about Evernote responsiveness to client

I’ve been looking hard at Apple Notes for iOS. It’s getting closer to an Evernote replacement. It’s lacks some features, but it lacks the cost of Evernote also.

7 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

I’ve given up on Evernote ever implementing this, I mean, how hard can it be?? Maybe they don’t really value our need for secure and private browsing.

You can always use a VPN if you want to protect yourself.