Updates to the Evernote Discussion Forums! Read more... ×
kilolo

Other Webclipper for Brave browser

Idea

64 replies to this idea

I agree with the request. I am a big Evernote "clipper" and have also switched to Brave. If not a big deal to certify, it would be a much appreciated feature.

• Like 4

Please develop a webclipper for Brave.  I'm in the process of switching from opera to Brave and I'd hate to lose the integration with Evernote.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2016 at 4:05 PM, kilolo said:

Hi there, @evernotehelps suggested I post this here –

I've recently begun to use the Brave browser (https://www.brave.com/) and so far think it's pretty great. On Safari I'm a big fan of the webclipper and would love to see it implemented for Brave as well. Any chance that might happen soon?

At the moment we do not have any plans to rollout a new web extension for the Brave browser, however, I will talk with my team about this as possibly something for the future. Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 6

The idea of a webclipper for Brave browser (Chromium based) is very good. Please consider this!

• Like 3

Me too, Brave is the best browser ever, but it lacks webclipper, could be like peaches and cream please work on it, it's all I want for Christmas.:)

• Like 2

Me too, but even the lack of Webclipper is not enough to make me stop using Brave, it's a good and ethical browser. I love Evernote and I love Brave, we really need both to work together.

• Like 3

Anyone supporting this should vote at the top of the page.  

• Like 5

I have also just started with Brave and would like to use the Evernote webclipper with it. Brave is brilliant so I will be using it as my main browser and would like to use Evernote with it.

• Like 1

The Brave browser on Windows 10 is fantastic. Super quick, ad free. It's totally the future.

It already has plugins for 1Password and other apps... please create an app for Evernote clipping. 

Love what you guys do!

• Like 1

Dear Evernote, I am a premium user of your app. I use it daily, multiple times a day and can't imagine life without it. 

I switched to Brave like many of the people in this thread... Please make a webclipper! 

All those who DON'T want a clipper for Brave...?  (______s...i...l...e...n...c...e_____)

• Like 1

+1. Brave is fast turning into one of the most secure and usable browsers out there. Please add support.

• Like 1

I wonder how serious evernote can be about webclipper for Brave, surely this is not a hard task for evernote. What possible reason could there be for the delay. Heck, we are paying enough money each year for Evernote. Better support on this would be welcomed.

• Like 1

I support this as well.  I have switched most of my tasks from Safari and Firefox over to Brave.  Brave is great for quickly browsing through help forums, blogs, and other generally slow pages owing to lots of ads.  But I still have to re-open URLs from Brave in Firefox so I can clip them.  This is inconvenient.   

• Like 1

I fully second your idea! However, as a workaround, I recently found www.ukeeper.com. There you can create a Bookmarklet (or save the resulting Javascript Code to a new bookmark in Brave browser) to have sent from Brave directly to your mailbox a clutterfree version of any website. From there I use the MailButler plugin for Mac Mail to save the message as Evernote (but you could also simply forward it to your Evernote mail adress, with tags and all the rest).

• Like 1

Brave is a browser that blocks any tracking and protects privacy as we all know who use it.

Frankly, the slowness or reluctance on the part if Evernote to provide a web clipper makes me wonder if they are more concerned about tracking us and less about privacy.

Maybe it's just that Evernote doesn't listen to users who dearly now to use it?

it certainly raises questions in my mind.

• Like 2

If you were to clip something with Brave how would the tracking be any different than if you used Chrome or FF, from an EN perspective?  Web page put in the note would be the same in either case?

• Like 1

One more vote here. It seems likely that recent political events will increase interest in privacy all round (not just VPNs). Brave works really, really well, and as more people try it, it will get bigger.  As people switch browsers, let's hope they don't also switch to one of Evernote's burgeoning alternatives! The web clipper is pretty crucial part of Evernote....

• Like 1

Brave is increasing its users rapidly, evernote should (must) update with the market. Don't make users adapt to your products features, it's the first step to lose them(us). thank you

• Like 1

Sadly many don't know of the benefits of Brave, some may not want to know, but when evernote is essential to life and Brave is the best browser for security and speed, I am BAFFLED at Evernote's reluctance to make a webclipper a priority. 

Is there something going on, some roadblock, that I don't know about?

• Like 1

Evernote is my digital brain and it's a must for my research to continue with the necessary speed and accuracy on Brave.  Brave is the future of browsing.  It's built on the blockchain, which is the platform of the future and it protects the user rather than the advertiser.  Please, please please see the wisdom in this investment for development.  

• Like 1

Webclipper is an essential tool for keeping with workflow, Brave has the ability to give credit to content from users with cryptocurrency, ether and there might be a way Evernote could see benefits in aligning themselves with this technology. 

Please create a webclipper for Brave, Thank you.  

• Like 1

i so want to give up on Evernote ...

for this, Brave, omission ...

insult to the injury that is the forever lack of Edit/Replace ...

if only MS OneNote had Tagging, I'd be there

of course sure would be nice to tell a feel-good story to colleagues & fambly about Evernote responsiveness to client

• Like 1

Please, please, please!! Do that for Brave community! People enjoy there privacy, but no one wants to sacrifice productivity!

• Like 1

I’ve given up on Evernote ever implementing this, I mean, how hard can it be?? Maybe they don’t really value our need for secure and private browsing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 19/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, xgironx@yahoo.com said:

i so want to give up on Evernote ...

for this, Brave, omission ...

insult to the injury that is the forever lack of Edit/Replace ...

if only MS OneNote had Tagging, I'd be there

of course sure would be nice to tell a feel-good story to colleagues & fambly about Evernote responsiveness to client

I’ve been looking hard at Apple Notes for iOS. It’s getting closer to an Evernote replacement. It’s lacks some features, but it lacks the cost of Evernote also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

I’ve given up on Evernote ever implementing this, I mean, how hard can it be?? Maybe they don’t really value our need for secure and private browsing.

You can always use a VPN if you want to protect yourself.

I just discovered the Brave web browser not too long ago. I think it's great and I've made it my primary browser on Windows and Linux. As a paying Evernote customer I'd sure like to have the web clipper for Brave.  

On 5/26/2016 at 5:05 AM, kilolo said:

I've recently begun to use the Brave browser (https://www.brave.com/) and so far think it's pretty great. On Safari I'm a big fan of the webclipper and would love to see it implemented for Brave as well. Any chance that might happen soon?

so .... now 2 years later... any response from evernote and  a webclipper in sight???  
Evernote team .. how many votes is enough ... your users need this!!  come on ... I am waitning now for over a year... 

Workaround to perfectly use Chrome Evernote Webclipper Extension in Brave (probably works with other extensions too, have testet it e.g. with Mercury Extension):

1. Download Google Chrome (or Opera Browser with "Install Chrome Extensions" enabled)
  2. Install Evernote Webclipper Extension from Chrome Webstore
  3. Go to Chrome/Opera Extension folder on your PC
  4. Go to folder "pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc" (Evernote Webclipper Extension) and identify last version folder of EWE
  5. In Brave preferences, enable an extension you do not plan to use otherwise (e.g. "Honey" or "Pocket"...)
  6. On your PC, go to the Brave Extension folder
  7. Identify the folder corresponding to "Honey" or "Pocket" (or some other extension you plan to substitute)
  8. Find last version folder of extension (e.g. "10.7.2"), and rename it (e.g. "10.7.2_old")
  9. Copy and paste the version folder from 4) into the extension folder from 7) and rename it exactly as the original extension folder (e.g. "10.7.2")
  10. Exit and restart Brave > et Voilà!

Note1: It's possible you don't see any icon where it should be (right upper corner in Brave). Don't worry, it's there, but for some reason it's invisible

Note2: Every time the Brave extension you are "usurpating" gets an update, you need to redo all these steps. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I've been almost always using Brave for a month on any device I have (iOS/iPhone/iPad, Mac, and Android smartphone) and I only stopped using it when I needed to webclip to Evernote. Please create a easy to use Evernote webclipper for Brave browser.

Clearly neither Evernote nor Brave have the inclination of providing a web clipper. Is it because Brave will not track your every movement? Is such a browser a threat to Evernote? I’m struggling to understand the long delay. Not happy Jan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

I’m struggling to understand the long delay. Not happy Jan.

Evernote needs to be convinced this is a worthwhile project: Development work costs money, and takes resources from other projects.

Of course your happiness is important, but will this work translate into a financial return for Evernote?

On 5/26/2016 at 5:05 AM, kilolo said:

Evernote suggest to post here... and has been for over 2 years ... and we waiting for a little stupid plugin ... i am done with evernote ... 100 useless features and a simple extension cant be produced .... WAKE UP ENteam!!!

where is the response from the evernote team ??????    brainstorming on more useless features instead of something simple that we need?

I like Thomas Gögele's work-around idea, but he 'usurps' Chrome.  But I'm a Mac user (iPad, iPhone and iMac).  Will this work-around operate using Safari?

On 5/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, tassiecelt said:

Clearly neither Evernote nor Brave have the inclination of providing a web clipper. Is it because Brave will not track your every movement? Is such a browser a threat to Evernote? I’m struggling to understand the long delay. Not happy Jan.

Good questions. Evernote integration desperately needed and until it is we cannot use Brave. More people to Brave as it is clear that Mozilla (most surprisingly being an open source project) is manifesting the same "culture" now as Google. Brave can capitalise on this but it needs to be fully fledged

On 5/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, tassiecelt said:

Good questions. Evernote integration desperately needed and until it is we cannot use Brave. More people to Brave as it is clear that Mozilla (most surprisingly being an open source project) is manifesting the same "culture" now as Google. Brave can capitalise on this but it needs to be fully fledged

I would also like to see Evernote on Brave browser.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm perplexed by all these posts, especially those urging Evernote to create a Clipper implementation for Brave.

(Maybe it's because most of these posts are old?)

Under the current Dev Build (BRAVE) there should, as far as I know, be no problem installing the Clipper because it thinks it's installing in Chrome. 

Or is there something about the Clipper that makes it different from other browser extensions?