• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Omnes

Evernote Sticky Notes - activation link problem

Idea

Hi
Few weeks ago I have started using Evernote Sticky Notes. Everything was fine till last weekend, when the app failed to sync on one of my laptops. To deal with that I deleted my user account connection and tried to request new activation link from Evernote, but after clicking  button, only thing, which I got is error: Remote server returned an error (411) length required.
I have tried to reinstall Sticky Notes, uninstall and clean register, uninstall, clean register and install older version of Sticky Notes, and nothing is working. Requests for activation from Google or Dropbox are working.
Anyone have any good advice?

1 person likes this

35 replies to this idea

15 hours ago, Cheche said:

Hey guys,

I am having the same problem, I just installed the sticky notes today and I am having trouble activating it. Any help please.

Thanks

Hi - please read the thread.  This is not an Evernote product and the original developer no longer seems active.

@Cheche Did You try what turbobal wrote above? This is the only workable solution/help I know. But until now I couldn't do it because my PC-"expert" wasn't at my home yet.

Good luck -Cruller-

Sorry, simply cannot understand why some people cannot accept that freeware apps are something nobody has any right to expect time and money being spent on by the original developers. 

If I am dead concerned for an app to go and on I have to encourage the originator to keep it going. Seemingly all 'taking it for granted' or put more bluntly adapted from a bygone advertising slogan by Mediamarkt.de and now used in everyday German Geiz ist geil - (as long as it does not affect my pay cheque or working hours)- Google will translate if require- is a world-wide syndrome in the "better off countries".

Anybody aware ot the policies of Microsoft as regards the future of 32-bit apps will not waste his/her time, let alone money because the days when Microsoft will enforce "Store" are not too far away. 

Going by the latest Evernote beta I see no hope for stickies being an immediate enhancement. A calendar app such as Google calendar serves my needs, synchro included, Evernote web clipper the 'saviour'.

As they say 'always look on the bright side of things....'

1 person likes this

The software isn't working because Evernote changed their API and the developer of Sticky Notes didn't update their application to work with an updated API. I have reverse-engineered the Sticky notes software and managed to get it working again. I will post the updated software to my blog in a day or two, because I am preoccupied with work right now. I will also post a link to the updated software in this thread.

1 person likes this

The reason for the user account activation issues and the “The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required” error message is an outdated OAuth library DLL file which resides in the Evernote Sticky Notes application installation folder. I have de-compiled it, updated the code inside and re-compiled it. Evernote Sticky Notes is now able to correctly communicate with the Evernote server and complete the activation / authorization process.

I am offering an updated OAuth library DLL file to the public on my blog, together with detailed instructions so even less computer savvy users can repair their Sticky Notes. An updated OAuth library DLL file is compatible with the latest version of Evernote Sticky Notes, that is v1.5.9. 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to outside sources in this thread, so I encourage you to manually search for it on google - "evernote sticky notes error 411 getgui".

1 person likes this

2 people like this

On 14.5.2017 at 0:58 PM, Sushi1808 said:

I encourage you to manually search for it on google - "evernote sticky notes error 411 getgui".

Thank You very much for Your work and help.

1 person likes this

Same here.

Sticky Note was one of the main reasons I have subscribed to Evernote payable service. If this is not solved or replaced by similiar product, I'm out. :-(

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Rudy3 said:

Same here.

Sticky Note was one of the main reasons I have subscribed to Evernote payable service. If this is not solved or replaced by similiar product, I'm out. :-(

The posts above yours include a fix for this non-Evernote issue.