• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Mcy2016

Is there a way to perfectly migrate all notes from one account to another?

40 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, kdm173 said:

How can I do it

I tried to attach a 60 MB File and it is refused. Max size would be 0.49 MB

Store it in Evernote.  Generate a public url 

21 minutes ago, kdm173 said:

You could perhaps make things easier by finding a note that did not import, and export that. Then that note's .ENEX file can be examined. Otherwise, anyone trying to figure out what's going on needs to guess at which notes are problematic. Plus, anyone who imports the whole thing doesn't get polluted by your many tags.

I added the failures to the dropbox folder 

I added the failures to the folder

46 minutes ago, kdm173 said:

I added the failures to the dropbox folder 

I'm importing your failure.enex files on my Mac.  I'm getting notes

sorry - I could not import the failures

11 hours ago, kdm173 said:

Just exported all notes from another machine with windows 10 without errors and imported on another machine and again:

11:07:41 [7056] Problem report: Import Error: CANT_SET_NOTE_TAG

I have recently received this same error.  After cleanup I retried the import and it died at a different note count.  EN is working the trouble ticket.  This isn't a good one since if it is specific to the EN processes it impacts the integrity of the backups.  :mellow:

1 person likes this

Some infos for debugging:

Windows 10 german home (exporting maschine) and pro (importing maschine)

Chrome with evernote clipper

Just in case you have corrupted notes in your original account, there are some advanced features in Evernote accessible via CTRL&click on the 'Help' menu, including features like 'fix all notes', 'fill all resources' etc. I've never resorted to these but they look useful for checking the integrity of your notes prior to export. YMMV of course.

4 hours ago, Alan Rew said:

Just in case you have corrupted notes in your original account, there are some advanced features in Evernote accessible via CTRL&click on the 'Help' menu, including features like 'fix all notes', 'fill all resources' etc. I've never resorted to these but they look useful for checking the integrity of your notes prior to export. YMMV of course.

Good suggestion, but I don't think this is a note integrity issue.  I have tried to load the same ENEX file multiple times and it dies with different note counts.  Hopefully will hear something from EN this week as to what the issue is.  This has worked in the past for me with large notebook sizes, but not now.  This is critical since it is the only way to back up local notebooks and also the only way to have a backup in case one accidentally deletes a note from a synced notebook.

I repaired database, deleted links without note and so on. Than I tried again to export and import and again I am missing notes and have a failure report like before.

Thank you for teaching us about this hidden menu for future issues. For the actual one it did not solve the problem.

I updated all apps to the newest  Version and tried again. Same problem

Edited by kdm173
new infos

2 hours ago, kdm173 said:

Thank you for teaching us about this hidden menu for future issues.

The hidden menu is hidden because the operations it offers are generally for use when tech support is trying to diagnose / fix a specific problem. They might have a noticeable effect, they might not.