REQUEST: Evernote for Linux

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

...But for us recent Windows converts,  installing a new app varies wildly from one provider to another.  One app just required a right-click to install itself.  Another download was completely self-contained.  This one confusingly informs me:

@klaussinani klaussinani released this on 20 May · 4 commits to master since this release

There's no obvious 'download' link but by puttering around a little I can find a ZIP file - that I have no idea what to do with...  Linux is very much like learning Welsh (though it has more vowels)... :wacko:

EDIT: (after some googling)  Ahah! Of course!  I should have known!  Install Snap and use the Snap Store to download and install Tusk! (#?!@@##gh!) 

Just download the appropriate tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage file for your architecture.

make the file executable:

$ chmod +x tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage

and run it

$ ./tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage

Thanks for the info Echoreflection. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, arklite52 said:

Just download the appropriate tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage file for your architecture.

make the file executable:

$ chmod +x tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage

and run it

$ ./tusk.0.23.0-XX.AppImage

See - I understood all those words - just not necessarily the order in which they came...  Linux has a long learning curve for me;  I'm using Mint which is a very Windows-like UI.  That might be part of the problem,  because in the cases where I get to open a terminal window and type hieroglyphics I really miss the simple download / install clicks from Windows.  Anyhoo.  Thanks for the help.  Tusk now installed.  I can play!  (Sorry for sideswiping the thread :blush:)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Vectrex71 said:

If you could find a .EXE from Evernote. So I'm sure, it would work with WINE the windows environment for Linux. As far as I know, there is no exe file. Only that Windows10 ***** Software Store. Or am I wrong!? 

You are incorrect. The standard Evernote for Windows is a .exe, and you can get its installer from the evernote.com main page. Look for "Download app" at the bottom of the page.Clicking that link, at least on Windows, downloads the installer. This is not a store app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1