Is Evernote having some issues right now? 10/8/2024

I'm having some issues pulling up documents on multiple devices, the client seems to be having trouble loading as well. Also their whole website has been down a few times already. Is anyone else having issues with EN today?

As in right now.... I've just updated the client to 10.110 and each note open is taking around 7 seconds to open no matter the size.

Was thinking it was the client update, maybe something else if also web?

1 minute ago, Jon/t said:

As in right now.... I've just updated the client to 10.110 and each note open is taking around 7 seconds to open no matter the size.

Was thinking it was the client update, maybe something else if also web?

Yeah... it's pretty freaking bad right now. I mean the client is unusable in this state. Perhaps if you have some way of finding out what's going on through your Expert channels I think we'd all really appreciate it!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Yeah... it's pretty freaking bad right now. I mean the client is unusable in this state. Perhaps if you have some way of finding out what's going on through your Expert channels I think we'd all really appreciate it!

I've just added a bug. Difficult to know if its a server or client side thing. Will wait to hear back.

2 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Ok I can't even load the web client.

Probably server side then.

Yeah getting a 503 on the web app. Hopefully they are working on this... it's late in Italy, but you can't have a product with a broad userbase in the US and have a server outage when it's 2PM on the East Coast and just let it wait for tomorrow.

Yeah getting a 503 on the web app. Hopefully they are working on this... it's late in Italy, but you can't have a product with a broad userbase in the US and have a server outage when it's 2PM on the East Coast and just let it wait for tomorrow.

Server side then... My bug has been noticed and the right folks have been flagged. Some poor soul being dragged out of an Italian bar to reboot something ;)

Server side then... My bug has been noticed and the right folks have been flagged. Some poor soul being dragged out of an Italian bar to reboot something ;)

I figured lmao.... some 25 year old kid is probably out drinking right now and has to run back to the office. 😂

Out of curiosity how do you report bugs and get them flagged right away?

1 minute ago, mackid1993 said:

Out of curiosity how do you report bugs and get them flagged right away?

There's an area in the Evernote Experts channel where bugs can be posted and devs have access.

I think the thinking behind it is that the experts tend to use the app like all the time so if anything happens someone will notice quickly.

2 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

There's an area in the Evernote Experts channel where bugs can be posted and devs have access.

I think the thinking behind it is that the experts tend to use the app like all the time so if anything happens someone will notice quickly.

It would be nice if they'd have that same level of engagement with the rest of the forum. It seems that the rageposting is abating finally so some interaction from the devs outside of the experts forum would be nice to see. Perhaps you guys could advocate for that again. Federico was on here all of the time and then suddenly stopped.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Still super duper broken, no communication from EN on X. Nothing on the Bug Tracker either.

I've had a reply from a couple of other experts who report no issues so I don't think it's widespread. 

Just finished dinner here so will try a log out / on and a reboot again in a bit. 

I've had a reply from a couple of other experts who report no issues so I don't think it's widespread. 

Just finished dinner here so will try a log out / on and a reboot again in a bit. 

Could be a GCP issue for the region I'm in.

28 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It actually just seems like it's insanely slow. Things eventually do load...

I've heard from a dev and have sent my logs in so hopefully they'll look at it.

Just now, Jon/t said:

I've heard from a dev and have sent my logs in so hopefully they'll look at it.

Thanks. It's slow from the hotspot on my phone too. The desktop client is primarily having issues loading attachments, the web app will only load 25% of the time.

9 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Thanks. It's slow from the hotspot on my phone too. The desktop client is primarily having issues loading attachments, the web app will only load 25% of the time.

I've tried log out and back in again and a reboot and the same on Windows. Doesn't seem to be widespread though as its only me reporting it on the channel. Logs are in.

2 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

I've tried log out and back in again and a reboot and the same on Windows. Doesn't seem to be widespread though as its only me reporting it on the channel. Logs are in.

Has anyone tried the webapp. More than half the time it won't load. It's absolutely not a cache issue. I've confirmed on different devices, browsers and internet connections.

2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I just tried and logged right in, so not an across the board problem.

Very strange, must only be either certain accounts or certain regions.

• Sad 1
Just now, mackid1993 said:

Very strange, must only be either certain accounts or certain regions.

I'm in the UK so it could be something account or shard  based. I tried both my professional accounts and had the same but the android app is working fine for me. 

7 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

I'm in the UK so it could be something account or shard  based. I tried both my professional accounts and had the same but the android app is working fine for me. 

I just opened a ticket. I'm thinking it's something to do with my account. If you could perhaps share it with them so it gets looked at it I'd really appreciate it. The ticket number is #4016018. I finally captured web logs so when I get the email I'm going to reply back with a web activity log as well.

• Like 1

My PC and Web client work fine.

Even checked videos on web client, they load immediately. Location: Middle East (have no idea where server is).

2 cents: EN is not redirecting clients to  other working server. If you connected to local server and its down, tough luck.

What if you opened VPN and choose other location? Try Middle East or Easter Europe.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I just opened a ticket. I'm thinking it's something to do with my account. If you could perhaps share it with them so it gets looked at it I'd really appreciate it. The ticket number is #4016018. I finally captured web logs so when I get the email I'm going to reply back with a web activity log as well.

I'm in Central BC Canada, and using Evernote for Business or Teams or what ever they are calling it now. One of my users Evernote Teams Windows Desktop running 10.107.3-win-ddl-public is having the same problem, as I am. Very slow to load notes, and adding tags to notes. 

I lied, it worked for a second.

Yeah, same here. Pretty sure it'll be the morning now. I'm about to shut down for the day.

Hopefully something will reboot during the night.

Just now, Jon/t said:

Yeah, same here. Pretty sure it'll be the morning now. I'm about to shut down for the day.

Hopefully something will reboot during the night.

No worries, thanks!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

I just killed my local db and that seemed to fix the client.

By killing, do you mean deleting the local database?  If yes, did you try just logging off and back on first?

7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

By killing, do you mean deleting the local database?  If yes, did you try just logging off and back on first?

No, I lit my database on fire. jk. No I deleted it. I tried logging out and back in but it was still sluggish. Their AI response to my ticket was hysterical. It suggested I try opening a ticket!! No joke!

image.thumb.png.b0a14cb9c36af18ad2806eb32d01b059.png

• Haha 2
  • Level 5*

Their AI response to my ticket was hysterical. It suggested I try opening a ticket!! No joke!

🙂 Maybe let them via feedback that #1 is a bit redundant..

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

🙂 Maybe let them via feedback that #1 is a bit redundant..

I let them know via my existing ticket that they can ignore now but I'd rather let them triage given how ***** support has been.

@Jon/t is everything back to normal for you today as well?

No. Still the same here and I've done a reinstall and sent more logs and a video in.

I think I'm an edge case as no one else is reporting what I see. Hopefully the devs can nail it down.

I'm travelling right now so this is all on my laptop. Will be interesting to see if my desktop is the same when I get back.

All working for you?

4 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

No. Still the same here and I've done a reinstall and sent more logs and a video in.

I think I'm an edge case as no one else is reporting what I see. Hopefully the devs can nail it down.

I'm travelling right now so this is all on my laptop. Will be interesting to see if my desktop is the same when I get back.

All working for you?

As you said that the webapp is broken again. Desktop is fine

@Jon/t My work account is totally fine. Personal account still won't load on web. Support hasn't said a word to me. It's clearly my shard/account. If there is anything you can do with your connections to get my case looked at I'd really appreciate it. 

Edit: Desktop app is back to being sluggish again like yesterday.

36 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

@Jon/t My work account is totally fine. Personal account still won't load on web. Support hasn't said a word to me. It's clearly my shard/account. If there is anything you can do with your connections to get my case looked at I'd really appreciate it. 

Edit: Desktop app is back to being sluggish again like yesterday.

Just added your ticket number to my report in case it's the same thing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jon/t said:

Just added your ticket number to my report in case it's the same thing. 

Thanks. I also tweeted just in case it helps get them to wake up. Support is really abysmal when you need them still. If this continues I might message Gianluigi on the forum since this is clearly account related. When I get back to my desk I'm going to test my work account from my home computer to confirm. 

Edit: Now I can't test because the webapp is loading again. I can't tell if it's fixed or just a very intermittent issue.

It's happening again. Confirmed that it happens on my personal account, but my work account is fine on the same machine. Webapp doesn't load on my personal account but is just fine on my work account. Support brushed me off:

Amelia, Evernote Support Team (Evernote Help and Learning)

Oct 10, 2024, 15:30 GMT+2

Hello David,

Thank you for your patience.

We understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't working as expected and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Rest assured, your concern has been noted and reported to our Performance team. It's a team focused on improving performance throughout the product. While we may not have an immediate solution at hand, please know that we're working hard to prevent any such issues from arising in the future. Enhancing the user experience of Evernote remains a top priority for us. 

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Your feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us improve our product and provide a better experience for all our users.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Warm regards,

Amelia, Evernote Support Team

24 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It seems to happen during the day and clear up by the evening. Too weird. Maybe @Jon/t doesn't see that because my evening he is sleeping!

Could be. I'm still seeing the same all the time on my desktop. May of found one other person the same so hoping they send in logs.

Back from travelling tomorrow so will update my main PC and see if its the same there.

• Like 1

Could be. I'm still seeing the same all the time on my desktop. May of found one other person the same so hoping they send in logs.

Back from travelling tomorrow so will update my main PC and see if its the same there.

Yeah, like right now I literally can't use Evernote. Support doesn't seem to care at all.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Yeah, like right now I literally can't use Evernote. Support doesn't seem to care at all.

The response you had about the performance team having hold of it matches with what I've seen... the devs have been flagged about it.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

The response you had about the performance team having hold of it matches with what I've seen... the devs have been flagged about it.

It's very hard to tell when they are just using customer service talk and writing it off and actually looking into it. Since this has been going on for days I reached out to the only dev contact I have hoping they can help...

5 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

This happens with attachments in the mobile app too, just a spinning circle unless the note is downloaded.

It's odd. My android app is fine but both my professional accounts on desktop have issues. Will keep adding logs and comments. 

10 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

It's odd. My android app is fine but both my professional accounts on desktop have issues. Will keep adding logs and comments. 

Create a note with an attachment on desktop, then try to access that new note on Mobile. You'll likely find that it will take a while to actually load that attachment.

Edit: @Jon/t I confirmed my other account paid for by my job is totally fine!

16 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Create a note with an attachment on desktop, then try to access that new note on Mobile. You'll likely find that it will take a while to actually load that attachment.

Just tested that and worked as expected. Almost instantly appeared on mobile. Not found a pattern yet.

5 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Just tested that and worked as expected. Almost instantly appeared on mobile. Not found a pattern yet.

Yeah, all of the sudden web started loading again the the app is snappy now. It's so weird! For a couple of hours it doesn't work, then suddenly it's normal... then it stops working and it's only affecting certain accounts. The hell is wrong lol!

Edit: Now it's borked again.

@Jon/t I may have found another report on Reddit, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Evernote/comments/1g0orl2/evernote_for_web_wont_load_in_chrome_based/ I also pinged you on Reddit as well. I asked them to post their ticket # in the thread so hopefully that can be added to the case as the symptoms seem quite similar. This user is on Linux so they only have access to EN web and it's not loading for them. They claim it loads in Firefox but that could also be cache.

Edit: their ticket is #4017599

• Like 1

An EN person posted yesterday on Twitter asking for feedback on a proposed feature (unrelated to the issue you're experiencing). In the post, they asked for "high quality answers." Wouldn't it be great if subscribers received the same type of high-quality answers, instead of the cheapest garbage AI responses (or no response at all) to bugs and problems?

Just an observation. Probably gonna trigger some people with it, though.

• Like 1
Just now, thefryhole said:

An EN person posted yesterday on Twitter asking for feedback on a proposed feature (unrelated to the issue you're experiencing). In the post, they asked for "high quality answers." Wouldn't it be great if subscribers received the same type of high-quality answers, instead of the cheapest garbage AI responses (or no response at all) to bugs and problems?

Just an observation. Probably gonna trigger some people with it, though.

This isn't a bug, this is a server side outage that they need to acknowledge.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LaFlamme said:

Throwing my hat in. This issue just started for me today. Can't load EN in Brave or Chromium. Weirdly, it opens in Firefox. My ticket: #4017599

I'm also noticing at various times it'll load normally and the native apps will work normally as well... then it will stop working again and the native apps will have issues with certain attachments that are likely not cached offline.

Pretty freaked out this evening... EN  had updated on Android but an update on the Web version "hung" at around 33%.I had to "force close" EN. On restating EN, the Web version loaded but showed NO NOTES AT ALL! So glad to have found you guys on this Forum so at least things may recover when the tech guys get their act sorted.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe they are doing something... instead of constant 503's I'm seeing this now quite a bit.image.thumb.png.c1b567be13a88284c4ef7355b3e691c3.png

I'm not even getting that far. My animation just stays and stays. Although if I leave it long enough, this is probably what I'll see. It looks familiar from past problems.

Just now, LaFlamme said:

I'm not even getting that far. My animation just stays and stays. Although if I leave it long enough, this is probably what I'll see. It looks familiar from past problems.

I'm seeing this over and over again in my activity log:

Error: Unable to run autoResolverForType_Promotion resolver without a valid GraphDB
    at t.validateDB

I'm wondering if you're seeing the same thing? I see it has a few retries built in and then fails.

Just now, Steve Hedge said:

U.K. - 10/10/2024 On line search for EN Status gave this:

EN Status 101024.PNG

Well, that's something. I have a tech trying to help me troubleshoot the issue — clearing cache and all that — but if this is a global issue, it's probably a matter of waiting it out.

If you click the link though, you'll see this:

image.png.6a9cecdedaed8d5ed57bfc642712ae37.png

Looks like the text below "Evernote Status" on the Google search was from September 11th. Probably some kind of caching issue with Google.

FWIW - I'm not having any issues with Evernote Web at the moment (but I don't use it a whole lot either).

Just now, Boot17 said:

If you click the link though, you'll see this:

image.png.6a9cecdedaed8d5ed57bfc642712ae37.png

Looks like the text below "Evernote Status" on the Google search was from September 11th. Probably some kind of caching issue with Google.

FWIW - I'm not having any issues with Evernote Web at the moment (but I don't use it a whole lot either).

Here's the thing... it's not just a web client issue. It also affects loading anything in the desktop client. Notes will take several seconds to open, certain attachments a minute or two. Then it starts working normally again, then it doesn't. It's also only certain accounts, it's not widespread. Right now it JUST started working normally. Whether they fixed it or it's just intermittent I do not know.

Just now, LaFlamme said:

Well, that adds a new wrinkle. What a strange one.

Check and see if it's working for you now... it's been intermittent so I have no idea if it's fixed or will break again in 15 mins but it just started working for me.... hopefully it's not a mirage this time.

Check and see if it's working for you now... it's been intermittent so I have no idea if it's fixed or will break again in 15 mins but it just started working for me.... hopefully it's not a mirage this time.

Just cleared cache, rebooted and tried again. No luck. Still working in Firefox, though.

8 minutes ago, LaFlamme said:

I have a tech trying to help me troubleshoot the issue — clearing cache and all that — but if this is a global issue, it's probably a matter of waiting it out.

Are you sure that's not the initial AI response to the ticket? If so you must respond to it or the ticket will be closed. 

3 minutes ago, LaFlamme said:

Yeah, seems like it has to be related.

Well I just noticed when the webapp loaded for me the customizations I made to the sidebar were reverted. Perhaps that is a good sign that some poor 25 year-old has been working late instead of drinking with friends in a Milan nightclub....

It's almost 11 PM there...

Just now, mackid1993 said:

Well I just noticed when the webapp loaded for me the customizations I made to the sidebar were reverted. Perhaps that is a good sign that some poor 25 year-old has been working late instead of drinking with friends in a Milan nightclub....

I'll personally buy him a... whatever they drink in Milan... if he can clear this up.

• Haha 1

Just a question, have you tried:

a) A different device

b) a different internet connection ie. a mobile hotspot

just rule those things out. In my case I did that. I also have a second account for work, I confirmed that my main account had issues but the work account was just fine. Maybe make a burner Free account to test.

Just a question, have you tried:

a) A different device

b) a different internet connection ie. a mobile hotspot

just rule those things out. In my case I did that. I also have a second account for work, I confirmed that my main account had issues but the work account was just fine. Maybe make a burner Free account to test.

I can try on both different machines and different wifi account. I'll do that.

• Like 1

yeah, not even launching for me, in win 11 24h2, if i try to open, it ramps the cpu to 100% for a couple minutes and then, nothing. As soon as i can export my notes i'm going over to onenote for good. getting pretty tired of the limitations, the intrusive pop-ups and the incessant spiel to get an upgrade.

Just now, LaFlamme said:

Well, huh. Works on a laptop on the same wifi account. Now that's strange.

On the laptop, I have a version of Brave that's one update older. So, it looks like Chrome's latest update may have broken things. In my situation, anyway.

Just now, LaFlamme said:

On the laptop, I have a version of Brave that's one update older. So, it looks like Chrome's latest update may have broken things. In my situation, anyway.

I use Vivaldi which runs a little behind on Chromium versions... maybe try that to test.

Here's the thing... it's not just a web client issue. It also affects loading anything in the desktop client. Notes will take several seconds to open, certain attachments a minute or two. Then it starts working normally again, then it doesn't. It's also only certain accounts, it's not widespread. Right now it JUST started working normally. Whether they fixed it or it's just intermittent I do not know.

I was replying to the comment that showed a Google search saying that "Evernote is currently down". I mentioned that information was old and that it worked for me on web to also show that it wasn't down for everyone.

1 minute ago, Boot17 said:

I was replying to the comment that showed a Google search saying that "Evernote is currently down". I mentioned that information was old and that it worked for me on web to also show that it wasn't down for everyone.

I'm aware of that. I did say that it is not a widespread issue and it's only affecting certain accounts. That status page is useless, they hardly update it.

So it's back to normal since about 4:30 PM EST... it started pretty slow and slowly got more responsive. Hopefully they fixed it, but this also happened yesterday and it cr*pped out again. What makes me think they fixed it was the changes to the sidebar in the webapp that I made being set back to defaults.

So, this problem persists for me in Chrome based browsers and yet when I open a private window, it opens, albeit sluggishly. Normally this makes me think it's an issue with an extension, but I haven't added any in a long time and anyway, one of the browsers I've tried has barely any extensions at all. Further mystery. I keep hoping for browser updates to see if that will fix it, but none have been forthcoming.

1 hour ago, LaFlamme said:

So, this problem persists for me in Chrome based browsers and yet when I open a private window, it opens, albeit sluggishly. Normally this makes me think it's an issue with an extension, but I haven't added any in a long time and anyway, one of the browsers I've tried has barely any extensions at all. Further mystery. I keep hoping for browser updates to see if that will fix it, but none have been forthcoming.

If it opens in a private window ok it will be something to do with either temporary files cache, extensions or profile. 

Have you tried clearing out all your temporary files and clearing all Evernote data from the browser ?

21 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

If it opens in a private window ok it will be something to do with either temporary files cache, extensions or profile. 

Have you tried clearing out all your temporary files and clearing all Evernote data from the browser ?

I did clear data from one of the browsers but it didn't have any effect. Because of that I didn't try it in the other browser. I guess if it's still acting up in the morning, I'll take another swing at clearing Evernote data and all of that. Still hoping that a browser update will solve it. It's happened in the past a couple times. 

Have not been able to drag and drop attachments since October 10. Seems like right after the update, I have been unable to perform this task. Mac Version 10.110.4

I have reinstalled EN, from the EN Website, used different browsers, and restarted computer. Nothing works.

• Level 5

Had some issues on opening the web client now: Slow, at first didn't load notes.

It got better after I clicked on the browsers refresh button. It still takes a few seconds when I switch between notes, which is annoying.

No such thing on the Mac desktop client - there it's snappy. It updated itself to 10.110.5 an hour ago.

• Like 1
Just now, PinkElephant said:

Had some issues on opening the web client now: Slow, at first didn't load notes.

It got better after I clicked on the browsers refresh button. It still takes a few seconds when I switch between notes, which is annoying.

Is super weird. It'll be fine, and then I'll get a 503 and the desktop client has issues with attachments loading. It's driving me nuts. I'm at the point where I'm pinging them on social media daily. It also doesn't help that I've been home sick so I'm bored! 😭

Broken again today... @Jon/t have you heard anything from them?

Yes. 10.110.5 has just come out and fixed all the lag issues I was having. 

I've just got back home so will boot up the main PC and try the web out.

Had another dose of COVID the other week and endless episodes of Deep Space Nine kept me sane :)

3 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Yes. 10.110.5 has just come out and fixed all the lag issues I was having. 

I've just got back home so will boot up the main PC and try the web out.

Had another dose of COVID the other week and endless episodes of Deep Space Nine kept me sane :)

Strange the webapp is still broken for me and I'm still having issues with attachments loading in 10.110.5. Support isn't answering me, they aren't answering me on socials... it only affects my account and I'm at a complete loss.

Strange the webapp is still broken for me and I'm still having issues with attachments loading in 10.110.5. Support isn't answering me, they aren't answering me on socials... it only affects my account and I'm at a complete loss.

I've just tested the web on Edge and Vivaldi and all working OK here on two PCs.

Anything odd in the developer console?

I take it you've tried in a new profile and private window?