Searching for notes with voice recordings

Go to solution Solved by ChristianJB,

Super excited about the just launched transcription of voice recordings. Is there a way to search for all notes with a recording?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, shekala said:

Super excited about the just launched transcription of voice recordings. Is there a way to search for all notes with a recording?

Thanks!

The transcription quality is indeed impressive, even with poor audio in a noisy environment 🙂

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, eric99 said:

The transcription quality is indeed impressive, even with poor audio in a noisy environment 🙂

As an experiment, i recorded a news bulletin, transcribed it and finally summarized it, all done with evernotes AI. Both the transcribed text and its summary are of excellent quality.

Did you use the Android app? Got 10.94.1 and after pressing "transcribe" it does nothing but showing a spinning circle. No matter what audio file. 🤔

Just found out myself. Pressing "transcribe" online gives an output when in edit mode...which is logical. It should not react when in view mode, little glitch here. Impressive quality of the transcription 👍🏻

• Like 2

It seems there may be a synchronization issue causing intermittent transcriptions in Welsh. While my accent is Northern UK, it should not be misinterpreted to that extent LOL. Reflectnotes App faced a similar challenge when it initially introduced transcription functionality.

On 6/27/2024 at 7:46 AM, ChristianJB said:

in notes view there is a filter -> "Contains" - "Audio".

This filter shows many files that come from WhatApp (extension is .ogg). It's not possible to transcribe it 😞
If I record a new audio, it gets an extension .webm and transcription works OK (not tested so much 😉)

Does anyone know which audio formats are supported and how to convert unsupported to .webm easily?

• Level 5

A fast search brought a ton of services that offer conversion into webm online. It depends on the format in which the original audio was stored which service to select. 

Maybe this one has the broadest range of possible start formats:

https://www.freeconvert.com/webm-converter

It is up to anybody’s preferences if they want to use an online service for this job.

21 hours ago, AlbertR said:

This filter shows many files that come from WhatApp (extension is .ogg). It's not possible to transcribe it 😞
If I record a new audio, it gets an extension .webm and transcription works OK (not tested so much 😉)

Does anyone know which audio formats are supported and how to convert unsupported to .webm easily?

it works with mp3 too

• Level 5

The iOS client produces .m4a - files when recording Audio. Trying Transcription leads to a Transcription Error.

So either it can't transcribe it's own recordings - or we have another example of the total lack of QA when delivering releases.

• Evernote Expert

I believe that the audio transcription is being released slowly so quite possibly it hasn't arrived with you yet.

On 7/1/2024 at 9:50 AM, Pete Lucas said:

I can record audio but how do i transcribe? Is the reason because I only have a personal subscription?  

When it becomes available to you, you'll see a button on the audio file object in the note. 

Screenshot_20240702_202216_Evernote.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 4:52 PM, AKARJLUK said:

It seems there may be a synchronisation issue causing intermittent transcriptions in Welsh. While my accent is Northern UK, it should not be misinterpreted to that extent LOL. Reflectnotes App faced a similar challenge when it initially introduced transcription functionality.

Still intermittent welsh...as a test i recorded a voice note played it to evernote = welsh

Played it to Obsidian, reflect, just press record, audiopen = english.

We need to ability to specify the translation language of facility is unreliable resulting on 3rd party app being needed.,

• 3 weeks later...

IOS EN intermittently still thinks both myself ( north of England) and BBC news reader ( queens english) are speaking welsh. Makes audio transcription totally useless as it can not be relied on.

Downloading the audio file then uploading to "another" transcription app results in English text.

Conclusion transcription engine used by EN needs language selection function?

Cue comments telling me to speak slower...clearer....in a different accent......

Reported to EN support 2 weeks ago - no response whatever.