The Biggest New Features in Evernote in Recent Months

10.76 -> Paid Features Released to Free Users
10.79 -> Slash Commands (/), Calendar View, and Outlook Calendar
10.80 -> Collapsible Sections (Headings and Lists)
10.81 -> AI Editing and Hide Command Bar (/)
10.82 -> Linked Note Creation with Slash Command (/)
10.83 -> Headings and Lists in Slash Command (/)
10.85  -> Files Section, Links to Titles, and Index
10.86  -> New Tasks Section
  *10.86 (Android)  -> New Mobile Layout
10.87  -> Tasks & Calendar, New Authentication, New Sharing
10.91  -> Quote Block, Code Block, and @ Shortcut
10.92  -> Pin Notes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'm obviously being completely stupid here but how do I pin a note to a notebook. I've looked in all the sensible places. Is this another  "10.92.3 allows you to do this but you can't do it until we randomly switch it on for you in several weeks time"?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I'm obviously being completely stupid here but how do I pin a note to a notebook. I've looked in all the sensible places. Is this another  "10.92.3 allows you to do this but you can't do it until we randomly switch it on for you in several weeks time"?

Should be in the right click menu for notes. Might need a log out and in again to get it going.

image.png.64bf421feedc3df652b971e9dcc24a42.png

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Should be in the right click menu for notes. Might need a log out and in again to get it going.

Signed in and out, still not there.

image.png.48f53b2d083585a3c2e8f338f28d124c.png

17 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Signed in and out, still not there.

There's a call in a bit and I'll ask. Maybe a rollout thing going on again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Jon/t said:

There's a call in a bit and I'll ask. Maybe a rollout thing going on again.

It is released and they didn't say it was a slow rollout. I have noticed that some new features that are not on roll out can take a few hours to arrive. Not sure if its some sort of caching thing going on. See if its there in the morning. Seriously useful feature!

• Thanks 2

You mean, pin a note on the homepage? Where have I seen that before? Ohh yeah, in the Widgets, which used to be the home screen.

The feature is not working on mobile, even with the option available...

6 minutes ago, Akos_M said:

You mean, pin a note on the homepage? Where have I seen that before? Ohh yeah, in the Widgets, which used to be the home screen.

No. You'll be able to pin multiple notes to each notebook.

9 minutes ago, LAM in SC said:

I can't get the pin to notebook feature either.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app for Windows and still no "pin to notebook" option.

Give it a day or two as it sounds like its being rolled out in stages.

Em 14/06/2024 at 08:12, Jon/t disse:

Give it a day or two as it sounds like its being rolled out in stages.

The option appeared for me today in the menu after right-clicking on a note. The detail is that it only appears when you are inside a notebook. It does not appear in the all notes option.

52 minutes ago, Cristiano478 said:

The detail is that it only appears when you are inside a notebook. It does not appear in the all notes option.

Agreed. I made some other observations here:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Cristiano478 said:

The detail is that it only appears when you are inside a notebook. It does not appear in the all notes option.

I guess that explains why I couldn't see the option! 🤦‍♂️

How stupid is it, to announce a new feature in the "What's new" for the version you just upgraded to, but not actually make that new feature available, or at least mention in the release notes that it's a staged rollout..

Seriously confusing!!

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Pete_I said:

How stupid is it, to announce a new feature in the "What's new" for the version you just upgraded to, but not actually make that new feature available, or at least mention in the release notes that it's a staged rollout..

Seriously confusing!!

Hi.  No idea what you're talking about...

• Level 5

@Pete_I If it was a staged rollout, it ramped up quick.

Note that your computer may need a restart to activate the feature. Plus you need to have a notebook selected to make it show in the dropdown menu - while in "All Notes" mode it won't show.

21 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  No idea what you're talking about...

Really? I thought what I wrote was self-explanatory

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@Pete_I If it was a staged rollout, it ramped up quick.

Note that your computer may need a restart to activate the feature. Plus you need to have a notebook selected to make it show in the dropdown menu - while in "All Notes" mode it won't show.

Thanks, yeah, done all of that and still not showing, so the rollout may not be as quick for some of us. I'm OK with staged rollouts, but it could have avoided a lot of confusion and frustration if the release notes said that was happening. Now that I know thanks to the folks in this group, I'm chilled out about it and will simply wait my turn 🙂

• Like 2