Everbug android 10.64.0 - sorting notes not working?

Doesn't work to sort by title (or date created/updated) on iOS 10.64.0 for me either (and works ok in MacOS) -- so looks like it's maybe a problem with mobile Evernote in general. I think it's been this way for quite some time too... but I don't know for sure.

6 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Is it only notes in stacks that don't sort properly? I find that the Notes list as such can be sorted by title without issue (v. 10.64.0).

Yes, when in stacks (however there are also other bugs, eg with filtering)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Hi there, can we agree that double posting is a no-no for all of us ?

He is commenting about a different app version each time.  It is not double posting.  Hopefully the comments are also backed up with support tickets.

• Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

He is commenting about a different app version each time.  It is not double posting.  Hopefully the comments are also backed up with support tickets.

Ticket opened 1 month ago.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Hi there, can we agree that double posting is a no-no for all of us ?

Hopefully we can agree that calling it Everbug in multiple threads isn't going to get anything fixed faster. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Hopefully we can agree that calling it Everbug in multiple threads isn't going to get anything fixed faster. 

I think "everbug" is very descriptive, as bugs seems to last forever 🤔

Anyway, it's an old topic (just added a status comment) and I'll stop it if it makes you feel sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, janndk said:

I think "everbug" is very descriptive, as bugs seems to last forever 🤔

Anyway, it's an old topic (just added a status comment) and I'll stop it if it makes you feel sad.

I've seen plenty of bugs get fixed. My point is being snarky about them isn't going to foster any good will and get them fixed any faster.

Recently the back gesture in Android was fixed. That was an annoying one that bothered many for quite a while.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HeBoIz said:

and what about this post?

Each minor bug doesn't need it's own Everbug thread. None of this is going to get anything fixed. The only thing that is going to help is patiently waiting and making support aware. These are low severity bugs that are going to be prioritized lower no matter the product as development resources ie developers are time are a finite resource. To post with each android update: 'Bug not fixed! 👎👎" on several threads is not productive and quite frankly getting old, not to mention the overall angry tone of these threads which really make the community less inviting to be a part of.

• Like 5

Sorry, I didn't know writing about "low severity bugs" and giving status when the app updates were prohibited in the forum. How to define when a bug is severe enough to be allowed to talk about?

14 minutes ago, janndk said:

Sorry, I didn't know writing about "low severity bugs" and giving status when the app updates were prohibited in the forum. How to define when a bug is severe enough to be allowed to talk about?

You give a status update that comes off as kind of angry with every new android release on 3 or 4 threads that you call Everbug which really comes off as snarky and angry. It's simply mocking and just not very polite. It's not prohibited to mention some bugs you've found but the way you are going about it is not going to get the bugs fixed any quicker and it really is double posting. And yes, a menu deep into the application not sorting a note properly is a low severity bug per any software developer anywhere.

An example of a high severity bug would be if using the search function caused the app to crash, or a certain action lead to data loss. Those would be patched right away. This will be fixed, of course it will be you just have to be patient. They are rewriting large portions of the client like they've explicitly said. Just be patient and your issues that you have raised will be fixed in due time.

• Like 2

Sorting notes by title is a key part of my workflow. It's quite arrogant of you to say it's not important.

I'm paying for a service. It doesn't work.

• Like 4

I hope posting about it weekly, gets it fixed for you. :) No need to get so angry.I never said it wasn't important, I simply said developers have to prioritize issues which is all that is happening here. Sure bugs are annoying but it will get fixed in due time. Given that you've decided to personally attack me and call me arrogant I won't be entertaining you any longer.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Recently the back gesture in Android was fixed. That was an annoying one that bothered many for quite a while.

Not fixed for me. Their kind of lackadaisical approach to diligently fixing quality-of-life fixes for users doesn't engender any goodwill in this user, either. [Reason bug is fixed for some and not others might(?) be related to the myriad bugs Evernote seems to have with Gboard. Though note that Evernote is the only app in over a hundred I have installed that seems to have any issues with Gboard.]

• Like 1
Just now, Paul A. said:

Not fixed for me. Their kind of lackadaisical approach to diligently fixing quality-of-life fixes for users doesn't engender any goodwill in this user, either. [Reason bug is fixed for some and not others might(?) be related to the myriad bugs Evernote seems to have with Gboard. Though note that Evernote is the only app in over a hundred I have installed that seems to have any issues with Gboard.]

That was fixed a few builds back, it was even in the patch notes at the time. Previously when within a note the back gesture rather than going back to home would quit the app. They fixed it so the back gesture goes back a screen. There ARE still some weird issues with Gboard that do need to be fixed. Hopefully after they finish the UI update on desktop mobile will get an overhaul which I agree is badly needed. The Android app has gotten better but is still lacking in many ways.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

They are rewriting large portions of the client like they've explicitly said. Just be patient and your issues that you have raised will be fixed in due time.

Same thing was said with the v10 rewrite. I was part of the pre-release beta testing of the Android app (before anyone got it publicly), and I reported an annoying bug that's still not fixed almost three and a half years later! So forgive some of us might be a little out of patience with some of these Evernote bugs.

• Like 2
Just now, Paul A. said:

Same thing was said with the v10 rewrite. I was part of the pre-release beta testing of the Android app (before anyone got it publicly), and I reported an annoying bug that's still not fixed almost three and a half years later! So forgive some of us might be a little out of patience with some of these Evernote bugs.

Hopefully Bending Spoons is more competent than the team that launched v10. We can only hope for the best or migrate to a solution that better meets our needs.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
9 hours ago, janndk said:

I'm not double posting 

If the same text appears multiple times in the forum „what’s new“ view, it is a double post.

When the same text with a small change (counting weeks up) is posted in a thread again and again, it is double posting,

If in doubt, look it up in forum rules, and spare us a senseless discussion. See point 7:

https://discussion.evernote.com/guidelines/

• Like 2

It wasn't me who started "a senseless discussion" - I just gave a simple bug-status after the app got updated.

Anyway, I get the message. Criticizing Evernote is bad. Talking about bugs is bad. I'm a bad person and should shame myself. Evernote is totally bug free, pure and perfect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

The criticism is not what you make out of it.

The criticism is that you added identical posts to several threads without adding relevant information. This makes the forum difficult to read, especially for newcomers.

All us us have their „pet bugs“ that EN seems to have send to „long term care“. This forum would be completely dysfunctional if all of us would start posting this fact with every next release where the „beloved“ bug is still alive and kicking.

As a seasoned forum user, you know we are among users here. The way to remind EN about bugs is by a support ticket (I know …) or via feedback.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

We all have opinions, here's mine.  I haven't double checked but it seems like each bug is reported in a separate thread and then each update clearly identifies the new version and whether the problem has been fixed.  This is exactly what newcomers need.  Many who have a problem come here specifically to see if others have the same issue and whether there is a way to fix it.  These posts give very clear information on the bug status and whether it is fixed in a new version or not.

There is plenty of useless chatter on the forums, but simple, and accurate bug reporting is not it (provided they are backed up by support tickets, which in this case we are told are).  If you don't like reading the posts skip them or ignore the user.  There is no need to respond to everything.

• Like 4

Finally, after waiting a month, got today a response from Evernote "support":

"We sincerely appreciate your patience while waiting for an update.

Our team has investigated this thoroughly. Despite our efforts, we were unable to successfully replicate the problem or identify any widespread issues.

While we wish we had better news to bring you this time, know that we're working hard to prevent any such issues from arising in the future. Please be assured that enhancing the user experience of Evernote remains a top priority for us.

Your patience and continued loyalty to our product mean a great deal to us—we truly value your support!

At this stage, the ticket will be closed. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to open a new one. We remain at your complete disposal."

Bug not fixed - Ticket closed. Thanks for nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Actually it seems all sorting within a stack is broken. Title, date created, date updated. I suggest taking a screen recording with your phone, creating a new ticket and attaching a screen recording so they can visualize the bug. That's what I usually do and find it helpful in getting my point across to tech support.

I think i'm about to give up, and currently trying to figure a way out. Probably not adding any new tickets right now.

However, my subscription runs till november (i have canceled), so i might still do some ranting here from time to time. And sorry about that. It's just so frustrating when even the most simple little things aren't working and i get my workflow disturbed.

But who knows - maybe miracles happen, and bugs and deficiencies get fixed, and Everspoons turns out to be trustworthy?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, janndk said:

I think i'm about to give up, and currently trying to figure a way out. Probably not adding any new tickets right now.

However, my subscription runs till november (i have canceled), so i might still do some ranting here from time to time. And sorry about that. It's just so frustrating when even the most simple little things aren't working and i get my workflow disturbed.

But who knows - maybe miracles happen, and bugs and deficiencies get fixed, and Everspoons turns out to be trustworthy?

If your workflow isn't heavy into document management I'd suggest looking at Amplenote. They seem up and coming and similar to Evernote. I'm just not a fan of the way they handle documents currently.

I have tried Amplenote - but it's not my thing either. Tasks-system is too complicated (for "tasks in notes"), and print/pdf-export is even worse than in Evernote. But maybe i just need to test it further.

At the moment i'm splitting my notes/projects/task to different places (Onenote, TickTick, Google Drive, Google tasks, etc...)

I have active projects and notes in Evernote - but unless it's absolutely necessary (for existing projects) i don't put anything new in there. All new stuff goes somewhere else.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, janndk said:

I have tried Amplenote - but it's not my thing either. Tasks-system is too complicated (for "tasks in notes"), and print/pdf-export is even worse than in Evernote. But maybe i just need to test it further.

At the moment i'm splitting my notes/projects/task to different places (Onenote, TickTick, Google Drive, Google tasks, etc...)

I have active projects and notes in Evernote - but unless it's absolutely necessary (for existing projects) i don't put anything new in there. All new stuff goes somewhere else.

Good luck, FYI if you happened to use Paypal to pay for your year you can probably get a refund. They have a 6 month dispute policy and if you just tell them the software is defective and support refused to help you (ie, provide them this ticket) they will refund your subscription pretty easily. You may be better off breaking up Evernote into multiples services, such as Todoist for tasks, Notion for notes, and Paperless-ng for documents. Evernote does everything all in one but nothing else really is a one stop shop in that way.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:33 AM, janndk said:

It wasn't me who started "a senseless discussion" - I just gave a simple bug-status after the app got updated.

I really appreciated your updates. It saved me time checking each update if my work flow hindering bugs were solved or not. The clear per new version update was clear for me, not a double post in my eyes and helpful. A seperate thread for each bug was also a wonderful idea as far as I am concerned. Thx for that. I'd be sad if you stopped with that. ❤️🌹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, janndk said:

sometimes it seems to me, that the developers don't use the app themselves - otherwise they would react in other ways ...

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Until I see you all happy with a version, I am NOT UPDATING.  Still on Android  v10.78.0.  Besides App flashing upon opening, all appears well. 

And, I appreciate your Posting the particular v still present w/🪲s.

Thank you.

Edited by Mia
Additional info
  • Like 1