Latest Evernote of iOS iPad Pro 5th keeps crashing no matter what when trying to edit any note.

I am having the same problem on my iPad Pro 10.5 and IOS 17.2 (Developer version). I can open an existing note but if I do a long press (or quick double tap) on the text, it crashes. Also If I hit the edit button when I have a note showing it crashes.I have deleted and reinstalled the app but no luck on this serious issue.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Oh, yes, I forgot:

Kudos to all the beta testers who suffer through endless nights on pizza and Diet Coke, to assure that we mortals will not experience nasty beasts crawling out of our devices.

This said: Here in the forum is not the folk that can by any means benefit from the message „I installed the client on the latest iOS beta, and hey, it crashed on me“. Good message, wrong audience.

54 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is good to know that iOS 17.2 is out, and nothing crashes. Then I updated to EN iOS 10.62.0, and still no crashing.

Why do others get all the action ?

Boring here, with everything working 🥱

because you lie

• Like 1

Sorry to say I'm running into the same problem. iPadOS 17.2 and EN 10.62.0.

The app seems to open fine, but when I tap the blue Edit button on a note it just crashes. I had to fall back to using the Web Client, but I could really do with the App working as I'm about to go on a trip and would like my offline notes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Not crashing on big blue button neither.

Log out, quit the app, uninstall.

Now make a FORCED restart - check Apple Support pages if you don’t know how.

After the restart, load the app fresh from the AppStore, open and log in.

To anybody who had a beta profile installed before: This must be completely removed from the device. It is known that even a dormant beta test setup can cause unexpected side effects.

1 hour ago, Ant Cooper said:

Update... it seems that if you just tap into the note to start editing then that's fine, it's the Big Blue Edit button that crashes the app. Not ideal.

Mine crashes when I tap it or when I hit the edit button. I can do everything except edit a note. 

And for the record. I logged out, forced restarts, uninstalled, loaded a fresh version of the app and all that before posting here. Still crashes.

20 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Free user ?

I’ve been a paid user since 2013 and it’s the same for me, no option to open any tech support related ticket - our only options are to submit support tickets are Teams Account Billing, Account Management, and Subscriptions/Billing Issues.

Nothing software or tech support related as an option.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Ant Cooper said:

Update... it seems that if you just tap into the note to start editing then that's fine, it's the Big Blue Edit button that crashes the app. Not ideal.

Not my experience at all, iPad OS 17.2 and Evernote 10.62 and anywhere I click in a note crashes the app. Edit button also crashes app. I can navigate menus fine, but cannot interact with notes at all in any way

I've had the best luck using the mobile app to file support requests.  On the Android app (I'm not an IOS user), it's in the settings menu, second from the bottom.  Hopefully you can get there despite the problem you're having?  I typically file a request using mobile with bare bones information, then elaborate more fully and attach an activity log when I get the automated email acknowledgement. Might be worth a try.

Vinnie

6 minutes ago, VincentC said:

I've had the best luck using the mobile app to file support requests.  On the Android app (I'm not an IOS user), it's in the settings menu, second from the bottom.  Hopefully you can get there despite the problem you're having?  I typically file a request using mobile with bare bones information, then elaborate more fully and attach an activity log when I get the automated email acknowledgement. Might be worth a try.

Vinnie

In the android version do you submit the request directly through the app, or does it open your browser in-app? Through the iOS version it just opens through the browser and takes us to the webpage version which only has billing support tickets available. I do not have an android device to compare it on, but that’s interesting if it’s different

In Android, it all happens in the app.  I've had trouble filing a ticket through the webpage, so I've just been using the app.  My impression is that it is the same for IOS users, you should be able to request support without leaving the app, but not being one, I don't know for sure.  Maybe one of the IOS app users can chime in here and confirm.

Vinnie

Evernote is also crashing for me on an iPad Air 5 whenever I try to edit a note. It started yesterday when I updated to iPadOS 17.2 and EN 10.62.0. Logging out, deleting, force restart, and reinstalling EN did not fix the issue. The weird thing is EN works fine on my iPhone with iOS 17.2 and EN 10.62.0.

Has anyone else had mixed results trying on other devices? It seems to be working fine with 10.62 running on iOS 17.2 on my iPhone, but the same software versions on my iPad are where it’s constantly crashing the app.

I have tried all the troubleshooting including uninstalling, forcing restarts, reinstalling etc with no luck. Not sure if it’s consistent for the device types you all are using or if it’s been a mixed bag?

6 hours ago, Bret Hammond said:

New development here. The app only crashes if I have the external keyboard (Magic Keyboard) attached.

I’ve tried switching the hardware keyboard to one of the others in the settings, but it still crashes.

Yetisis, is this happening with you also?

You’re right, I use the apple keyboard folio on my iPad Pro and as soon as I remove it the app stops crashing, that explains why it’s been working fine on my iPhone despite all the software versions being the same. Really interesting…still frustrating, but interesting

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Somebody who has the critical configuration should send a support ticket, with the activity log.

I can't, I use a bluetooth keyboard that works fine and doesn't crash anything.

I wish I could, but as I stated earlier, my premium account is only allowing me to submit requests for Teams Account Billing, Account Management, and Subscription/Billing Issues.

Someone should submit a request about not being able to submit a request. 

• Like 1

EN10.62.0 crashing on iPadOS17.2

EN crashes the instant I try to edit any Note.

Tried everything mentioned in this post, including uninstall—>hard reset —> re-install.

Have contacted the infamous so-called “EN Customer Support” (ECS) to generate a support ticket….

The worst part is that ECS doesn’t even have an option for the most common issue i.e. app usability…
the only three options are: a/c billiing, a/c management  and subscription/billing issues…
makes me think the ONLY thing they care about is money.

Oh, the joys of being an EN User…

Couldn’t agree more with @Not happy either’s comment about having to “contact Spotify support everytime you want to play a song”…
https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148856-app-crashingagain/?do=findComment&comment=708027

Seriously need to find an alternative to EN… this is getting out of hand…

P.S. @Bret Hammond, both your comments (#1 about app crashing with the external keyboard (Magic Keyboard) attached and #2 about the PATHETIC “support request portal “ are SPOT-ON!

@PinkElephant, how lucky you are to NOT have any issues with this issue! 😇

And now I need to go back see if I can delete my comment in the previous post “App crashing angain” otherwise @gazumped will tell me off for double-posting! 😅

image.png

• Thanks 1

Dear @PinkElephant

Thanks for your patience and for uploading the screenshot.. but exactly WHERE to tap to get the four options shown in your screenshot?

Mere mortals like myself can see only the “selection field” =  dropdown list (“What can we help you with”- on https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) that displays the three options shown in my screenshot?

Thanks once again.

🙏

• Haha 1

Hi @PinkElephant

Many thanks for the screen recording.

I think that EN somehow shows you a different “Support” screen because those options are not there on my screen- please see my attached screen recording.

Don’t know if this is a UK thing (I am in UK, I’m guessing you are in Germany?)

Many thanks once again, in any case!

Kind regards.

• Level 5

No idea. I am on Professional, but this usually has no impact on which options are there. maybe somebody else on a Personal subscription can try.

About the location, I really doubt it has an impact. If you have a VPN provider, you could try to move your point of exit to the web to another country.

The third option would be to try support as a guest (which would be contradictory if it worked there, but who knows).

Thanks.

Can’t use  VPN from another country due to restrictions with work-related apps/data.

If EN gives more Support “options” to Guest Users (who are not yet lured into paying) than it does to paying users, it would be funny if it weren’t so sad / tragic already.

And now suddenly, as if by magic- EN is no longer crashing even with the Apple Keyboard attached…

I swear I have not done anything except spend time moaning on this forum and generating a Support ticket…

My only regret is that I also have taken up too much of your time on this, @PinkElephant

@Bret Hammond, has EN stopped crashing for you, too (with the Keyboard connected)?

Thanks once again, @PinkElephant!

And if anyone else manages to get the Support options that @PinkElephant gets, please let us know.

Have a nice day, everyone!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe the app just updated ? It's 10.62.0 now.

Nope- I was on EN 10.62.0 when I posted- as mentioned in my first post in this thread.

11 hours ago, drnikhilp said:

EN10.62.0 crashing on iPadOS17.2

EN crashes the instant I try to edit any Note.

Tried everything mentioned in this post, including uninstall—>hard reset —> re-install.

Have contacted the infamous so-called “EN Customer Support” (ECS) to generate a support ticket….

The worst part is that ECS doesn’t even have an option for the most common issue i.e. app usability…
the only three options are: a/c billiing, a/c management  and subscription/billing issues…
makes me think the ONLY thing they care about is money.

Oh, the joys of being an EN User…

Couldn’t agree more with @Not happy either’s comment about having to “contact Spotify support everytime you want to play a song”…
https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148856-app-crashingagain/?do=findComment&comment=708027

Seriously need to find an alternative to EN… this is getting out of hand…

P.S. @Bret Hammond, both your comments (#1 about app crashing with the external keyboard (Magic Keyboard) attached and #2 about the PATHETIC “support request portal “ are SPOT-ON!

@PinkElephant, how lucky you are to NOT have any issues with this issue! 😇

And now I need to go back see if I can delete my comment in the previous post “App crashing angain” otherwise @gazumped will tell me off for double-posting! 😅

image.png

Only solace is that whatever it was, it seems to be sorted!

Regards.

12 hours ago, drnikhilp said:

Thanks.

Can’t use  VPN from another country due to restrictions with work-related apps/data.

If EN gives more Support “options” to Guest Users (who are not yet lured into paying) than it does to paying users, it would be funny if it weren’t so sad / tragic already.

And now suddenly, as if by magic- EN is no longer crashing even with the Apple Keyboard attached…

I swear I have not done anything except spend time moaning on this forum and generating a Support ticket…

My only regret is that I also have taken up too much of your time on this, @PinkElephant

@Bret Hammond, has EN stopped crashing for you, too (with the Keyboard connected)?

Thanks once again, @PinkElephant!

And if anyone else manages to get the Support options that @PinkElephant gets, please let us know.

Have a nice day, everyone!

I am glad things seem sorted out for you! I am still having the same issues. Thank you @PinkElephant for the help submitting a ticket, it didn’t seem to want to scroll on my laptop but I was able to click and drag the support fields on my iPad and submit a tech support ticket…honestly, I feel a bit foolish about that one, but I also feel like it’s just poor page design if a number of us were all stuck on the same thing and there was no indication that the menu could be dragged without you explicitly showing us how!

@Bret Hammond, @buckerine or anyone else out there:

If this helps you at all, here's 👇 what I got from the EN Support Team after submitting the ticket:

All the best,

Nikhil.

👇

Evernote Support Team (Evernote Help and Learning) 

Hello,

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.

We’re sorry to hear about what occurred and have passed it on to our developers for further investigation. Rest assured that it will be our utmost care to get back to you as soon as we receive feedback on it.

In the meantime, to overcome the issue please do the following:
  1. Do not use external keyboard
  2. Turn off stage manager on iPad

We remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,

Evernote Support Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17.2 version on the latest Evernote update and can confirm this is an issue for everyone. Annoying and makes the app worthless. And on top of that they want us to not use an external keyboard??? Fix the issue or give me my money back

• Level 5

This might be an issue for everyone - count at least -1, and that’s me. From the forum posts I estimate it’s only a small group of users affected.

Probably beside the keyboard and the stage manager there is yet another trigger.

The more affected users send tickets with activity logs, the faster it will be resolved.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:42 AM, PinkElephant said:

This might be an issue for everyone - count at least -1, and that’s me. From the forum posts I estimate it’s only a small group of users affected.

Probably beside the keyboard and the stage manager there is yet another trigger.

The more affected users send tickets with activity logs, the faster it will be resolved.

Appreciate your input.
Disconnecting  the Apple Magic Keyboard the problem went away. 
Thank you for the tip regarding scrolling down the selection list when reporting the problem

10.62.1 this morning fixed my crashing issue. I did notice a tremendous slowdown in the app after the update, but uninstalling, restarting and re-installing has taken the edge off of that in case anyone else has a similar issue.

• Thanks 1