Is EN down?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi PinkElephant. By the time I got back to EN, all 3 platforms (Windows, iPhone, and Web) were working again. When they weren't working, all of my other web services worked like normal (Edge, Spotify), so I knew I had Internet. I just got a bit nervous, I was in the middle of preparing my staff's payroll haha. I will add your link to my EN list of sites. Cheers, Duhtch

• Like 1

FYI, EN is down. First, the Windows app stopped working. Then I checked the Web app and got a message from EN that the system is down. But now, that message has been replaced with "Error: Server Error The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds." However, EN's status page  says everything is ok: but it's not. It's also not working on my iPhone. Good luck EN, hoping it's back soon.

Hi PinkElephant. Good news on your end. When I tried loading the Web EN, I got an official EN page saying the system was down. So I imagine where I'm working (Indonesia) is having the problem. My iPhone started to load new / updated notes, but stopped before it was done. I will update once everything is working normal again. Cheers, Duhtch

• Level 5

No, web client and iOS are working, as is the v10 desktop client. Web is maybe a little slow, iOS is not downloading to local content at the moment, and emails are not delivered to the account.

So something seems mixed up, maybe it is currently running from an alternate server. But the key functions work.

2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Same here in the UK. Web is a little intermittent with server error from time to time and desktop is a little slow syncing up.

Possibly working on something.

Same in the South Africa (Cape Town). All platforms even web saying syncing is paused.  Nothing is syncing.  Not really confidence building. 

On my Mac "syncing temporarily paused" has been up now for more than two hours - the longest I can remember experiencing. Same with the web client. Only my Android version is up-to-date.

PinkElephant - the status page was last updated on 5 September as far as I can see! I think I remember Frederico saying that they don't use this page much anymore. It'd be great if there were a status page that everyone could check - also to reassure ourselves that we're not alone.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Actually the easiest check is the web client (Free users who don’t use it beware - it counts as a client). When it connects and syncs, there is a server up and running.

From what I saw it looks like the alternate server had kicked in.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

No, web client and iOS are working, as is the v10 desktop client. Web is maybe a little slow, iOS is not downloading to local content at the moment, and emails are not delivered to the account.

So something seems mixed up, maybe it is currently running from an alternate server. But the key functions work.

No. Web client and iOS are not working for me too.

Anyway, this happens to any service company. As long as they recognize it, I have no problem with that.
But telling the truth is much better.

• Like 1

Been getting the sync error all morning on Win client. On Reddit, people are posting from all over the world that it is down. Currently in Atlanta, the web client login page comes up but is very slow. After login, page has been loading for several minutes and eventually errors out. Functionally, my client is fine, and I've been working on two different machines. I'll see how syncing works or not later. 

image.thumb.png.da5f1f33699f11d338f81231e6b2ce14.png

15 minutes ago, Jean-Christophe said:

No. Web client and iOS are not working for me too.

Anyway, this happens to any service company. As long as they recognize it, I have no problem with that.
But telling the truth is much better.

Yep, stuff happens. For me it will be how and when they respond that is important. 

On 9/30/2023 at 9:10 AM, PinkElephant said:

You can always check the server status here:

Most of the time the problem is a network issue, not the server. To try the easiest way is to use another channel (like a mobile device) and open the app.

If EN responds, it’s an issue with the connection.

This tool is useless , EN never update the status so it is better to use https://downdetector.com/status/evernote/ at least they are not trying to hide the problem.

And sorry but from what I have seen on Twitter and down detector there is major outage, no need to minimize the problem, my whole team is affected