Rolling out Mobile 10.55

V10.55 - The following issues are old problems (I raised tickets on them a while ago)

• Move Note - Stacks do not unfold to reveal notebooks, so user has to type in text for a search, rather than navigating through hierarchy
  • Tasks Filter - "Located in" leads to a blank screen
  • Slow tags filtering - Sometimes tag filters update quickly, but not always, so cannot be relied upon for preparing before a meeting
  • Screen freezing - This usually happens during or shortly after a note edit. Usually it is necessary to force close the app. Occasionally the last words typed are lost. Attempting to copy them to clipboard fails in this situation. The screen image appears slightly too high when this happens during a note edit, but it can happen outside note edit too.

New issue

• Pasting to note title has stopped working since V10.55 installed. Sometimes the pasted text appears in the note body instead.

Wish List

• Multi-select of Notes for tagging, moving, deleting.

and for all platforms:

• Unlimited levels for filing hierarchy
  • Manual sort option for notes, notebooks and stacks.
  • Task tags - Enable tasks shown to be only from the currently displayed notes - this would effectively add filters to tasks, as tags filtering would be applied to the Notes before viewing Tasks. (This approach would also work with Saved Searches etc.)
  • Like 5

As feedback was requested:

- Fixes an issue where images were replaced with spinning circles in the note body.

No, I still see this bug on 10.55 on Android upon every first opening of a freshly created note. Going back and open again resolves the issue. No good UX for my blood pressure 😉

image.png.14e4f38b122526deccaec6f71477ec98.png

• Like 2

I'm 10.55 and I have jpg and png that won't open or if they do they don't stay open and doesnt matter if they are screenshots, photos from a cell or camera and even pictures that i taken while using the EN app.

Screenshot_20230929_171354_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_175715_Settings.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

We see for example that EN and Samsung devices are not really buddies

I'm using the 'old' android app on my Samsung and it works just fine. 

Why would the current version have issues with Samsung devices? Is this documented somewhere?

• Level 5

Read the forum, see what’s reported.

I’m on iOS, so I can’t tell about 1st hand experience. But the iOS client is working in general since release 10.6. Android users here are still reporting issues with 10.55. Currently especially the pen fraction (what used to be the Samsung Note) seems unhappy.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Read the forum, see what’s reported.

Just searched for 'Samsung Android Client' and scanned the titles of the topics that came up. They don't look like I should ditch the - working - legacy Android app anytime soon...

Totally unacceptable for a paid app...

• Level 5

I'm using Evernote 10.55 on a Samsung Galaxy S22. I'm not having any serious problems except for the widely reported issue of handwritten notes (with the stylus or with a finger) not working. I don't use that much myself, but for those that do it's a show-stopper. I'm not seeing data loss or corruption. Sometimes a note will be slow to load, or an attachment won't appear when I first load a note. @Stark, going back and re-loading the note generally takes care of that -- annoying, but not terminally so.

And on the plus side, I have the features of v. 10 that I like, including full formatting capabilities (v. 8 and earlier were sorely lacking in that on Android), the Home page for organizing, checklists, backlinks, etc. If I had to go back to v. 8, I'd find that unacceptable for a paid app.

• Like 1

@Dave-in-Decatur  I'll look forward to this feature working with stylus.  SG23Ultra. Agreed, going back &  reloading some notes helps. But just as @Stark has discovered - images do not load.

Been working with Support for quite a long time this past couple months, it's been mind bending. I rely on EN, so these Major bugs really throw wrenches into life.

Finally got images showing in the Android App,  Updated to 1.54.1, thinking Why Not, and images are Not Showing again. Usually hold off on updates until I see better reviews & check how it's working with you all.

Also have iPad Pro(16.7 no 17.0 for me) & iPad Air (zero updating - web use only, NOT FUN). Running 10.49 (1129665) until I know it's SAFE. 

Seems to me EN is So much HAPPIER on iOS Devices.  Such a shame Android App gets very little love.

Screenshot_20231001_181952_Evernote.thumb.jpg.e38fb90e90478f4b600374660c9b8f35.jpgScreenshot_20231001_181946_Evernote.thumb.jpg.5e03b7b81268e844fe012ed79349736d.jpg

• Like 1

Can Evernote please add the ability to change the "last updated" date of notes?  It is a very useful feature in Evernote Legacy and there are multiple users who have not made the switch to Evernote 10 because there are some of us who need to be able to change the "last updated" date on notes (for a variety of reasons)   Thanks!  

• Level 5

v10 writes into the updated field frequently. If you could write it yourself, it would be overwritten faster than you could save and leave the note.

It‘s a field under system control, and it’s bad practice to ask to write it yourself. Anybody can imagine uses for doing so, but in the end it’s entirely crooked to write a field that the system will update continuously.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

v10 writes into the updated field frequently. If you could write it yourself, it would be overwritten faster than you could save and leave the note.

It‘s a field under system control, and it’s bad practice to ask to write it yourself. Anybody can imagine uses for doing so, but in the end it’s entirely crooked to write a field that the system will update continuously.

I have noticed that just opening some notes will cause the last updated field to update.  This screws up my workflow somewhat (and some other users as well).  For example if I briefly glance at an old note from several years ago in V10 without making any changes then V10 updates the "last updated" field even when no change made to note.  Right now I will open the same note in Evernote Legacy to change the date back to what I want.  If the note hasn't changed in several years then typically I need to change the "last updated" field back to a time from several years ago.  

Unfortunately this tendency of V10 to frequently update the "last updated" field even when no changes are made to the note is a problem for some users.  It would be great if we could manually update that field to keep older notes filed away with older dates.  

• Like 2

@p1154 It's a nice wish and one I share too. I don't care if there is a internal modify date that cannot be changed, but it would be nice to have a modify date that only changes when actual note content is changed so that we can review notes that we have directly modified over the last XX days.

I used to keep Legacy around for mostly that reason too until I just decided to live with it because it became even a bigger hassle for me personally to keep Legacy around.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

@p1154 It's a nice wish and one I share too. I don't care if there is a internal modify date that cannot be changed, but it would be nice to have a modify date that only changes when actual note content is changed so that we can review notes that we have directly modified over the last XX days.

I used to keep Legacy around for mostly that reason too until I just decided to live with it because it became even a bigger hassle for me personally to keep Legacy around.

It's not just you and I who want the ability to change the updated field.  There are quite a few legacy users out there who rely on that.  I really hope the developers add this ability to V10

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As described the problem is not to make the updated field editable.

The problem is to stop several processes to write into that field. This is not a small intervention. And stopping them means as well the system will never write an updated date into it - bad for other users processes, who rely on having the last used notes on top of the list.

I doubt it is on the agenda, at least any time soon.

The alternative is to write a date at the beginning of the title field, or use tags for setting a date. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Not sure when this came up. I don’t think it was with the launch of v10. We had some discussions back then about whether the date should update when a tag was set, or the note moved. 

But not about simply viewing a note would be setting a new updated date. This was way later, maybe a year ago.

If somebody has the time: We discussed it here pretty soon when it came up (and all agreed that it is nonsense).

• Like 1
  • Level 5
13 hours ago, p1154 said:

It's not just you and I who want the ability to change the updated field.  There are quite a few legacy users out there who rely on that.  I really hope the developers add this ability to V10

Indeed, quite a few ... with quite a few threads in these forums specifically dedicated to that request, so I wonder if I could respectfully request that this conversation be carried on in one of them, so we can specifically deal with v. 10.55 questions here. Thanks for considering it.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
18 hours ago, Mia said:

Finally got images showing in the Android App,  Updated to 1.54.1, thinking Why Not, and images are Not Showing again. Usually hold off on updates until I see better reviews & check how it's working with you all.

Since this thread is about v. 10.55, it might be worthwhile to see if you can update to that version to check whether it helps the problem.

On 10/2/2023 at 1:01 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Since this thread is about v. 10.55, it might be worthwhile to see if you can update to that version to check whether it helps the problem.

Appreciate it. Will do.

This is heartbreaking... I. miss using Evernote....  I really do. I am on version 10.55.1 and I still can't get my pictures to load on all my notes. i uploaded some of my notes into another note-taking app that i won't mention here and the notes uploaded no problem on all my devices. 

I do believe Image loading is BETTER, recent voice notes not playing, i'll need to find origin.

Has anyone noticed  Android v.10.55 has no Print ability ? 

Yeas, tried "Note Info" > Export >  but it's spinning. (Always ⚠️ Low on ink) Thanks Everyone. 

Screenshot_20231003_192654_HPPrintServicePlugin.thumb.jpg.bda4651ab1f29f4f94f585514c85177d.jpg

I use DDGo on Android but, On Web, EN makes me sign in each time, interestingly.  In order to use Web, I must use Chrome. It's quite annoying, must blow up & it is a bit unreliable. If I search, it gives me a choice of "searching in your notebooks" the "Saved searches" took a while to delete.

The iPad is easier to navigate, but still only gives me specific searches in my notes not general search.

Apologies if off topic, but iOS is running better in all aspects. Plus  Prints.

Both on web a you asked.

When you all are running smoother in 10.55.1 on iOS  I will update.

@Federico Simionato

I would sincerely like someone to be able to address most of my doubts and reported bugs.

There are still highly old bugs since the beta release of version 10 of the app, such as:
1 - Reminder notifications don't work, only if it's in the background (the oldest bug of all).
2 - When pressing the "back" key, it simply closes the app instead of going back one step.
3 - When using widgets, when selecting any action, it repeats the selected action twice. For example, if I click on the magnifying glass to search for a note, it opens the search twice. (In attachment)
4 - In note templates, just by swiping to reach a desired template, it selects all the notes you touch, even if it's just to get to the desired note. What's the point of that?!
5 - Why is there still no push notification for reminders?
6 - Why doesn't the app work in the background to speed up note synchronization so that when you open it, the synchronized notes are already waiting for your next action?
7 - Multiple note selection still doesn't exist on mobile, only in the PC version. Why this inconsistency?

photo_2023-10-04_01-06-23.jpg

• Level 5

In my experience:

1. Reminder notifications do happen, there's just no screen-takeover popup.
  2. A number of apps do exactly this same thing for me. I believe it is intentional: the arrow at top steps back through Evernote, the system "back" arrow at bottom exits the app, two different functions intentionally.
  3. You're right -- I never noticed this before, since I don't use the widget to do this. Definitely a bug, and a weird one.
  4. This doesn't happen for me. I'm not sure why it's inconsistent.
  5. See #1.
  6. This would be good; there may be limitations in Android functioning; I don't know.
  7. Same.