evernote tag problem on mobile

Hello, I am Spanish and I don't write very well in English, but I will try to explain myself.
For quite some time now, it has happened to me in the evernote mobile application that when I remove or add a tag to a note, if I then go to the tag center to look for all the notes that have that tag, it does not update them.
For example, I tag a note "purchased" and when I remove it, it still appears in the "purchased" tags section.
I don't know if I have explained myself?
And it only happens to me on my mobile.
I have uninstalled the mobile application and reinstalled it, restarted the mobile and nothing, still the same.
It's been happening to me for almost a year.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

No issue on my iOS client.

The tags count updates immediately when I add a tag to notes, and the newly tagged notes show. When I remove it, it drops, and the note is not listed any longer.

Make sure it has synced the change to the server before. As long as there is a green triangle on the note in the list view, it still needs to sync.

If it still doesn't work, log out of the account. Quit the app, uninstall it, when asked confirm to dump all data. Shut the mobile device down. Restart, reinstall the client, log in. Try again. If it still doesn't work, contact support.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just found this chat so transfered my last post from another location.
The ability to group and view tagged notes on the fly via the mobile app is very important but this issue makes that impossible.
The link below shows my problem using the PC to create/edit tags and the Android mobile version to utilise those chages on the go.
Any sugestions?
The option to reinstall every time a tag is edited is not viable. 
  • Level 5*
58 minutes ago, grahamprothero said:

Any sugestions?

Some users don't seem to have any problems with this process.  You should contact Support to see if they can help - meantime maybe consider a different way of grouping notes,  like creating a new notebook instead of a tag? Or include a unique keyword in the title and do intitle: searches?

The new notebook solution is a good solution to a problem that should not exist. All my notes are based on tags, but this is perfect for my needs. I will still keep the tags in place and monitor the situation. Once again thank you 🙂

• Like 1

I am amazed that EN allows you to name a tag *black or even in my testing black*. If you search for 

tag:black*

It should find notes containing tags beginning with black. If you have created the black* tag the search does nothing.

I would avoid * in tag names ($, . or _ work fine) although I doubt this is the cause of your problems.

Signing out removes all my offline notes and the takes multiple days (on a wifi connection) to reload.

Does anybody know why it takes so long to download offline notes?

Why do I spend half my time using work-arounds rather than the features working as stated?

• Level 5

It only downloads when the app is active.

To speed it up: Set the autolockscreen to never. Make the EN app the active app. Turn the screen brightness down, device on charger.

Now let it run during the night.

Hi speed WiFi connection (200 Mb) 

Turned off all other apps

I selected a note that was just under 1Mb

Selected it for offline

Still not downloaded after 30mins. 

Why would an app that slow remove my entire downloaded offline notes every time I log off?I would only expect that if I removed the app from my device.

I suppose I wouldn't be logging off, if the app was dealing with my modified filtered tags correctly in the first place. 

• Level 5

Contact support if you feel like ...

My full account download took more or less 1 night - can't say more exact, because it happened while I was asleep.

How long does it take to download 1 GB with 100Mbps?

A 100Mbps (megabits per second) fibre connection will give you a download speed of 12.5MBps (megabytes per second). A 1GB file is equal to 1024MB, so it should take 81.9 seconds to download the file.10 Mar 2022

Download speeds depend on a lot of factors: the demand, capacity, number of files and server retrieval (serving up tens of thousands of files vs one large file). It's not just an unlimited server faucet because our ISP can support that much bandwidth. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Plus mobile phones use different network speeds,  and will prioritise some downloads to happen in 'background' (i.e. using minimal system resources) to ensure that the 'phone can still connect to the network and receive calls.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, grahamprothero said:

As a comparison downloaded a 34Mb app in less than 5 seconds.

I suspect that Evernote sets priorities on download types and moderates speed for load balancing.  Someone accessing a note needs it now, whereas someone downloading a notebook needs it eventually and is given a lower priority.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2023 at 6:03 PM, alfonso peñalver said:

For quite some time now, it has happened to me in the evernote mobile application that when I remove or add a tag to a note, if I then go to the tag center to look for all the notes that have that tag, it does not update them.
For example, I tag a note "purchased" and when I remove it, it still appears in the "purchased" tags section.
I don't know if I have explained myself?
And it only happens to me on my mobile.
I have uninstalled the mobile application and reinstalled it, restarted the mobile and nothing, still the same.
It's been happening to me for almost a year.

Hi @alfonso peñalver thank you so much for bringing up this crucial and devastating bug of Evernote. I am curious: would you tell on which concrete devices you experience this? (in my case it is a Samsung Fold 5 and a Samsung Fold 3. I have it on both. however, in my case, killing the app and reinstalling it does help. But then the problem comes again after a while, after creating and deleting some notes, assigning tags etc)

I have just posted my observations of this same trouble on another thread, but I feel it more appropriate on this thread. So here it is: 

I have all the time cases where I tap a tag and wish to see the list of notes that have this tag, and the list is filled up with notes long deleted, and/or lacking a lot of notes that I have added in recent days and assigned this tag.

Now, imagine the horror this sole bug means:

- you go into a meeting, and the various points you want to talk about are the notes that have a certain tag. Evernote does not show all the notes having the tag and I forget talking about them and cannot meet that person soon again.... Evernote is not only useless but produces a complete catastrophe. I had manifest business losses because of this Evernote bug. 

- I go to a supplier to buy things for my business or to a grocery shop where I buy things for myself. I have a tag with the name of each supplier or grocery shop or category of shops and this dumb Evernote shows me a ton of outdated notes that I have deleted long ago and does not show me the new notes about stuff that I need to buy. I had many cases where I needed to go again to that supplier or shop because crappy Evernote has this devastating bug. 

And guess what, I invested a lot of time to tell Evernote about this bug, showed them videos and screenshots. I only spent time and they did almost nothing. I even offered them that they can install a "debug version" of Evernote on my devices that monitors the development of this issue so they get the total information for their debugging process. At least they responded to this idea, but the response was negative: they don't do it. They don't want to profit from it. I was ready to forgo my privacy in order to help Evernote finally debug. When trying another note taking app, I proposed the same idea for a difficult bug and they immediately did it and were very happy about my offer and fixed the bug using the precious information received via their debug version of their app.

in sum:

- this single bug renders Evernote almost useless and outright dangerous for affected Android users who intensively uses tags 

- Bending Spoons care a damp ***** about bugs that cause manifest business losses (But I am happy that at least they responded a very few times before not caring anymore)

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

@Lolinda - you already posted all this information on another thread.  Please don't double post. Please don't hijack threads. If you want to discuss your own issues,  please - as already requested - start your own thread on tags.

For information - Evernote has never worked especially well (IMHO) with Samsung devices,  and does so even less well with folding 'phones.  The operating systems seem to generate conflict.

This is such a frustrating bug. I have submitted several tickets over the past year about it. No response or action. I have of course removed the app and reinstalled multiple times. This often resolves it for several hours. Yes, it is a disaster in terms of looking at a list of tagged notes prepared for a meeting. However in contrast the desktop version is so much improved, I live in hope the bug on mobile will be resolved.

The most frustrating thing is that the missing notes often appear in the list for that tag, for a short period of time, seconds or minutes, before disappearing again!

Update the following day:
Today I added a tag to nine notes on my laptop. They all transferred to my iPhone to the list of notes for that tag, and within seconds I watched them disappear. They will be typically be gone for hours or till tomorrow.

My workaround while this longstanding bug continues. Add them to shortcuts and remove them (usually) the next day. Refer to the shortcuts during the meeting.

• Thanks 1