Remove Popup When Mouse Hovers over Note on the Side

ptmohr

Idea

10.54.4-mac-mas-public (459747)
Éditeur : v 166.1.20643
Service : v 1.66.1

I have my notes arranged as a list on the left side. When I hover over a note, a pop-up now appears with the full title. But the pop-up prevents me from hovering over/clicking on the notes above; the pop-up blocks them. Very irritating. Get rid of the pop-up-from-hovering. If I want to see the whole title, I can click on the note or extend the frame.

Capture d’écran 2023-03-18 à 4.22.58 PM.png

• Like 1

15 replies to this idea

+1000 on removing this... the odd thing, is this was an issue after v10 rolled out, but they turned it off at some point... now it is back in v10.54 ... hopefully it goes away soon, or at least give us a setting option to turn it off

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Ways to remove the pop-up:

1:  Make the title column wider - if you can see the full title you don't get a pop-up

2: Use a different view ("Top" list does the same as above by showing the full title)

3: Use shorter titles!

On 3/22/2023 at 12:16 PM, gazumped said:

1:  Make the title column wider - if you can see the full title you don't get a pop-up

2: Use a different view ("Top" list does the same as above by showing the full title)

3: Use shorter titles!

Less than helpful. You have suggested two "easy" solutions that both have obvious drawbacks and that, in the end, do not solve the pop-up problem. Your third "way" amounts to telling me to change the way that I do things in order to accommodate a nonessential quirk of the app recently introduced.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, ptmohr said:

Less than helpful

The operative word there is "suggested".  If you don't like them,  please feel free to ignore - but I don't quite see any glaringly obvious drawbacks.  The third comment was an obviously failed attempt to inject some wry humor into the response.  Sorry about that.  I will try harder not to be humorous in future.

• Like 1

Since Evernote sent me an email prompting me to return to this post, I'll add further clarification:

1. The pop-up should not cover the text of notes above it. (This is my real issue.) It could be smaller, or it could be off to the side, or it could not exist at all. I'd prefer the latter.

2. When I move my mouse off the note to hover over the note above it, the pop-up should go away but it doesn't. Instead, I have to move my mouse off to the side and click on something else to get rid of the pop-up. (This is my issue if I compromise on the fact that some people apparently like pop-ups obscuring the titles of other notes.) The pop-up should disappear once I attempt to move my mouse to the note above the one that has the pop-up activated.

• Like 2

Only semi-related to this thread, but I went to change the due date on a task and I needed to click the 'next month' button and instead got a nice helpful reminder that the 'S' stands for Saturday. 😃

image.png.1795ff39f7161b6848a9123dd6b35401.png

I only had to move the cursor to the right for a second and then come back to it. No big deal and I don't do this often enough, but it was kind of funny and reminded me of this thread.

Also, it's probably not necessary to give a hint for the days of the week. Pretty sure we can infer what they mean. 😉 

• Like 1
On 4/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, Boot17 said:

I only had to move the cursor to the right for a second and then come back to it. No big deal and I don't do this often enough, but it was kind of funny and reminded me of this thread.

I encounter this a lot... while it is only a brief interruption, it is an interruption while trying to change the month and is TOTALLY unnecessary.  These popups are really disruptive....

Easy solution... add a preference setting to turn them off.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, gazumped said:

Sorry, does not work 😞
I use top list view but cannot widen the title column more than 14 cm - even on a screen that's 80 cm wide! WHY do they try to be so carefull around our screen space? 🤔

They should have a look to other apps like Outlook to find solutions:

image.png.8ad6bae3f7fc16e246b711050552bf0a.png

Pop-up should be only one-lines (like the titles) and appear exactly on line with the shortened title to avoid covering lines above or below.

28 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

and appear exactly on line with the shortened title

"For me" this behavior is good, e.g. if I hover over a reminder or task I want to see the title ...

2024-03-11_15-03-28_Window.png

2024-03-11_15-03-35_Window.png

5 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

if I hover over a reminder or task I want to see the title

That's an other case: What you see (and want to see) is a Tooltip that shows other information than the title. In this case, the Tooltip is placed well because you what to see all information regarding your task.

A "Tooltip" just to display a complete title because it's shortened should be placed exactly over this title line (or should be opted out completely 😉)