How To Turn Off Tasks and Calendar? Modify the Note window ribbon?

I don't, and won't ever, use Tasks and Calendar.  Is there a way or option to "turn off" or "option out" of these capabilities so that their respective icons and buttons in the UI don't show up?  If I can't turn off these capabilities are there ways to modify the ribbon at the top of a new note so I can eliminate these buttons?  There are other buttons such as highlighting and bullets, etc. that I use all the time but they are forced to the right and in many cases out of view because of the Calendar and Tasks buttons being on the left side (apparently high priority) of the ribbon.  I just want a good app for notes.  Nothing else.  The less I am forced to see the Tasks and Calendar functionality but more I need to find an alternative.  Any suggestions on how to make the Tasks and Calendar stuff disappear?

FYI.  For just Notes it is great.  I love the web clipper.  But the Calendar and Tasks functionality is, for me, just clutter that is forced on me.

• Like 5
  • Evernote Expert

You can certainly remove the tasks and calendar widgets from the Home dashboard. I don't believe that there is a means to remove entries in the ribbon at the top of a note.

Sorry.

• Thanks 1

Many people love the Tasks feature, it's certainly worth your while to explore.  Personally, for me, it's a game changer.  Calendar right now is clunky but there is widespread expectation it will get better in the future.  Anyway, neither of these is "forced on" you.  The "Tasks" option is a tiny button in the side window and is barely noticeable.  If you use the "Home" feature then the tasks and calendar widgets can be quite instrusive (especially if you don't use them).  You can simply eliminate those widgets as needed.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Evernote is way late to the 'task manager' app space. There are much better tools (like Remember the Milk). Some people don't use Evernote for tasks. That's really not what it is for. It would be nice to get that feature out of the way/hidden for these folks.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Harry Slaughter said:

It would be nice to get that feature out of the way/hidden

? It's a single icon or a short line of text at best.  What would you suggest?

I think including the Tasks feature happened because

1. There was a constant level of user request
  2. It levels the playing field if a user likes both Evernote and a Tasks app - if they're a long time user of the task app they might drop Evernote;  if they use Evernote too...  they might drop the tasks app..
  3. With increasing Calendar integration and new users joining every day Evernote now has an extra feature they might use...
  • Like 1
  • Level 5
9 hours ago, Harry Slaughter said:

Evernote is way late to the 'task manager' app space. There are much better tools (like Remember the Milk). Some people don't use Evernote for tasks. That's really not what it is for. It would be nice to get that feature out of the way/hidden for these folks.

It is a very basic misunderstanding that EN tried to add a task manager with the goal to replace other task managers.

The goal of EN Tasks was to make notes actionable. It adds the dimension of time to the note sphere. Tasks are added to Notes, not Notes added to Tasks.

The possibilities go from ways of GTD implementation that had not been possible before to building own workflows, like a home breed CRM or a project manager.

That some users use EN tasks to replace their task manager is a side effect.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...