• Level 5

No idea what happened to your search.

Just tried it on my iPhone: Set to flight mode, search. It did find notes (hard to check whether some were missed), obviously from my offline notebooks. After leaving flight mode, the same search string returned many additional notes.

So I conclude that search in offline mode is restricted to notebooks that were set to offline mode and downloaded to the i-device before cutting the internet connection. And there are no search proposals, offline it is „enter the text and hit the search button“ before anything happens.

What could be a difference: Just updated, I am running on EN iOS 10.1 already.

• Level 5

The note view is only a preview, with a little information and a thumbnail picture. This is loaded for all notes.

To have searchable content you need to switch a notebook to „offline“ in the settings. You can select „all“, however this gets stuck on download currently. EN proposes to do it  one notebook by one until fixed.

At least they made background download possible with rel. 10.1 now.

• 1 month later...

V10 is not able to search if the iOS device is offline! 

when online you get suggestions while typing.
for "iPad" I get 2 suggestions . 😞
On the old version I get all 19 note as suggestion.

search is case sensitive. Remove this

Please get your ***** done.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Angry said:

V10 is not able to search if the iOS device is offline! 

Have you selected the notebooks that you want available offline within the app?  The iOS default is to not download notebooks.  That said, there are some problems with this with larger notebooks.

How about editing your post title to something less offensive?

5 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Have you selected the notebooks that you want available offline within the app?  The iOS default is to not download notebooks.  That said, there are some problems with this with larger notebooks.

How about editing your post title to something less offensive?

I downloaded all the notes and search is not possible. I submitted the ticket and the official admits the search is online only. They are considering having this for offline.

15 hours ago, Alvin C said:

I downloaded all the notes and search is not possible. I submitted the ticket and the official admits the search is online only. They are considering having this for offline.

Whaaat?

Can you please write this in the iOS section of the forum?

1 hour ago, Angry said:

Whaaat?

Can you please write this in the iOS section of the forum?

Yes, they really need to bring search to whatever situations.

Now on Mac you can search online with instant suggestions, and offline without suggestions ('enter' needed after typing keywords). While on iOS you can only search online with instant suggestions, and offline search is impossible even you have all your notes downloaded.

They think you can pay for a wifi if you want to search inflight haha!

• Level 5

Your comment on offline search on iOS is wrong, and it does not get better by repeating it over and over. I have posted the details  in another thread, so I will just post a screenshot here taken after doing an offline search (flight mode) for the string „Apple“ on my iPad: 128 hits, notes found were perfectly accessible including attachments, all while still in flight mode.

If you can’t search offline, you have either not yet downloaded offline content, or your installation is broken.

BF68FC77-5782-4533-9486-24303D8531A5.thumb.jpeg.7de5b7e69f7363c1b32231086fd3bdbe.jpeg

• Like 1

your EN DB is not mine. I am happy that you have a working offline search, but posting pictures makes mine not work.

Alvin C has the same problems as I am.

I find more notes with the old Android version offline than with v10 iOS online. Search is completely nuts on iOS and I wait for a new version with a fix for a month. When I take a note, 8 out of 10 I add sth. to an already existing note. That means I had to use the search. I know the note is there and I know the search term for it, but the iOS version can't find it. That is garbage. I bought an iPad half a year ago to use it as note taking device with a bigger screen. Thank you EN!

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Angry said:

Search is completely nuts on iOS and I wait for a new version with a fix

I’m seeing weirdness with iOS on occasion as well.  Broken search being one issue.  My only solution has been to delete and reinstall the app. It is a PITA, but it does fix the problem for a while.  I’m looking forward to an update as well, hopefully soon.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, s2sailor said:

10.3 just posted.  Fingers crossed.

From 10.3 announcement:

Coming Soon:

- Table editing
- Apple Watch support
- Search in PDF files
- iOS Widget