Alternatives to Evernote 10

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, itoldusoandso said:

Here is a list of client applications I know about that can to some extend replace (or accompany) the official Evernote application

Personally, I use the official Evernote Legacy application, supplemented with AppleScript (Mac)

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Personally, I use the official Evernote Legacy application, supplemented with AppleScript (Mac)

I do have 2 accounts I run side by side on my machine, so that's where the Alternate client came handy to run beside Evernote. I didn't know I can install them side by side without creating a mess with the database.  I thought having 2 Evernote installations wasn't possible. (while there are work-arounds with 2nd start-as-another-user etc, that's true)

• Level 5

If you have 2 accounts, you can’t create chaos, since there are no syncing conflicts.

The clients allow to switch between accounts. So you can access 2 accounts with just one client, but not at the same time.

For a second access the legacy client can be used, or the web client, or both, which allows the simultaneous access to 3 different accounts. Even when used on the same account, syncing conflicts should only appear when the same note is opened and changed on 2 clients at the same time.