Evernote 10 for Android: looking for reviews

• Level 5

Is there anyone who has installed the new version on Android and been using it? It hasn't rolled out to me yet, and I've seen all sorts of horror stories about the Windows version. But since most of those concern the loss of features that were never in the Android app in the first place, I'm not sure they're relevant. So how is v. 10 working for you on Android? Should I be puppy dog excited or afraid, very afraid?

On 10/19/2020 at 1:46 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Is there anyone who has installed the new version on Android and been using it? It hasn't rolled out to me yet, and I've seen all sorts of horror stories about the Windows version. But since most of those concern the loss of features that were never in the Android app in the first place, I'm not sure they're relevant. So how is v. 10 working for you on Android? Should I be puppy dog excited or afraid, very afraid?

So I used Evernote for android Beta for a bit and as said its in Beta. It has issues expected in a beta release like Images attached do not appear as images, but rather as attachments. The app was considerably slower too, but this was a couple of weeks back. Adding Tags was especially laggy. Responses got registered with a few seconds lag. The new editor worked good and even search was ok. As you said android lacked the most features in the stable version anyways, so don't remember if any old feature got cut in the beta. All in all, it was use-able but due to the general lag I opted out of beta and am back to stable.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
13 hours ago, JNester said:

So I used Evernote for android Beta for a bit and as said its in Beta. It has issues expected in a beta release like Images attached do not appear as images, but rather as attachments. The app was considerably slower too, but this was a couple of weeks back. Adding Tags was especially laggy. Responses got registered with a few seconds lag. The new editor worked good and even search was ok. As you said android lacked the most features in the stable version anyways, so don't remember if any old feature got cut in the beta. All in all, it was use-able but due to the general lag I opted out of beta and am back to stable.

Thanks. I'll quit wagging my tail and be glad to wait patiently. :) 🐶

I really like new editor, search and UI!

Some issues: gesture navigation issues in note editing, no option to edit encrypted text, long loading times, no widgets, no biometric authentication,...

The main problem is, that Evernote Android beta staff is really not helpful on forum. They don't give no feedback at all. Not sure if they are even reading it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, matej1990 said:

I really like new editor, search and UI!

Some issues: gesture navigation issues in note editing, no option to edit encrypted text, long loading times, no widgets, no biometric authentication,...

The main problem is, that Evernote Android beta staff is really not helpful on forum. They don't give no feedback at all. Not sure if they are even reading it.

Agreed, and it's shameful. Posting in the Android forum feels like peeing into the wind.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Paul A. said:

Agreed, and it's shameful. Posting in the Android forum feels like peeing into the wind.

I don't understand  ...  wait  ...   it's all coming back to me now   🙁

On 10/18/2020 at 8:16 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Last used about 4 weeks ago. No widgets, generally slow, images appearing as attachments, unable to edit a file with a default app etc. 

Love the UI though, and the ability to highlight in different colours.

Overall will give it a 4 out of 10, but then again it is in beta. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, niikassim said:

Last used about 4 weeks ago. No widgets, generally slow, images appearing as attachments, unable to edit a file with a default app etc. 

Love the UI though, and the ability to highlight in different colours.

Overall will give it a 4 out of 10, but then again it is in beta. 

I just noticed that, too: Images appear as attachments in Evernote 10 for Android. I'm running the latest version of Evernote for Android, updated January 20.