No tagging available in share sheet

dpgol88
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

18 replies to this idea

Any news on when this feature will return? I‘m surprised that there are only three upvotes. Having tags without being able to add them in the share screen makes the whole process totally clumsy and lengthy. How on earth could this happen?

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 9/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, dpgol88 said:

Is it just me or the new iOS version has lost the ability to tag new notes being created via share sheet ?

ConfirmedIMG_3767.thumb.jpeg.8f66c03106aaa4a3767d9249e7a10995.jpeg
No indication if intentional or an oversight

I finally got around to looking for a solution to this obvious bug -- I assumed I must be doing something wrong.  Evernote for iOS is now broken.  Not being able to tag from the share sheet is inconceivable. 

Evernote user since January 18th, 2009 -- using Evernote Premium.  Please fix this ASAP -- you have made Evernote clipping from my iPhone completely worthless.

Thank you. 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:42 AM, PinkElephant said:

Make sure you use the latest release 10.2. The tags are there (screenshot from my iPhone), but get lost later. So pretty useless at the moment.

5701D3C2-6924-4B1E-AA2D-09A61213F0A5.thumb.jpeg.8b1d99e9e0bd8524bf154aa417f51290.jpeg

In my experience it happens the same.

I see the tags list in share menu, choose it.

But when I go to Evernote it's without the chosen tag.

Useless.

I have recently noticed that on my iPhone tags are back and I can tag items with existing tags and it does search the tags I already have. I cannot though add a new tag at this time if I do not have a suitable tag. However in the iPad the tags do not show up.??  The tags I have added to new items are showing up in Evernote ok

I find in IoS when sharing a note to Evernote if I try to add a tag by searching all my tags then tags that I know I already have saved in Evernote and are searchable within Evernote app do not show in the list and as others piling out it is impossible to add a new tag at this stage (why ever not) I suppose they prefer you to be using the Evernote App but the share facility is so much easier.

• Level 5

The sharing of both mobile clients is on the same level - maybe you compare old and new clients.

Usually all tags will show. If you send the share into a notebook that is shared to you by another person, only those tags will be available that already exist in that notebook. This is a restriction due to the fact that even if it is shared, it still has an owner, and new tags in that shared notebook must be created by the owner. Once a tag was assigned there for the first time, it can be assigned by others as well.

It is a good practice for larger shared notebooks to create a "tagging" note. This note serves to add new tags into the shared notebook. The owner creates and assigns the new tag to this note, from then on it can be used by the others. This is a way to make sharing work similar to a Teams account.