Reminders on Evernote web

Hi everybody!

Not a bug or technical issue.

I was using Evernote yesterday (the web client) and a notification popped up saying that Evernote web now supports reminders. Has anybody else had this? Unfortunately i had to click the notification away quickly before reading all of it 😕

• Level 5*

Hi.  I didn't get / don't remember the reminder pop-up,  but I do have a reminder 'clock' icon in my note header,  and it is possible to set up reminders like the desktop client.  There's also a reminders dropdown in the left panel showing the disgraceful number of uncleared notifications I still have....  were you expecting more?

oh, i don't have that yet :( maybe it will turn up soon. What does it look like? 

This is what the note headers currently look like for me

949239501_Screenshot2020-07-17at17_14_25.thumb.png.3f89078069e16bb2985f2df3512da3b3.png

I'm on 6.15.0

• Level 5*

I'm very sorry - seems I was on the last version of the UI.  I was on 'classic',  and updated to 'new' without really thinking about it - then found out that wasn't the latest new version...  which sadly looks just like yours.  I had no pop-ups,  and no reminder options.  Confusingly though my version is 5.33.  ??

If I switch back to the previous UI (see Settings) the reminder options are there - but no version numbers.

• Level 5*
On 7/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, ehrt74 said:

Evernote web now supports reminders.

Looking at the bottom of the note panel, for notes with reminders - I see the clock icon255000837_ScreenShot2020-07-17at9_06_52AM.png.615249f05d8f740653df600cc870231c.png
Clicking on it does nothing
The reminder date/time is not displayed

New Web v5.33.0, Safari browser

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

There is a reminder icon in the bottom left of the note panel in the new web, 5.33.0 if this is indeed new web.  Issue is it doesn't appear to work all the time and reminder searches don't work as they should, missing notes.  Other than that....  Mind numbing.

ScreenClip.png.e9e19dcd6708f3d109a95c3addcf30d3.png

• Level 5*

...So now I feel totally left out because I can't even see the 'Filters' option!  I tried a couple of browsers,  but it seems I don't have access to the latest version - best I got is 5.33 😕

Off to find a corner to sulk in now...  

• Haha 1
  • Level 5
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

...So now I feel totally left out because I can't even see the 'Filters' option!  I tried a couple of browsers,  but it seems I don't have access to the latest version - best I got is 5.33 😕

Off to find a corner to sulk in now...  

What browser are you using?

• Level 5
13 hours ago, gazumped said:

Normally Brave (Chrome) but I also tried Firefox - same version.

Huh. I've got the latest Firefox (which I use sparingly, and EN Web 6.15 there. "C'est la vie say the old folks, goes to show you never can tell."

• Like 1

So...I am new to Evernote after a long hiatus. Overall looks great. But I cannot, for the life of me, find where to set a reminder on the web version on a Mac or PC (I tried both) and when I try to do it on the downloaded application, I get a field to complete but no clue as to how to input a date and time. Or just a date. Is it me? Or is it you, Evernote? FWIW, on app or web app, it looks nothing like the image in Help:

1633899228_ScreenShot2020-07-19at10_25_27PM.png.08d9ad8c34bbf2bcc4de9f6d275a18ef.png

Instead, on the downloaded app, I get this puzzling interface:

image.png.30ac957fbfafcea88703127112870a7e.png

Thanks for any info or help!

Gregg

• Level 5
On 7/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, zualsteve said:

,Its actually right at the bottom right corner next to the tag option.

So it seems to be for some of us, but not at all for others.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:32 PM, RadioGregg said:

But I cannot, for the life of me, find where to set a reminder on the web version on a Mac or PC (I tried both) and when I try to do it on the downloaded application, I get a field to complete but no clue as to how to input a date and time.

It hasn't been possible in the Web beta for a long time, though some people do seem to find it now. If you click the black "New Editor" button at bottom right and switch to the classic editor, you can add and edit reminders.* WRT the app, which one? In the Windows program, if you click on Reminder, then on Add date (what is a reminder without a date?), you should get a calendar and time dialog.

*That no longer works. After writing this, I went to the Web beta for something else and tried switching to the Classic editor using the black button at bottom right. What I got looked pretty much identical with the beta, and nothing like the classic editor, missing reminder functions and all. That was on v. 6.16 in Opera; in Firefox there is no black button at all. But in both browsers, you can click on your account initial at top left and switch to the older version from there, with reminders intact.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

*That no longer works. After writing this, I went to the Web beta for something else and tried switching to the Classic editor using the black button at bottom right. What I got looked pretty much identical with the beta, and nothing like the classic editor, missing reminder functions and all.

Interesting.  I just tried this as well and Classic editor is no longer the "classic" editor.  It is basically the same as the new editor but with a few very minor UI changes.  Or at least that is all I noticed.  I'm also in the no reminder camp as well, though I know I've seen it there before in the new editor.  I rarely use the web version, so I'm not sure when that change occurred.

• Level 5

Yes, I now have v. 6.16.1, and also have functioning reminders. So yay!!

The weirdness in which the "New Editor" and "Classic Editor" seem to be virtually the same (while the "older version" is definitely the older version) remains. I'm going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that the "Classic Editor" is in fact the new editor in a public-release version, while the "New Editor" remains in beta. But I have no idea at all whether that is actually the case.