Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the Evernote Development Team for the best new build, ever, of an already great application!  I updated my version this morning and have been happily playing with all the new features.  Well done!

-Steve Colburn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

...but which new version - iOS / Windows / Mac / Android ???

Sorry - just read the tag.  Windows,  uh - always good to make pro or con comments in the release thread:

It's usually referenced on the main Forum page - and I'm sure the team like to get positive feedback!  ;)

28 minutes ago, secolburn said:

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the Evernote Development Team

Nice to see a positive post.

I also appreciate the work of the Development team.  The apps are getting better over time as features are developed and bugs are fixed

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DTLow said:

The apps are getting better over time as features are developed and bugs are fixed

That has not been my observation with Evernote Mac, and certainly not with Evernote iOS.  But don't take my word for it, just review the many bug reports in EN Mac 7 Release thread, and in EN Mac 6.14 Beta threads.

I'm still running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6 because of the many new bugs in all releases since then.

But then I'm an Evernote old-timer.  I still remember the days of yesteryear when I never hesitated to update to the latest version of Evernote, and that included the Beta versions.  Those days are long, long, gone.

There are many, many people calling for Evernote to revert EN iOS 8.x to the last stable Version 7.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I'm still running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6 because of the many new bugs in all releases since then.

Not upgrading, or even downgrading works for me.

Yes, there are bugs,  and the bugs and features differ in importance for users.  And sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.

I downgraded from the latest version (beta) and am waiting for an Applescript bug to be fixed.  I'm confident the developers will resolve this issue in future releases.

15 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

But then I'm an Evernote old-timer.  I still remember the days of yesteryear when I never hesitated to update to the latest version of Evernote, and that included the Beta versions.  Those days are long, long, gone.

That about sums it up for me as well.

I use to be excited to try new beta versions to see what enhancements or new features were being added.  Now I cross my fingers when loading a new (public only now) version and hope that nothing important to me breaks.

14 hours ago, DTLow said:

Not upgrading, or even downgrading works for me.

I agree that is a valid approach when considering the beta versions, but one should never have to be concerned with an upgrade breaking function, or removing function, which does seem to be the norm lately.  Defects always escape but we are seeing way more than we should with Evernote.

16 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I still remember the days of yesteryear when I never hesitated to update to the latest version of Evernote, and that included the Beta versions.  Those days are long, long, gone.

57 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

one should never have to be concerned with an upgrade breaking function, or removing function, which does seem to be the norm lately.

I also wish upgrades were bug free, and have my desired features; but it is what it is.  

I'm cautious about upgrades, and pick and chose what software versions to run on my devices.

If wishes were horses, all men would ride.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I also wish upgrades were bug free, and have my desired features; but it is what it is.

Bug free would be nice but I'm just asking for upgrades not to be one step forward and two steps back ... and many times it is really hard to even find the one step forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always good to see a positive post, especially if a developer is reading these (which we know some do). It would be a tough job for me if I am only hearing the bad all the time. 

I think we all demand perfection from anything tech related these days as if everything we do at our jobs or in our daily lives are SO PERFECT! It is a very unrealistic demand. 

Like Louis CK's bit about the guy on the airplane who was pissed off about the WIFI being shut down although he did not even know about it until 5 minutes prior. We automatically feel entitled when it comes to tech. I know we pay for the service etc. but it will never get perfect. Although, I do hope for less bugs and more features that have been requested here for years such as dark theme etc.

Happy Monday everybody !

3 hours ago, TK0047 said:

I think we all demand perfection from anything tech related these days as if everything we do at our jobs or in our daily lives are SO PERFECT! It is a very unrealistic demand. 

If you are reading my comments above as a request for perfection, then you are very mistaken.  Evernote can and should do a better job with their releases.

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

If you are reading my comments above as a request for perfection, then you are very mistaken.  Evernote can and should do a better job with their releases.

I wasn't. I was talking about the general comments and how we all sometimes look like we are demanding perfection. That was it. There is always some feature someone will want or complain about something missing etc. That was my point.