Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Safari

Webclipping on iPad

clipper ipad

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Gerard Byrne

Gerard Byrne

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

How do I web clip or screen clip on iPad? From new Evernote user.

#2 tkaraszewski

tkaraszewski

• Group: Evernote Employee
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

There is currently no official way to to do this, but there are third-party instructions available online that will et you use a workaround. Try:
http://mergy.org/201...pad-and-iphone/

#3 TheMau

TheMau

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Thank you a lot! You made my life so much better:)

#4 Beth Amann

Beth Amann

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

There is currently no official way to to do this, but there are third-party instructions available online that will et you use a workaround. Try:

Thanks for the article - this seems to be best way to webclip on iOS at the moment, albeit it does take a bit of work to set up. Dolphin Browser for iPad is currently working on integrating Evernote Web Clipping. It'll make the process of web clipping on tablet/mobile a lot easier!

#5 alanfujii

alanfujii

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

You can arrange your screen to want you want to clip and take a snapshot of your entire screen by pressing the On/Off button and then the Home button. It will save the screen shot to camera roll. You then go back to you Evernote note and press then logo that looks like a picture. It will bring up your photo stream and your screen shot should be there. Click it and it's transferred to your note

#6 Victoria Maxwell-Davis

Victoria Maxwell-Davis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Re:

Thanks for your easy to follow instructions. Web clipping to Evernote from my iPad has now been made easy! The best thing about finding simple elegant solutions for storing and retrieving information is how much is frees us up to spend brain power on creative pursuits instead of administrative ones. These little things make the world of difference.

#7 mprazoff

mprazoff

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Seems like this has broken with the switch to Oauth. Any ideas?

#8 jbignert

jbignert

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

@mprazoff

Yes there is something bad going on there. Here's what I can observe:

1) after signing in I receive an error / maintenance page ( http://evernote.com/maint-shard.php )
2) however if I try using the Clip to evernote bookmarklet again I find that I was actaully signed in and can create clips.

So you should still be able to use the product while the experience is confusing.

We will fix this within short.

#9 JC_Berger

JC_Berger

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

@mprazoff

1) after signing in I receive an error / maintenance page ( http://evernote.com/maint-shard.php )
2) however if I try using the Clip to evernote bookmarklet again I find that I was actaully signed in and can create clips.

So you should still be able to use the product while the experience is confusing.

So I guess this is more than just a "broken link" issue, correct?
Words of wisdom.

#10 JC_Berger

JC_Berger

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

@mprazoff

Any update on this? I was seeing this problem as recently as yesterday?
Words of wisdom.

#11 abw

abw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

This issue of the ipad safari webclipper for evernote, that once worked and now seems not to, remains unsolved, despite the assurance from an evernote employee in this forum that it would be dealt with quickly. How are things going with this?

The capacity to maintain a synched set of research notes organised by topic and using web clippings is a major interest of anyone who researches using the web. Evernote, by being cross platform, has a lead, even though there are other web clipping systems. This is a really silly thing to drop the ball on if you want to stay ahead. Especially since, like probably most people with an iPad, that is the device I use most often for my routine research and clipping.

Also worth noting, I usually access materials via regular reading of RSS feeds for which I use various services to access my google reader feeds (eg Feedler). These often have their own browser windows that open when you click to read a story. If I were Evernote I would put effort into enabling clipping within these as well as Safari.

I used to use evernote as standard for all clipping but having lost the previously usable workaround ipad web clipper, my research work flow is much more complicated.
I cant believe there are so few of us using cross platform devices for web-researching that its not worth putting resources into this.

Hoping Evernote sorts it or it will be overtaken by someone nimbler.

#12 fiberjean

fiberjean

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I am very interested in the outcome of this problem. Will continue to follow along.....hopefully not for long!

#13 laowai

laowai

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Keen also to know when i can start again to use evernote
Loved it so far but since the link is not working anymore, foud alternatives way to keep notes...

Will try again in one month d without success willl stop my account

#14 fiberjean

fiberjean

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

YES!!! The fix from #2 worked! This was worth the trouble but I really hope Evernote will get this worked out for the sake of all the poor souls who haven't found this forum. This is a really big thing. Without a clipper, you may as well not use Evernote.

#15 laowai

laowai

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Indeed. Did not realize the Snippet had been recently updated. Now works again

#16 Seayja

Seayja

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

This post was very helpful. I just spent over an hour trying to find a way to get the web clipper to work. And after reading these easy steps it took a few minutes.

#17 TheBecks

TheBecks

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

@mprazoff

Still seeing this issue today on the iPad when trying to utilize the clip to Evernote workaround provided above.....so what does "we will fix this within short" mean in terms of an actual timeframe? The reply was posted Nov 12.....two months is past my definition of "short".

#18 Vivek Rege

Vivek Rege

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Thanks this was quite useful

#19 mikejackfletcher

mikejackfletcher

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hello - Can Evernote web clip on an ipad 4 using safari?
Today's the 19th jan 13. Thank you

#20 Ninotschka

Ninotschka

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

If the method above is still broken, there are other ways to clip in iOS. For example, iCab Mobile browser has a "module" that clips to Evernote (amongst many other useful features). I usually forward articles to Evernote from Safari either by email or by saving them to Pocket and from there to Evernote. In most cases, this renders the article pretty well. It also works from RSS readers, provided they have email and Pocket sharing options. The articles end up in my default notebook and I can assign tags and notebook from there. There are also some 3rd party clipping apps, as reviewed here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=kq2XVia2Ylk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote