REQUEST: Evernote for Symbian (Nokia)

planetf1

Idea

Why is Evernote not available for the Nokia E73???

I think that evernote could be used successfully for people with ADHD to remain organized.....this is very important to me because I have a hard time managing my ADD.

I just bought the Nokia E73 with high hopes to keep myself more organized, with previous knowledge of Evernote, hoping the two would help me and now I am extremely unhappy to find out they are not compatable.....

Will they ever work together in the near future?

There is a Maemo and a S6 version of Evernote, as well as WP7, as those are the most current Nokia devices.

Additionally, our Mobile Web version is available for all other Nokia applications.

As a company, we only plan development for "current" technology. We do not spend resource time on "older" or "crippled" devices. Evernote is also not compatible with IE6, nor do we plan on it.

Windows XP is still going to be supported until 2014, that doesn't mean it's current technology.

Additionally, we have an open API. If there's someone out there that feels the desire to develop their own client on a specific platform, they're more than welcome to. The desire for a Symbian-only client in the open source community has been thus far underwhelming.

Linux users, on the other hand, have developed more than one.

Is Qt "older" or "crippled"?

Qt is not a device.

But Qt support a wide range of devices for its cross-platform nature.

Official One Note which is implemented by QML(part of Qt) is coming to Symbian, hope you guys really think about it.

If the messages of Evernote is in well-formated XML. Anyone who familiar with it will made the simple Evernote within 1 day, for QML's powerful support of XML parsing and XML display.

Just see:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/demos-decla ... s-qml.html

and the "XmlListModel" in it

Nokia does not make apps, and its partnership with Microsoft means that making an evernote app would be making an app for a competitor, as evernote is a competing product of MS' own OneNote. Nokia wont be the ones to make an evernote app if ever.

Hello,

I'm a really fan of Evernote, I love to use it, and I confess I'm not a regular user, I use it at my Windows at work, Mac OSX and Android Galaxy at home, and even on my Nokia N900 (qvernote application). The reason why I'm writing is because I recently bougth an amazing Nokia N9, and the only application I'm missing is yours!

What are your plans for this platform? Why not develop for symbian and MeeGo with Qt for newer Nokia touchscreen phones? Nokia has more users than Palm's platform you've supported... :-)

If you have a beta program for that, please count with me!

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Dear Dave Engberg sir,

Somedays ago, I posted same topic in Japanese Forum, but got no answer.....

I found "Evernote for Nokia N73" at

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/34031/ever ... nokia-n73/

I downloard it for my N73, Japanese version "SoftBank 705NK", but when I installed, my Nokia said " certificate error, contact the application supplier".

What is that "version 3.x" ? If you can, please do take newest certification?

You could try following the instructions here. Hopefully will be understandable if your native language and phone are in Japanese. Good luck!

EDIT: Just be careful if you use any certificate bypass methods that you trust the software source! In the past, I have found some pretty scary-looking apps at getjar.com.

Seems you're a evernote employee, as shown in your userinfo. So, you might know I'm not talking about a mobile version of evernote's site. I'm talking about a real application that could use, at least the basic evernote's functionality, so we could use it even offline for a later sync.

And a feedback as evernote's user: as you could read on my initial message, I'm a real fan of your company, why are you answering replies by simply sending a link? It's not the way I expect to be threated by your company. Say at least: "No, we don't have plans", or "Use the mobile version". Too bad message for your subscribers...

Br,

Daniel.

Hi all,

A while ago I replyed/entered in some hot discussions here about a Evernote version for Symbian. To put it briefly everyone who replyed ,being either EN employee or just forum memberes, told me to relax cos it will never happen. Why?Because Symbian is a dead platform and they will rather invest in Win mo .

Still I want to open a new topic about this old issue because it seems that Nokia keeps releasing new Symbian smartphones, some quite exciting like the Nokia 808. Also the number of Symbian phones out there is still high and continiues to grow not as fast as before but enough to matter.

So I would like to know if maybe EN position has changed and also to have a single place where Symbian/Evernote users could post their opinions.

Well there is also that topic on the same subject and that one. In some of them I myself have replyed.

The reason why I started a fresh one is that in the old ones the discussion got a bit hot and maybe it's time to start over.

As I said in the OP ,it seems that Symbian is here to stay for some years ...more than Palm OS :D at list.

I'm sure that there are plenty of evernote users that own a Symbian smartphone and they should be able to enjoy a mobile version of EN just like eveyone else.

I gave up my beloved N8 a year ago and went on the dark path of Android because there was no EN app but as soon as N808 is available I will switch back. Never got used to Android and eversince I made the switch its been a pain to use it.

I'm deleting this app off my iPad as there is no app for my phone, and its useless to have Evernote if i cant use it on Symbian devices!!

It doesn't really make any sense that there be no Symbian app, there are millions of Symbian phones out there, and more coming out every other month!

• Level 5*

I'm deleting this app off my iPad as there is no app for my phone, and its useless to have Evernote if i cant use it on Symbian devices!!

It doesn't really make any sense that there be no Symbian app, there are millions of Symbian phones out there, and more coming out every other month!

i know nothing about evernote on this platform, but i gotta wonder about what you said. i can't argue with that, but with only about 2% market share (right?), i'm not sure you're gonna make your case based on numbers... :)

i do like how this thread started off with an offer of 45 dollars for support!

It's nice to see another Evernote user bothered by the lack of a Symbian client but using terms like "Stupid" won't help. The statistics r there for everyone to see how may users Symbian still has and that didn't moved them either.

I would love a solid evernote client for my N8 but for now (or forever!) I just use email to send to my evernote account (or email from my evernote account if I think there is something I might need when I'm out) - it works & covers most my needs - I am also looking at simplenote & the symnote - to see if I can further ease the lack of the evernote client - BUT Evernote is too good (for me) to even think of not using it for the majority or my work.

jbenson,

don't take it personally, but there's still a pretty shortsighted view on it in your statement.

Where do these Shareholders and Employees live and get their impression from?

Industrialised Countries like our countries.

What is the market portion of industrialised countries nowadays in the mobile phone market?

Pretty much nothing any more.

And it's far from growing as the mobile phone markets in developing countries either.

No matter how few Nokias you're still seeing in the US, it's still the biggest Mobile manufacturer out there - not apple or any of the android manufacturers.

And Nokia knows those markets out there that the other established manufacturers don't understand, and unlike the chinese churns out useable devices.

So there's a far bigger and far more growing market out there that we just too easily ignore and people want to ignore that market due to their shortsighted impression of the total market.

Does that seem a good business strategy to you?

there is not evernote app available for symbian s60, why?!

Nokia smartphones are one of the most mobile smartphone

Still living in the time before the Iphone?

Your Question is so ...2007 (I´m still using N95 and also sad with no Evernote on it).

• Level 5*

not to stomp on symbian, but i would guess that the growing user base who will use evernote and can afford a premium upgrade (free evernote apps probably don't generate much revenue!) is going to be found in industrialized countries with smartphones running android or ios.

that said, this might be a great opportunity for a third party app to step in and support symbian! rather than allocate evernote resources to symbian, i'd rather see them focused on profits, and hopefully it will generate enough revenue to stick around a long time--a hundred years!

Hi, I'm a new Nokia N8 user, and I downloaded "NOTEKEEPER" compatible app from the OVI store, also available as a free trial version.

It has the basic options, I have all my notes with me, even offline. For me it's enough.

By

Hey mr. Seth, If you have just a little time for me I would love to hear from You. I want to make an app for NokiaN9 + Symbian, but since You don't have any sample QT code it's hard to break-through the ice. I have setup an OAuth on my N9 and that ofcourse works. I have setup thrift on my Windows and I am now looking into how to call the list of my notes. I promise not to take too much of Your time, but I do need a push in the back. I hope You are reading this "hot" topic, and thank You Seth.

Please! :)

a Symbian version will be great,but a useful choice not-symbian,is a Java version. Java is always a good ideas, very portable and actually present in ever mobile phone sell in the world.

attending news about java/symbian Evernote's version, i taste successfully Evernote Mobile , that I discover only today his existence! bye

• Level 5*

a Symbian version will be great,but a useful choice not-symbian,is a Java version. Java is always a good ideas, very portable and actually present in ever mobile phone sell in the world.

attending news about java/symbian Evernote's version, i taste successfully Evernote Mobile , that I discover only today his existence! bye

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Evernote mobile. I think a lot of people don't know about it, so I'll put the link here http://www.evernote.com/m/

Archived