some queries re Evernote premium

Hi I am Amartya. I am a premium user since last 1 year. i have few queries. please help me. In past 1 year, i have collected almost 8000 notes in my Ecernote. and now I want to:

1.)weed out  duplicate notes by any short-cut method, 

2.) remove all hyperlinks in my notes at one go,

also i have problem with the way inserted pdf file is shown in an Evernote. please help me in this. Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Once you have uploaded notes to Evernote,  there's no great advantage in deleting duplicates.  It takes some effort to find them,  and all you gain is some slight efficiency in searches,  and -if you use a desktop device- a slightly smaller database file.  I prefer to weed out duplicates when I find them as part of a routine search.  It helps to tidy up the search results.

Hyperlinks in the note body can be removed one note at a time,  but not in bulk.  Likewise links in the note title - like the source of a clip - can be removed separately.  There's no easy way to do either of those things in bulk.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, amartya said:

1.)weed out  duplicate notes by any short-cut method, 

If the titles are copied to a spreadsheet, there are tools to identify duplicates

>>2.) remove all hyperlinks in my notes at one go,  

Why the need to "remove all hyperlinks"?  They use minimum space, and are important information

>>also i have problem with the way inserted pdf file is shown in an Evernote. please help me in this

You'll need to provide more details

22 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Once you have uploaded notes to Evernote,  there's no great advantage in deleting duplicates.  It takes some effort to find them,  and all you gain is some slight efficiency in searches,  and -if you use a desktop device- a slightly smaller database file.  I prefer to weed out duplicates when I find them as part of a routine search.  It helps to tidy up the search results.

Hyperlinks in the note body can be removed one note at a time,  but not in bulk.  Likewise links in the note title - like the source of a clip - can be removed separately.  There's no easy way to do either of those things in bulk.

so sad. anyway,,,thanks.

22 hours ago, DTLow said:

If the titles are copied to a spreadsheet, there are tools to identify duplicates

>>2.) remove all hyperlinks in my notes at one go,  

Why the need to "remove all hyperlinks"?  They use minimum space, and are important information

>>also i have problem with the way inserted pdf file is shown in an Evernote. please help me in this

You'll need to provide more details

look at the attached ss. I want pdf file to be viewed normally like an inserted image and not like that. thanks

everN.png

• Level 5*
On 9/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, amartya said:

also i have problem with the way inserted pdf file is shown in an Evernote. please help me in this. Thanks

2 hours ago, amartya said:

look at the attached ss. I want pdf file to be viewed normally like an inserted image and not like that. thanks

It's still not clear what your issue is

• Level 5

An inserted Photo is always only one page / print, and there are some tools in EN to make a basic edit.

A pdf is a multipage document, and EN provides for other tools to add comments.

Each file is shown the way it needs to be to give access to the relevant options.

If you want to have a static picture view of a pdf, simply make a screen- or windows shot, and add it on top of the pdf to your note. However, to my understanding, this is laborious and does not really make much sense.

The little preview of the pdf shown in the left column is a thumbnail picture, but it does only serve the purpose to allow a quick view on the notes content.

12 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

This might help with the PDF display problem: go to the Tools menu, then Options, then Note, and then under the Note view options, untick "Always show PDF documents as attachments." 

thanks. I have done that. Is there a way to view that attachment in Evernote itself? upon clicking it directs to Adobe reader

• Level 5*
On 9/18/2019 at 2:25 AM, amartya said:

thanks. I have done that. Is there a way to view that attachment in Evernote itself? upon clicking it directs to Adobe reader

Right-Click the attachment and select View Inline uncheck View as Attachment
There are options to make this the default view

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, amartya said:

EN provides the viewer for PDFs when View as attachment is not checked in the PDF context menu.  You can scroll within that window.  Could be improved, but it is what it is.

Image.png.3b7337216864b859872ef6d45e719ada.png

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Uncheck View as Attachment  

As I remember, if you set the global option for 'view as attachment', that's what all notes get (hence why the above is greyed out). If you uncheck the global option, then you can control notes individually.

• Thanks 1