marcsilva

Option to disable Evernote-emojis

Idea

Hi,

I would like to request an option to disable automatic emojis in the Windows desktop version.

Thank you.

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

Try the following: add a space inside your emoji, then a space after,  then remove the space from inside the emoji.  This effectively disables it. 

Alternately, put it inside a code block (Ctrl-Shift-L), same result.

Not sure why you would want  to, but there you go.

Can we have an example of the text you want to protect from the emoji please?  Is this something covered by the Tools > Options > Note dialogue?

Here's an example: I take a lot of notes in which I outline sequences of movements, and abbreviate the doer of the action as "A:" or "D:". But typing D: forces a sad-face emoji. Every. Single. Time. And no, this is NOT disabled by turning off the auto-formatting options in Tool > Options > Note.

Forcing emojis on me to begin with is stupid. Not being able to turn them off is just a baffling UX oversight.

Frankly, it's aggravating and I'm giving serious consideration to abandoning this platform in favor of Dropbox Paper, whose formatting options are far, far more robust.

22 hours ago, steve_shoe said:

typing D: forces a sad-face emoji. Every. Single. Time. And no, this is NOT disabled by turning off the auto-formatting options in Tool > Options > Note.

Did you try what I mentioned above:  Entering D :  with spaces between and after, then remove the space in between?

If it is too annoying to do it manually, the following AutoHotkey script can do it automatically:

#d::
Send D :{space}{left 2}{bs 1}{end}
return

Run it by pressing the Windows key followed the letter d (can change d on the first line to anything you wish).